#41 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Full Name:Bart Huyett

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:44 AM

Flash point is working on a 68 camaro promod i wanna pick that up next.

I will hold off, the Camaro is nice, but I want the other two he is working on. 68 Mustang and 63 Corvette.

I have pictures of the 68 Mustang, and it looks really nice. It is in primer now, but needs a few tweaks based on what Terry is saying. As for the 63, my understanding it is a ways off from being added to the site for purchase. I guess, I will either wait for Flashpoint to finish his 63 or I will be working on my own Pro Mod using an original 63 1/16 model. Just have to figure how much time I want to spend on body work. :D

#42 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:21 AM

I will hold off, the Camaro is nice, but I want the other two he is working on. 68 Mustang and 63 Corvette.

I have pictures of the 68 Mustang, and it looks really nice. It is in primer now, but needs a few tweaks based on what Terry is saying. As for the 63, my understanding it is a ways off from being added to the site for purchase. I guess, I will either wait for Flashpoint to finish his 63 or I will be working on my own Pro Mod using an original 63 1/16 model. Just have to figure how much time I want to spend on body work. :D

Ahh, I have a 1/16th 55 chevy i wanna do as a prostreet car. May have to start on that this winter. Stop holding out on the mustang pictures :D PM maybe? lol

#43 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:07 AM

Joe... your build is coming along very nice man. Any more updates to share with us?? Can't wait to see more.

Bart... I can't wait to see what Terry at flashpoint has in store for the 68 and 63 Vette. I keep tossing around a few ideas for bodies for the pro mod I want to build and still debating on cutting up a body that I have or go with a resin body. although I am undecided at this point.

#44 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:12 AM

Ahh, I have a 1/16th 55 chevy i wanna do as a prostreet car. May have to start on that this winter. Stop holding out on the mustang pictures :D PM maybe? lol

Joe I am all over the place with builds... lol... I have been eyeing a 41 Willys in 1/16 scale that I would like to build up as a Pro Street/Pro Touring car as well.

Joe... your build is coming along very nice man. Any more updates to share with us?? Can't wait to see more.

Bart... I can't wait to see what Terry at flashpoint has in store for the 68 and 63 Vette. I keep tossing around a few ideas for bodies for the pro mod I want to build and still debating on cutting up a body that I have or go with a resin body. although I am undecided at this point.

Chris, or I could always wait on you to build a nice body and see if I can talk you out of it! :rolleyes:

#45 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:31 PM

lol, i hear ya Bart. Chris haven't had any time last 2 days, Hope to work on it tommarrow night and have some updates.

#46 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:05 PM

Joe any updates for us?

Oh on a side note I just got a communication saying they were starting on my 1st order from TDR/Shapeway. The original email said I should receive the item on 10/7, so it is definitely more like I said earlier. Give it 4-6 weeks to receive the item once ordered.

#47 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:21 PM

lol, i hear ya Bart. Chris haven't had any time last 2 days, Hope to work on it tommarrow night and have some updates.

Joe I hear you when you don't have the time. I know there are times that I just want to build and can't cause of other things that life brings up. Look forward to more soon

#48 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:05 PM

Bart, Yeah i received an email from shapeways that my order didn't hit the printer yet, just excited to get the turbos lol.

Chris, Yeah been getting ready for winter, Once it starts getting dark at 5pm i will hit it hard.

So i didn't like the original motor mount/firewall, so i redid it and got it skinned. will still need some final body work and i want to round the edges more where the inserts are, I received my order from RB Motion so i can get started on my suspension and links once i get my motor mount and the trans mount done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 John Teresi

John Teresi

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts
  • Full Name:John Teresi

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

Joe......coming along nicely .......really enjoy looking at your work.

#50 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,422 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

Good progress. Looking forward to more.

#51 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

Hey Joe... That frame is looking sweet and the firewall is looking good.

#52 semijoe

semijoe

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Full Name:joe kovach

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:04 AM

shes looking really good. love watching something like this come together

#53 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:06 AM

Coming along there pretty nicely Joe. Are you avoiding that drivers area and getting that framed in? :)

#54 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

Thx. for the compliments guys, For my first time doing a chassis i'm very happy the way it is turning out.

Bart, going to get the transmount and inner rails done then do the drivers area and foot pedal mounts, When i do the upper part of the cage i might pin it so it's removable to make it easier for final assembly.

#55 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,782 posts
  • Full Name:Romell Robinson

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:35 AM

im enjoying this one BIGTIME!

#56 stump

stump

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Location:Aussie....Northern N.S.W. Not far from Dragalogalong..
  • Full Name:Greg "stump" Armour

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

Thx. for the compliments guys, For my first time doing a chassis i'm very happy the way it is turning out.

Bart, going to get the transmount and inner rails done then do the drivers area and foot pedal mounts, When i do the upper part of the cage i might pin it so it's removable to make it easier for final assembly.

:) I had a quiet chuckle to myself reading that Joe. :D
I am going through my assembly of the chassis in the same manner as you, getting the top frame rails and associated supports done first, then on to the main top bars.
Looks great so far mate. B)

#57 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:18 PM

Thx. Guys, Well received my turbos from TDR. There suppose to be 1/16th 4-1/2" turbos, here's a picture of them next to the 1/16th block. They are umm a little to big, Not sure if shapeways messed up the order or what, I sent TDR and email will see what happens. I will say the detail is amazing on these parts, Bummer is another long wait to get more. haven't had much time to work on it, Hope to have an update for you guys soon.

Posted Image

#58 Mr.1/16th

Mr.1/16th

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Full Name:Santiago A. Hernandez

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

WICKED TURBOS BUT A BIT LARGE FOR THE BUILD!! STILL THEY ARE BAD TO THE BONE.

#59 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

WICKED TURBOS BUT A BIT LARGE FOR THE BUILD!! STILL THEY ARE BAD TO THE BONE.

Yes they are, I ordered some smaller ones. Fingers crossed they will work.

#60 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

Tiny little update, Been doing lots of yard work with all the leaves falling plus doing some side work on 1:1's. Finally had a chance to work on it a little today, did some mods to the Bell housing and made the Trans mounts. Cut down some aluminum tube in half to make the chassis part of the mounts, also fitted the TDR u-joint and made some Air-pods, still needs lots of detailing. Going to build the reverse lever tomorrow after work and hopefully get the center of the chassis knocked out.

Posted Image