#62 RTK434

RTK434

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Moyer

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:33 PM

Super nice work Joe. Your name seems really familiar to me. Were you on RCCrawler.com maybe?

#63 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,922 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

Joe... Nice work man. It is looking great. I can't wait to see the next update. Tranny is looking Killer!! Keep up the great work.

#64 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

Looks AWESOME....

Thx. Tyrone

#65 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

Super nice work Joe. Your name seems really familiar to me. Were you on RCCrawler.com maybe?

Thx. Jeff, Yeah rccrawler and GSRCRC.com, i remember you Had the bruisers small world, I was mxmhero on gsrcrc and hitman on rccrawler.

Joe... Nice work man. It is looking great. I can't wait to see the next update. Tranny is looking Killer!! Keep up the great work.

Thx. Chris

#66 RTK434

RTK434

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:32 AM

Thx. Jeff, Yeah rccrawler and GSRCRC.com, i remember you Had the bruisers small world, I was mxmhero on gsrcrc and hitman on rccrawler.

Thx. Chris

I thought that was you. Do you have any crawlers anymore? I sold the bruisers for race car parts. I was thinking about getting another one but I really need to try and just focus on one or two hobbies instead of 10.

#67 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Full Name:Bart Huyett

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:02 AM

I thought that was you. Do you have any crawlers anymore? I sold the bruisers for race car parts. I was thinking about getting another one but I really need to try and just focus on one or two hobbies instead of 10.

That is funny to see fellow RCCrawler members on here as well. I use to frequent the site and poured all kinds of money into Bruisers. Restored one back to brand new and built a 1.9 that you see in the pic, and sold it off to another member on the site. I continue to kick myself for selling the restored one. When my son was only 18 months, he would see it and say Guk..... it was his first word... needless to say his mother was really upset!

Edited by eviltwincustoms, 15 November 2011 - 08:02 AM.

#68 RTK434

RTK434

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:29 AM

That is funny to see fellow RCCrawler members on here as well. I use to frequent the site and poured all kinds of money into Bruisers. Restored one back to brand new and built a 1.9 that you see in the pic, and sold it off to another member on the site. I continue to kick myself for selling the restored one. When my son was only 18 months, he would see it and say Guk..... it was his first word... needless to say his mother was really upset!

I saw the bruiser in your avatar pic. I miss my bruisers! I'm sure I'll build another one someday.

#69 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

Sent you a PM Jeff.

#70 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

Did a little work today, Made my reverse shifter and mount. Used RB motion rod-ends and bolts, still have detailing to do once it's all painted. I tell ya i have no idea how you guys that do the amazing detail with the little bolts on 1/25th, it's hard for me with the 1/16th stuff and a challenge but i'm enjoying it. Will have some updated chassis pictures tommarrow.
Posted Image

#71 tyrone

tyrone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts
  • Full Name:Tyrone Price

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

Looks good Joe, cant wait for more updates...

#72 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:20 AM

Looks good Joe, cant wait for more updates...

Thx. Tyrone, after working with that little stuff i have a new found respect for you guys that do the 1/25th detail.

#73 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:57 AM

Hey Joe looking,darn good! I have to agree these bolts are small enough. The smaller cars I dont see how they do it.

#74 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

Hey Joe looking,darn good! I have to agree these bolts are small enough. The smaller cars I dont see how they do it.

Thx. Bart, now that I have the rest of the center part of the chassis done I may have to relocate the shifter up top. I will post some pictures tmmarrow night and see what you guys think.

#75 semijoe

semijoe

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Full Name:joe kovach

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:30 AM

looking realy good, detail is awesome. keep the pictures coming

#76 stump

stump

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Location:Aussie....Northern N.S.W. Not far from Dragalogalong..
  • Full Name:Greg "stump" Armour

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

Joe, thats looking AWESOME mate. B)
I have time tough enough doing 1/12 scale, still to try my 1/16 builds. :lol: Not sure I'm looking forward to it now. ;)
Keep up the great work bud. :)

#77 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:54 PM

Joe, thats looking AWESOME mate. B)
I have time tough enough doing 1/12 scale, still to try my 1/16 builds. :lol: Not sure I'm looking forward to it now. ;)
Keep up the great work bud. :)

Thx. Greg, Redid my reverse lever to move it, and finished up the center of my chassis and seat mounts. Spent most of my day rearranging my hobby room and putting in a new desk. Will post some pictures tommarrow night of my progress.

#78 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

Finally had some more time to work on the chassis, I have most of the center of the chassis complete and the funny car part of the cage started and my seat mount pretty much complete. After work tommarrow i will get the driveshaft tunnel done then start on the upper part of the cage. really hard to get those little tubes right where you want them, I'm learning alot and so far i'm happy with the way it is turning out. definitely some things i will change on the next one i build, Also received my new turbos from TRD and there going to work good. I will get some pictures up of the turbos tommarrow night. sorry for the big pictures, i tried resizing in photobucket and doesn't seem to be working. I just started using photobucket.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Prostreet, 29 November 2011 - 06:34 PM.

#79 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

Hey Joe, that work looks mighty darn good to me for being your first! If I didn't know any better, it looks like this wasn't your first attempt. See... I knew you could do it, now you are no longer a virgin to custom chassis work! :D

Actually your pictures are the right size, I dont have to squint to see anything and dont have to click on a darn thumbnail to see the picture. lol

However I would like to take a peak at your Funny Car cage and seat mounts a little better!

#80 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:04 AM

Thx. Bart, The top half of the cage should be fun lol. I will try to get some better pictures of the seat mounts and cage tonight.