#201 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,820 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Harry, building a new jail would create lots of jobs not only for construction workers, but for personel once it's built. Great idea to help stimulate this stagnant economy!

I guess that would be putting a positive spin on things!

#202 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Well Harry, surely you don't think that crooked politics is EVER going to stop in the state of Illinois do you???

#203 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,820 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Well Harry, surely you don't think that crooked politics is EVER going to stop in the state of Illinois do you???

Not in my lifetime, no.

#204 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

It's going to get even worse Harry, trust me!

#205 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Well Harry, are you ready for another Midwest winter? I'm just going to tolerate it like I've been doing over the years and I hear the Caribbean calling me for a visit also. Hopefully I'll get some more models done for the Milwaukee NNL this coming April.

#206 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,820 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

I can't believe I'm still here putting up with these midwest winters! If I had any sense I would have moved away a long time ago...  :rolleyes:

#207 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,471 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

Come to Arizona. The winters are beautiful. Homes have become a bargin and there are lots to choose from. Open and concealed carry is legal. The down side is the summers. If you like heat this is the place to be. It can be hard to spray lacquer in the summer as it can tend to dry before it hits the surface your painting. Thats the truth !

#208 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

I like Arizona as the last time I was there was in '09. Sure the winters are great and I like it hot in the summer, but I don't want to "bake" all summer long. I was born in Chicago and I'll most likely die living in Illinois even though the winters suck.

#209 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,820 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

I also like the southwest. I've been to Phoenix a couple of times, and yeah, it gets hot... but like they say, "it's a dry heat!" And that's really true. I can deal with 110 degrees and 20% humidity, no problem. It's those 90 degree/90% humidity summer days here that are killers. I swear, you can sit perfectly still under a shade tree and still break a sweat!

#210 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

I also like the southwest. I've been to Phoenix a couple of times, and yeah, it gets hot... but like they say, "it's a dry heat!" And that's really true. I can deal with 110 degrees and 20% humidity, no problem. It's those 90 degree/90% humidity summer days here that are killers. I swear, you can sit perfectly still under a shade tree and still break a sweat!

Harry, I was concerned about moving to the South (NC) back in 2005 because of the humidity but the big difference here versus Chicago is that once the heat and humidity set in,it sticks around and  you get used to it, unlike the yo-yo effect of Chicago's wacky summer weather. I had a heck of a time going from 90 degrees and a dewpoint of 72  one day and the next it would be 70 degrees and a dew point of 48 in Chicago on any given day in the summertime. I think this past summer you had more 90 degree days in Chicago than we had here in NC, and when I visited at the end of July, it was nearly between 98 and 101 degrees 6 out of the 7 days I was there!

You would enjoy that Mustang a lot more if you lived elsewhere, something to think about.

#211 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,820 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

We did have a LOT of 100 degree days last summer. Like you said, there was one stretch where it was 100 plus for about 6-7 days straight.

#212 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,471 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

Although I am in the Phoenix area now I was born in Chicago and lived there for 27 years and then moved to California and then to Arizona about 6 years ago. The summers here are very hot but with air conditioned homes and cars and at work it is tolerable. On weekends do your running early before the worst of the heat hits. As been said it's a dry heat but so is the oven. You tend to get used to it but I will admit I am very happy to see fall come along. I prefer Arizona to California and Illinois for a bunch of reasons but that's just me.

#213 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

We did have a LOT of 100 degree days last summer. Like you said, there was one stretch where it was 100 plus for about 6-7 days straight.

I think that had to be the worst summer we have had since '95 temps wise.

#214 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

I think that had to be the worst summer we have had since '95 temps wise.

Probably as I had to give up a couple of car shows and cruise nights because of the heat.

#215 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Probably as I had to give up a couple of car shows and cruise nights because of the heat.

Didn't have much of a chance to go to many this last year, I kept getting scheduled to work when the ones I usually would go to were happenings.

#216 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Didn't have much of a chance to go to many this last year, I kept getting scheduled to work when the ones I usually would go to were happenings.

Work does have a habit of screwing up a persons recreational plans.

#217 camarofreak82_427

camarofreak82_427

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Full Name:brandan pyles

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

Shoot the govs were so bad we put them in jail and now prisons are broke. Imagine that

#218 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Our ex govenors are not in Illinois prisons.

#219 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

What's with the COLD weather as I thought that spring was comin'?

#220 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Did you enjoy our latest snowfall Harry? I gues we should be glad we don't live on the East Coast as they're really getting socked with snow.