#661 Dyno Davo

Dyno Davo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Full Name:David Loye

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Driveshaft came out amazing Joe, agree the weld decals just add another touch of realism to an accurate component on this cool build.

#662 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,629 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

You do excellent work with this build! The detail and craftmanship is near perfection! I'm enjoying this one alot, can't wait to see more progress.

#663 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Davis

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

SWEET!!

#664 tyrone

tyrone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Full Name:Tyrone Price

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

TOP NOTCH .... ;)

#665 TedsModeling

TedsModeling

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Full Name:Ted Bowe

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

Joe - I stock the TDR u-joints and have played with them a little. I know you have to make the end caps, but Is there a trick to getting the pieces put together without breaking them? I was afraid I was going to break something and stopped fussing with it.
Thanks for a great build!

#666 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

Joe - I stock the TDR u-joints and have played with them a little. I know you have to make the end caps, but Is there a trick to getting the pieces put together without breaking them? I was afraid I was going to break something and stopped fussing with it.
Thanks for a great build!

Thx, guys, Ted, They are very hard to work with and i broke 4 of the Yokes trying to drill them out, so i ended up using a tiny round file to open them up and then had to sand down the tube to fit. Next time i will use solid rod and drill them out to work so the caps look better, not sure what material they are made of. Wonder if they could be printed in the white material and they would be stronger?

#667 TedsModeling

TedsModeling

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

TDR tells me this is the strongest material. The white material is really thin. Thanks for the tips - I'll have to try it out. You have to admit they look like the real thing - great job!

#668 stump

stump

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Location:Aussie....Northern N.S.W. Not far from Dragalogalong..
  • Full Name:Greg "stump" Armour

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

Joe, SUPER work buddy. B) :)

Your attention to the finer details leaves me breathless, much like Chris' (Mooneyes) work. ;)

Yeah, I managed to break one of my yokes during assembly. :(
I know it would probably ADD to the cost of these parts, but maybe TDR could look at producing these more fragile components from one of the metals Shapeways have available??? Just a thought.

#669 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Full Name:dave smith

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

not to beat a dead horse but, trying to drill printed material is a no-no. you should always use a rat tail file or a carbide burr to open up this stuff. especially with minimal wall thickness. a drill bit by nature will try to expand the material you are drilling. it will find the weakest print line and crack it. i don't think the metal material that is printed will be any better as it is still only held together by a binding agent.

sorry, joe. i wanted to tell you how good the '57 looks and i got side tracked. great work!!!!!!!

Edited by comp1839, 25 November 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#670 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

Thx. and no problem Dave, always looking for insight. Didn't do much today, I installed some Dzus fastners on the center carbon panel and installed it along with the tubs and the ARB. If i decide to display with the one wheel off i will do some more detail work inside the wheel wells. I cleaned the bench so i can start on the motor tommarrow after work.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#671 tyrone

tyrone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Full Name:Tyrone Price

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Everything is looking Fantastic Joe... Love watching these promod builds go together.. I can't wait to see the engine assembly...

#672 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

wow! looks like your wheel tubs came out just fine, nice save! everything looks awesome! super nice work Joe!!

#673 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Thx. Guys, really excited to get started on the engine. Forgot a picture of the underside.

Posted Image

#674 TedsModeling

TedsModeling

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

Joe - going back to the enclosed container issue and the wheel tubs/decals, would it be safe to store a model (or parts) during a build in a dehumidifier? Especially one with a fan and adjustable heat. You could always leave the fan running and I suppose low heat wouldn't hurt anything either. Just a thought because I've been thinking about one for several months for curing paint, but I never thought of it for general storage.
I'd appreciate everybody's opinions.

#675 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

Yeah I'm not sure on that Ted, I wouldn't want to leave that running all the time. I just did the container to keep dust off of stuff. Maybe a couple small vent holes would help.

#676 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

I'm ready to see the mill going in with those wicked turbo's Joe!!

#677 ScrappyJ

ScrappyJ

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

Very nice work, Joe! Nice fabrication and your execution is on point. Look foward to seeing more.

#678 MicroNitro

MicroNitro

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Full Name:jim littiken

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

Look in Good! Great job on the tubs. This is one of those builds were you have to keep reminding yourself it is not 1:1 while looking at the pictures.

I made a cabinet to keep finished parts from getting dusty. It is not perfect but keeps 95% of the dust off. It has a glass door so I can remember what is in there. I do keep a couple of the silicon bag thingy in it to keep the humidity down. I also have a dehumidifier in the room. It is real hilly here were I live and never much of a breeze so humidity is a problem.

Attached Files

#679 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

Thx. for the feed back and compliments guys. Jim, I love the look of that room, IS that all done in pine then stained? I'm still planning out my upstairs hobby room and may redo it, I love that look.

#680 futurattraction

futurattraction

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • Full Name:Scott Popham

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

Your 5-7 is looking super, Joe. As Jim said, I've got to remind myself that I'm not looking at a 1:1...