#1 Chris M

Chris M

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Miranda

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:58 AM

Hello everyone, I was curious what the preference was between the Badger Crescendo 175 and the 150 were? I'm hoping to make the leap to airbrushing soon, and can't find any comparisons between these two units. I believe the 150 and 100 share parts, which would be nice as the 150 is siphon fed, whilst the 100 is gravity, So in theory I could use parts between the two? Any ideas?

#2 LoneWolf15

LoneWolf15

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:08 AM

My choice between the two would be the 150 . My main choice for airbrushing model cars would be the Paache H series single action , using the # 5 head and needle assembly . Anything more is simply overkill unless you plan on doing alot of fine line airbrushing or weathering .

#3 mr cheap

mr cheap

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Full Name:james shafer

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

100 is diff than 150 i use the 150 i have both ..i like the 150 does all i need

#4 Don Wheeler

Don Wheeler

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Full Name:Don Wheeler

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:01 PM

I have reviews of both the 150 and the 175 on my site that might be of some help.
There is also a review of the Paasche H.

Don

#5 Chris M

Chris M

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Miranda

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:01 AM

Thanks for the responses guys! Sounds like the 150 will be the way to go for me. Also , Thanks for the link to your website Don. It is very informative and will be an often used resource for me.

#6 sak

sak

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Kovak

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:10 AM

I disagree with you choices. The badger 150 is the better brush but if I were you I would upgrade to something gravity fed. Much easier to clean. I have had nothing but problems with my 150. The needle bearing might give you lots of headaches. Goto the badger website first and see what they have. Thats where they put the blemished product. Right now there is a badger 100 for just over thirty dollars. If you do buy a badger make sure it has the screw in bearing. And check out the online buy-sell website in your area as well. I just found an Iwata eclipse for 85, never used.

Edited by sak, 02 October 2011 - 05:14 AM.

#7 MikeMc

MikeMc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:24 AM

I'm going a bit different...Badger 155.....shoots everything....from mud to lacquers....it is a siphon feed , but comes with a non covered cup.

I have a couple of others....Gravity feed is not needed for most modeling needs.....its for fine details.

#8 scalenut

scalenut

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Hobbs

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

the badger 155 rocks.. my go to out of 5 AB's...