Model Cars Magazine Forum

440 6-Pack for Revell Pro Modeler 69 Charger

Perhaps you missed Caseys humor, George (guess his emoticon didn't give it away huh?). Chrysler Corp autos have shared engine configurations/platforms since 1951. That included Plymouth, Dodge, Desoto, Chrysler, and Imperial. With a k-member change (un-needed from 1971-up) we swapped a 1969.5 440+6 into my 1965 Dodge Coronet500 Convertible. original engine was a Poly 318. We just swapped a friends 1973 Challenger from a 318 to a 440 without having to change the k-member too.

If we REALLY want to get crazy with the cheeze-whiz, you can turn an early Poly (1951-roughly 58) into a Hemi with a head/intake swap! :)

Perhaps you missed Caseys humor, George (guess his emoticon didn't give it away huh?).

Actually, you missed it, too, Brad. :D I was joking about the fact that Plymouth labelled the intake setup as "6BBL" while Dodge referred to it as "6 PACK" in the '69 A-12 Road Runner/Super Bee cars. Same engine, different decals and nomenclature.

In all seriousness, the current '70 Super Bee kits should do the trick as a intake and carb donor. :)

Especially since the Engine & rolling chassis are Directly from the 68 Road Runner/69 GTX.

I have both the recent Nostalgia box art 70 Super Bee, & an Original Annual.

Too bad the Police &street machine options are not in the Retro-Re-issue.

I notice a difference in the grill too.

Ok Casey, you got me too! :)

Never really gave the nonemclature a second thought as to who called it what, but you are right! And even I didn't go all the way back to when the Dodge Brothers purchased Graham Truck only to be purchased by Walter P. Chrysler a few years later. The lines under the Chrysler banner have shared drivetrain configurations since 1926.

Edited by whale392