#781 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Full Name:Stephen Sammons

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

Found a new place,start moving out then in soon :D Not as big (or as pricey ;) ),but in an awesome place,should be a good area to live. STILL wanting to get this one done before moving,but IDK...hoping to be out then in inthe xt 10 days or so,we'll see :)

#782 S. Svendsen

S. Svendsen

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Full Name:Sean Svendsen

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

You guys looked like you were having fun so I thought I would join the party. I'm slowly working on this '05 GT that's being made into a custom Shelby GT-350R with the help of a multi-piece resin kit I "fished out of the 'bay." The hood scoop was molded closed, so I opened it up with a Dremel tool. I also had to do quite a bit of grinding on the lower rocker/exhaust skirts and the front spoiler to make them fit right, but I made them work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#783 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

OH tha's gunna be SWEEEEEET!!!! :D

#784 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,078 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

What seller did you get the resin kit from? , I would like to get that, how much was it?

Oh yea, I am back, got moved, internet is back on, still working on getting the wireless part working

Good luck Steve with finding a house

#785 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

Found one on the 4th,paid yesterday and the dog goes with,cheaper bills,good comunity,next to a nice lake :D...just have to figure how to fit stuff from a junked up 2 story house into a trailer now :blink: :P :lol:

#786 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,078 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Found one on the 4th,paid yesterday and the dog goes with,cheaper bills,good comunity,next to a nice lake :D...just have to figure how to fit stuff from a junked up 2 story house into a trailer now :blink: :P :lol:

I know the feeling, we moved from a 1 acre of land, with quads, riding mover, trailers, sheds, to a 4 bdr house with a two car garage and no rv gate, in a hoa community

#787 Intmd8r

Intmd8r

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Cosby

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

What seller did you get the resin kit from? , I would like to get that, how much was it?

Oh yea, I am back, got moved, internet is back on, still working on getting the wireless part working

MUST GET THIS KIT!!!!!! Please tell us where to get it! :D

#788 S. Svendsen

S. Svendsen

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

#789 S. Svendsen

S. Svendsen

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

I got the resin pieces from eBay. They show up ocassionally but havent seen them and a while. The seller had some issues and has since been removed. I don't know who did the casting.

#790 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:24 AM

I know the feeling, we moved from a 1 acre of land, with quads, riding mover, trailers, sheds, to a 4 bdr house with a two car garage and no rv gate, in a hoa community

I feel ya! :wacko:

Well,we're here,moved over the weekend-the big part anyways,now comes the sorting of what to keep,what to donate,what to sell,what to trash to fit that 2 story ouse into this trailer,LOL! :D Plus my model bench got damaged in the move (it's ok,only a drawr tract was ripped loose,I'lldrill newholes,whenever I find my drill,LOL!) :blink: My spinal issuse flared up (expected them too,though),so I'm going to be down several days. Once we get settled I'll get this one ('10 GT Ragtop) done and get on a few more projects I've been meaning to do...living here,it ain't like cycling will any longer prevent my sitting at the bench,LOL (maybe canoeing,swimming,fishing,etc,once we score a canoe,the lake/our access boat dock in only a 5 minute walk down the hill B) ).

OK,gunna go pop another (prescribed) pain pill and stretch out a few,LOL! But anyways,we made it,as did all model stuff,and we gots internet/cable all hooked up :)

#791 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

Got out in the new workshop before it got blazing hot this morning (uninsulated/no A/C steel buildings tend to get hot this time of year,LOL! :blink: :lol: ) and piddled with tat '10 GT ragtop. Almost done with it (haven't uploaded the pis yet,but will today),despite my hand slipping when detail painting some windshield post trim (such a small spot,I think I'll just leave it so's I can FINISH something,LOL! :P ). I should get it done later tonight when it cools back down :D

#792 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

Pics...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#793 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

While I STILL forgot to spray those daggone side mirrors,LOL,but research did show several 1:1's with matte black units,so I'll spray and install em tomorrow. Other than that,and a tad bit of touch up black on the grille (I see red in a couple spots :P),I'm calling it done...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Apologies for the crappy pic quality,that dang camera I replaced my last one with (at twice it's price,mind you,and on sale at that :blink: :angry: ) doesn't like indoor,red,or indoor pics with red in it,sigh. I'll see about some outside pics soon. Nice simple kit,looks decent (methinks the tires are still a bit chunky,Revell,but getting better after 6 years of chunky Mustang tires :lol: )

#794 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,078 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

Steve, thats a nice looking drop top , it came out good

#795 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,583 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

I think it came out good also. Ya gotta love a Mustang.

#796 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

Thanks bunches,guys! :D I did get the mirrors sprayed today,it's t-storming/hailing out there now (read: steel roof on the workshop uninsulated is LOUD,LOL!),but I'll get em on tomorrow. I just needed to finish something ,LOL! :P Ray,see my avatar,I DO love a Mustang (and miss that one),especially a Cardinal Red droptop GT B) Here's the full pic...
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm itching and have already started a non-Mustang build (gasp...) that I'm pretty excited about doing (I'll be startig a WIP thread in a few),but I'm itching to finish that dang Bullitt too,LOL! :P

Edited by Olskoolrodder, 31 July 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#797 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,078 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Well, I think it may be time to close this one , I think it has run its course, I will leave it open tell the end of the month, if interest sparks up, I will leave it be

Edited by martinfan5, 13 August 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#798 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

If it were my thread,I'd just leave it be...I know that if I have...how many Revell '06-'10 Mustang kits was it?.....others do too. Eventually interest in other projects (and summertime) will wane and it'll thrive again...be a real shame to lose it :)

#799 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,078 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

Steve, you brought up a point, it still is summer time, I will leave it be for a while then

#800 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

Thanks :) Besides,how would it be open ended if you ended it? ;)