#121 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  • Full Name:dave smith

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:44 AM

welcome to the place where time stands still, joe. doing all of the little nit picky things just takes time.....a lot of it. don't get too frustrated. don't rush it. get the details right. you will be oh, so glad in the end!

#122 tyrone

tyrone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts
  • Full Name:Tyrone Price

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:58 AM

Your work on this car is really some of the best I've seen... keep at it Joe...

#123 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

Thx. for the kind words Guys, I know i do the same thing stare at it for a long while trying to figure out a plan of attack lol. It is very enjoyable though. big shout out to Jim (micronitro for doing the wheels for me, Jim nailed them and they will really set off my build. i also have him working on some front struts and rear shocks. had to do a quick mockup.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Prostreet, 19 December 2011 - 02:43 PM.

#124 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

this has all of the makings to being a superb build, joe. like i said earlier. don't rush it!!! take the time to do all of the details YOU believe should be there. you are on your way to kickin' butt and takin' names. control the destiny of your build and do it right! and yes those wheels are TOTALLY cool!!

#125 tyrone

tyrone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:01 AM

Those wheels look great on here Joe, I have plans to do one of these in the near future with a blown engine setup, I saw the 1/25 scale body at the show in Smyrna, I should have picked up one then but the 68 narrow body had to be dealt with first,.. You're doing an excellent job...

Edited by tyrone, 20 December 2011 - 09:01 AM.

#126 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,523 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:39 AM

Turbo Pro Mods are quite interesting too. Well I like supercharged engines the best, but these are interesting-just like bombs when they are gettin' ready for the start. Great job with the frame on this one, and body looks very aerodynamic. It's going to be incredible build, and looks like needs to buy at least one larger scale model kit. Maybe not Drag Car, but anyway....

#127 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Full Name:Bart Huyett

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

That looks BADD.... A__ __..... if you know what I mean! I have to agree with Dave, slow and steady will win the race. And just keep in mind, that if it doesn't look like, don't contemplate it. Tear it a part and just redo it again, or it will tear you up inside down the road. Just ask Chris... lol

Joe, you know me... I even after months of having most of my chassis together, I tore the entire funny car cage out and redid it again. Just because I didn't like how it was looking.

#128 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,839 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:52 PM

Joe... This is looking freaking Sweet Man!!! I love the look with the wheels and the stance you got going. I can't wait to see more progress from you. Keep up the great work, just be patient and no need to rush anything. And as Bart mentioned I know it all too well about tearing it apart and redoing it again....once or twice. I have like 41.5 hours so far on this chassis rework I have been doing...lol call me insane but I am much happier with the chassis now.

#129 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

Thx. For all the kind words guys, No rush here. It will get done when it gets done, i planned at least a year. Bart was kind enough to send me a resized photo for the 4 link brackets, Unfortunately i couldn't use them beings i don't have photo shop which is a bummer. So i found a picture on google a downloaded it and messed with it resizing it in paint till i achieved the size that worked, I then tapped it to some styrene and cut it out on my dremel scroll saw, this is the end result. it fits the chassis perfect, obviously i need to do a little more fine tuning and make the cut outs to fit the chassis then make 3 more lol.

Posted Image

#130 baddgass

baddgass

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:18 AM

Now that you have one, make the other 3 by puting 3 pieces of styrene together and using the one you as the master. I make all 4 at one time.

Love the work.

#131 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:37 AM

Now that you have one, make the other 3 by puting 3 pieces of styrene together and using the one you as the master. I make all 4 at one time.

Love the work.

Joe, Derricks suggestion is actually a really good one, and one that I use when making multiples of something the same. It makes things go faster and you know they are all going to be the same size. The only issue that I came up against was drilling the holes my bit would wonder going through that much material. So I did both Left and then the Right sides together. This way you know that the holes will line up for your heim joints.

#132 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:05 AM

That's the plan guys , will get this one roughed in then stack that one on 3 sheets drill 2 holes and bolt them with the little bolts and cut and drill the rest.

#133 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:05 PM

Chipping away little by little. Knocked out the 4 links brackets and have them mounted, also made the main body mounts. They turned out pretty good, the body has holes that the brass rod fits into and is a very solid sturdy mount. I found some pictures of some pretty cool rear body supports on some promod 57's i wanna try to duplicate. Now that the body is mounted where it will need to be i can start on the upper half of the cage, only concern is the bars that will run down from the main hoop to the dash ( A-Pillar bars) look like they might not hit exactly where they need to, Crossing my fingers they will. I will find out tommarrow night.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#134 tyrone

tyrone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:48 AM

Looking better and better with each update, looks like everything is going great.. nice fit of the chassis and the body...

#135 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:18 AM

looking fantastic joe! great idea on mounting the body. is that something you always do?

#136 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

Looking better and better with each update, looks like everything is going great.. nice fit of the chassis and the body...

Thx. Tyrone

#137 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:50 PM

looking fantastic joe! great idea on mounting the body. is that something you always do?

Thx. Dave, Honestly this is the first time i ever scratch built something of this magnitude, I seen Clay Kemps build of a 1/16th daytona Promod he was working on and said that has to be the way he is mounting the body, so i went with it. It fits nice and tight and i will not have to use any glue to hold the body one which works great, I plan on displaying it with one wheel on and one off. Then if i want i can pull the body and put all the wheels on. Look for another update tonight.

Edited by Prostreet, 29 December 2011 - 12:50 PM.

#138 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

Well after 2 failed hours thursday night trying to get the upper part of the cage started and lots of frustration i got the top part of the cage done tonight. So now i can start on the rest of the funny car cage, I think it turned out good and it fits nice and tight in the body. Let me know what ya think.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#139 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

Looking good Joe, looks like it was easier for you to work it up the way I used on mine. Total how many hrs do you have in the A Pillars and windshield bar?

#140 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

great job, joe! looks great!