#221 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

y'all think it will be warm in mid-April? Needing to get back home to see the parents and I don't want to have to wear a heavy jacket so I was thinking after Easter. Might even be warm enough to see a Cubs game, before the are out of the pennant race! :D

#222 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

Some days in April are pretty nice and that's when I usually pull my car out of its hibernation in the garage. Of course a visit to Wrigley Field in April is usually cold. May is much better as that's when the car shows and cruise nights start also.

#223 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:32 AM

Wow, we got a lot of snow yesterday, and to think that I was in the Caribbean last week enjoying temps in the mid-80's. I'm ready to go back.

#224 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Don't hang up your snow shovel just yet Harry. I think as far as snow goes, it'll be iffy for another three or for weeks. Come on spring!

#225 madhorseman

madhorseman

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Full Name:Roy Trejo
    "I love it, I need it, I seed it, yeah turns me on, alright hold tight, I'm a highway star"

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

Hey!

near west suburbs of Chicago is where I'm at. Along with Lou Malnati's Pizza, one of my favs is Gino's East in the city!!!

And if Your ever in this area you've got to go to Palmer Place in La Grange Ill, great burgers,sandwiches,O-rings, and potato salad, and plenty of beers on tap,and in bottles, the best!!!!

Don't forget Route 66 Raceway, my son and I go for the NMCA/NMRA Superbowl of Street Legal Drag Racing,always a Great time.

#226 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hey!

near west suburbs of Chicago is where I'm at. Along with Lou Malnati's Pizza, one of my favs is Gino's East in the city!!!

And if Your ever in this area you've got to go to Palmer Place in La Grange Ill, great burgers,sandwiches,O-rings, and potato salad, and plenty of beers on tap,and in bottles, the best!!!!

Don't forget Route 66 Raceway, my son and I go for the NMCA/NMRA Superbowl of Street Legal Drag Racing,always a Great time.

I used to do Gino's East back in the late 60's, what a great place.

#227 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,682 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Don't hang up your snow shovel just yet Harry. I think as far as snow goes, it'll be iffy for another three or for weeks. Come on spring!

Spring?

It was 12 degrees two nights ago.

Hey Al Gore... where's that global warming you keep selling?

#228 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Patience Harry, it will be here soon. Lots of weather forecasters mention the temps we had at this time last year but that was just a "fluke" and nothing more. I've lived here all my life and this is normal weather. I've even seen snow on Easter.

#229 madhorseman

madhorseman

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
    "I love it, I need it, I seed it, yeah turns me on, alright hold tight, I'm a highway star"

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

We'll most likely go from the 20's right into the hot humid weather,HaHaHa. At least when it's cold You can put on more layers, but when it gets that hot You can only take off so much!! :o

#230 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

You don't know what cold is unless you've worked outside, all day long, all winter long, and for many winters.

#231 madhorseman

madhorseman

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Nick, my work has me outside in both the extreme cold and heat. I can speak from 30 plus years experience, so I'm with You there. :blink:

Edited by madhorseman, 24 March 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#232 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Can it be? The temps here are getting warmer, and I'm gonna hafta get off my butt and start doing outdoor chores? I might even hafta run out the gas out of the snow-thrower and put it away. I like IT!

#233 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

Went to a car show in Joliet yesterday at the Hooters in the Joliet Mall and the show was packed. All the parking spaces were filled and the show spilled out into the Sears lot as well. Lots of beautiful cars, Hooter girlz, rock 'n roll music, good food, and just plain fun. I did take some pics with my "film" camera that I sometimes use for reference or motivation. I also did two cruise nights last week, I'm missing one tonight, and I'll make one on Saturday in Fox Lake. I just LOVE the summer months! Yes, I'm still buildin' some also.

#234 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

Those living in northern Illinois, check out the Attack of the Plastic thread above in the Contest & Shows section. It should be a great time, and it's coming up in mid July.

#235 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

Like Mopars? Mopars in the Park Show this Sunday (June 23rd) in Fox Lake, 1/4 mile north of the Ingleside Dog 'N Suds.

#236 60s era

60s era

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Bowen

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

Hi All,

Im new to this sight but just saw this thread.. even though it  was started a long time ago I read all  through it..

I am originaly from Oak lawn  , back in the 60s ( hence my sight name    60s era )..I  remember  White castle-- Dog n suds

Bus's Drive in -- Skip,s ---  Riverview  Park    etc..etc.. Have gotten pic,s from a freind who is still there..Area has changed  so much

over the years but I guess that is life.  Also remember  WLS -- US 30 --Union Grove -- favorite place 107th street..  See how many

remember that.

Anyway this seams like a great place  and will put up a WIP before to long.. Am also on EScale so will update and reset  my wip

and put on here later..   Loohing forward to being here ...

Tom                      B) B)

#237 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

Welcome Tom as I had worked in Oak Lawn back in the mid-60's doing the construction work on the new schools at 106th & Cicero and also 106th & Central Aves. I believe. This is a good place to be.

#238 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,315 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

I lived in Oak Lawn in the 60's.  Went to Oak Lawn Community High on 95 th. I believe it was. Lived off of 87 th. and Natoma. Used to work at the Texaco gas station at the corner of 87 th. and Oak Park.  Spent many a night the Starlite drive in movie theater and than afterwards either "Pup and Pop" across on Harlem or down to 79 th. to the White Castle once it was built. Good times.

#239 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

How 'bout Dukes Drive in on Harlem and 78th (?)?

#240 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

The Meltdown Drags were held this weekend at Byron Dragway and they were AWESOME to say the least. The cars on the drag strip were '66 and earlier and the cars in the show were '72 and earlier. This was a great nostalgia event and next year I plan on going on Sat. instead of Sun. as it is the better of the two days. I went today (Sunday) and was NOT disappointed at all. I shot up two rolls of film quickly and wished that I would have brought my new digital camera with me instead. Now I'm "jacked up" and want to start on even more model kits. LOL! You could say that I'm motivated.