Model Cars Magazine Forum

what shoukd be!

what one thing should every kit include.i think we can all learn something from this.i think every kit should have whitewalls or redwalls<decals or inserts>if they're illustrated on the box pictures, a lot of kits show whitewalls on the box pictures but don't always give you anything to do this.

marty

Edited by mytricia

I think all kits should give the builder a choice to have white wall tires...if someone wanted to build without white walls they could just be used backwards for black wall tires. Not too fond of the white wall stickers they just don't look realistic to me. Id like to see the kits give the builder the choice of building--factory stock, custom, drag like the old original 3 in 1s. Would be a good selling point for the companies too.

I think that they should allow ample cooling time after the styrene has been injected so the parts dont warp. That, or better packaging so the same doesnt happen over time. I have many an unbuildable model due to warping. My LHS got pretty peeved one time when I opened all they had of a specific kit, and they were all warped. Peeved at me, not the model company!

So if the cereal box has a picture of a bowl of cereal with milk and fruit, the bowl, milk and fruit should also be in the box?

Everyone knows that there's no milk or bowl in the cereal box. And they do have that "Serving Suggestion" disclaimer for anyone who is so lacking in brain cells that they thought the milk, bowl and spoon were in the box... :rolleyes:

And yes, they have the "unassembled plastic model kit, requires assembly, paint and cement not included, blah, blah, blah" disclaimer on the box... But if the model photographed for the cover has parts on it that are not inside the box, how is the consumer supposed to know that? Isn't putting a photo on the box of a model that can not be built as shown by using what comes in the box a form of false advertising or fraud?

Marty, uh Mark back before ya'all waz born and A M Twas a reliable company , we actually had those details , all for 1.49 too. Yep, life was good ! Ed Shaver

i don't know about the part about before i was born-lol.i remember 1.49.i'll be 56 next month lol-marty

Everyone knows that there's no milk or bowl in the cereal box. And they do have that "Serving Suggestion" disclaimer for anyone who is so lacking in brain cells that they thought the milk, bowl and spoon were in the box... :rolleyes:

And yes, they have the "unassembled plastic model kit, requires assembly, paint and cement not included, blah, blah, blah" disclaimer on the box... But if the model photographed for the cover has parts on it that are not inside the box, how is the consumer supposed to know that? Isn't putting a photo on the box of a model that can not be built as shown by using what comes in the box a form of false advertising or fraud?

e x a c t l y