#142 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,795 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'll let you figure out where I'm going with this...
Posted Image

#143 novadose71

novadose71

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Shmit

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

Posted Image

Once the basic shape is established, I will add the drip rails, window trim, and other details back onto the body shell...then try to figure out just what the interior looked like on this car. :huh:

Nice work on your GT Casey. I have been planning a build of that for a few years now. Collecting pics, parts, and whatnot. My plan was to use the Gremlin modified body(which I have 2 of....just in case ;) ) It seems very close the GT's rear shape. I haven't found any interior pics yet either, which has stalled my starting on this project. If you find any please post them.

Do you go to Milwaukee NNL??? If so please bring your build next year(finished or not), I would really like to see that one in person.

Posted Image
Note top color here. IIRC I read that the top was painted black at some point.
Posted Image

Anyway, I have several AMC builds..... most unstarted, a few in progress, and a couple finished. I'll post my in progress stuff in a couple of days in hopes I get some motivation to continue on at least one of them.

GREAT thread BTW

Edited by novadose71, 01 June 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#144 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

Here's how the Gremlin looked when I went to sleep at 6AM.
Posted Image
Yeah, I think this'll work. B)

#145 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

The post-apoc Gremmie rolls on...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#146 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,900 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

Nice work on your GT Casey. I have been planning a build of that for a few years now. Collecting pics, parts, and whatnot. My plan was to use the Gremlin modified body(which I have 2 of....just in case ;) ) It seems very close the GT's rear shape. I haven't found any interior pics yet either, which has stalled my starting on this project. If you find any please post them.

Do you go to Milwaukee NNL??? If so please bring your build next year(finished or not), I would really like to see that one in person.

I haven't been for many years..sixteen to be exact. I will try to make it in 2013, but now the pressure to finish is on! :lol:

All the reference I have was pulled of the web, and interior shots seem to be non-existent. I did notice the car uses the AMX woodgrain steering wheel and what look to be AMX bucket seats, so I will probably use most of the AMX dash, column, steering wheel, etc. and the interior tub. The chassis is going to take a ton of work, though, but at least I have the freedom to guess what the area behind the seats was like. The trunk bustle is my next hurdle, as the rear overhang is so stubby, adding any extra length means the oustide corners need to be sloped even more, and the "trunk" contour more rounded. :unsure:

Note top color here. IIRC I read that the top was painted black at some point.
Posted Image

Anyway, I have several AMC builds..... most unstarted, a few in progress, and a couple finished. I'll post my in progress stuff in a couple of days in hopes I get some motivation to continue on at least one of them.

Thanks for that pic, Rob. I think I'm sticking with the red, white and blue version, as the color scheme meshes so well with the AMC logo.

Looking forward to seeing some of your AMC projects, too. ;)

#147 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

I'm still thinking you should paint it pink to match the plugs you put in the hood. B)

#148 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,900 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

I'm still thinking you should paint it pink to match the plugs you put in the hood. B)

:lol: Sorry to disappoint. :D

How's your Matador coming along?

#149 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

Ground to a halt for the time being.

#150 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

Remember that Rambler American from way, way, way back? Well, I was surfing the web last night looking for images of a '63 Rambler Classic 660 (because I do stuff like that when I can't get to sleep), and stumbled across this...
Posted Image
I'd planned to do the Rambler as a beater, and now I've got something to go by. Hopefully this means it will make its way back onto the bench.

#151 TooOld

TooOld

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Spedding

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

Chuck , I'm seeing alot of cool stuff going on in this CBP and have been waiting to find a kit so I could join in .
I finally found one and wanted to let you know that I'm in !
I've already started another build so this one will be next on my table . There's no time limit right ?
BOB .

Edited by TooOld, 22 June 2012 - 02:12 AM.

#152 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

Working on the splash apron.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#153 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:56 AM

Anybody want to give this a go?
How about 'Argentina's Rambler', the IKA (1966-77) and Renault (78-'82) Torino? Might be a good way to fix that poorly molded SC/Rambler kit...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#154 novadose71

novadose71

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

Here's a few of the AMC projects I have going. The first is my longest running project, started around 1990. Only thing from plastic Kenosha is the body, the rest is Callaway Corvette Speedster with a twin turbo ZR-1 engine and wheels/tires from a 66 Chevelle wagon. Stalled out when I decided it should be AMC powered with twin turbo's...that's as far as I got with that idea and there she sits.

Posted Image

My 66 Rambler Cross Country wagon. In the sprit of the community build I'll enter this one cuz it just needs some final details to call it finished. ;) The boat was borrowed from another build and I plan to scratchbuild a pop-up camper for behind this one someday. Sorry bout the crappy pic.

Posted Image

70 AMX- pieced together from a ebay built-up, interior tub from a 69 AMX kit, and a Modelhaus 70 conversion kit to replace the missing hood and front bumper. I need to get the bumpers rechromed, then this one will hit the bench. The 1/43rd '69 in the background will get a scratchbuilt hoodscoop, Mags /slicks, and a R/W/B paint job to make a Hurst SS AMX.

Posted Image

also on deck is this Marlin. It's a nice mint kit and will get some degree of wiring and plumbing when I finally get around to it. Not sure I'll go with those wheels and tires, but I think they look good on there.

Posted Image

71 AMX will get built curbside with Twin Canopy vinyl top, T-stripe and Machine wheels. Luckily the chunk of missing hood was in the box when it arrived at my door.

Posted Image

Thanks for looking. Hope I didn't take too much space :P

#155 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,900 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

Are the wheels on the Marlin from the AMT '66 Galaxie re-issue (I forget the specific series name)? I think Chuck was looking for those not too long ago, and I would love to see a close up pic of one, as they look like large diameter Radir wheels?

I say finish the R/W/B AMX first. B)

I think some of these Jav concepts would make excellent build material, too: http://blog.hemmings...that-never-was/

#156 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,900 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

I'd planned to do the Rambler as a beater, and now I've got something to go by. Hopefully this means it will make its way back onto the bench.

Where're you gonna find a driver figure donning a pith helmet? :huh: :D

#157 novadose71

novadose71

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:16 AM

I'm digging those Argentina Ramblers.

Yep Casey, those are 66 Galaxie parts, newest reissue I believe. Very cool wheels and look good on everything I have tried them on. Here's the closest shot I have of them.

Posted Image

#158 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

Where're you gonna find a driver figure donning a pith helmet? :huh: :D

Same place you're going to find that pink paint you KNOW you want to paint your GT with. :P ;)

Edited by Michigan Madman, 26 June 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#159 TooOld

TooOld

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Spedding

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

Okay , I'm about half way with my current project so I moved this one onto my bench . I hope a Nash still qualifies as an AMC !
Posted Image

I'm not sure of the year , maybe '54 or '55 ? I originally was going to do a pro street but have decided to do a mid 60's type hot rod , with pieces that would have been used back then .
I don't seem to be very good at doing a work - in - progress , so I'll just post photos when I'm finished . And maybe a couple updates along the way .
BOB .

#160 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

Awesome... Metro! That does qualify as an AMC for the intent of the CBP. ^_^