#21 Nick Notarangelo

Nick Notarangelo

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Full Name:Paul D.Notarangelo

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

lets see,I can see a few cutlass's making there way to my shelf and let see ifI can modifiy one to look like the 75 buick regal that was my first car.

#22 jeffs396

jeffs396

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

Great news! B)

It's shaping up to be a good new year for us builders! Let's support the effort with lots of kit sales, then we'll get more new releases :)

#23 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

Definitely going to want a Cutlass or two. I built one of the snap kit versions about 25 years ago...

#24 spkgibson

spkgibson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

I can't wait to see the Cutlass, I'll buy a few, I just wish they would have fixed the bumper and grill area, It looks more like a 74 in the front, Overall though a very nice edition to see back. I see endless possibilitys for the kit.

#25 Dominik

Dominik

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
  • Full Name:Dominik Weitzer

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:26 PM

Thanks for the review of those kits!
I am a great fan of the Turbinecar (see "Under Glass" Section) and hope, that they make the decals for the "Lively Set"-Turbine correct now.
The decals in the EZ-kits are more then bad. The driversname, manufacture on the fender, blue stripes and the "5" is incorrect, so i made the decals self...that was easier as to cut the inlaying decals.

This cutlass is pretty too. When can i get one? When will they be selling both kits? And: where can i get one outside the states? Is there a dealer like modelroundup?

#26 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:04 AM

While IMC is at it,how about reissuing the Gran Torino Sport and the Javelin AMX?

#27 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:06 AM

While IMC is at it,how about reissuing the Gran Torino Sport and the Javelin AMX?

Gee, Id like them too please .................... Ed Shaver

#28 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,210 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:15 AM

Roger... you just HAD to remind me of the existence of that Torino kit, didn't ya? :lol:

#29 Aaronw

Aaronw

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  • Full Name:Aaron

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:53 AM

Does the turbine car include a detailed turbine?

Its nice to see some of these old kits coming back, not terribly excited by any of them in particular but I'll get at least 1 of each.

I'd love to see an AMX, the old kits are way beyond what I'm willing to pay for one. I'd love to see some of the other AMC cars too.

#30 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:57 AM

Roger... you just HAD to remind me of the existence of that Torino kit, didn't ya? :lol:

Sorry about that Chuck...not really :lol: ....but when I pulled my Olds kit out,they were on the side of the box along with the Eldorado and I couldn't resist mentioning them. Just trying to give IMC a little hint.... I would love to have those kits also even if they are curbside kits. I'm thinking the Torino could easily be made into a full detail with the Revell '70 Torino correct or not.

#31 SteveG

SteveG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:01 AM

Steve, do you know if the Turbine Car decal sheet will have the markings to do the white "The Lively Set" car, like the previous issue did?

I would like to but there's a licensing question to resolve because of the Movie connection. That may be why they weren't an exact match in the previous issue that Okey did.

#32 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:07 AM

The Turbine kit here is the Snap kit. aka, Curbside, No engine.
It is the same as the last issue "E-Z Build"
The Full glue kit has not been available since Seville took over Jo-Han

#33 Deathgoblin

Deathgoblin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wilson

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:01 AM

I WANT the Cutlass kit! Glad to see The Jo-Han kits are getting a second chance. It was a shame they fell out of issue in the first place, most of them were outstanding.

#34 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:46 AM

The Full glue kit has not been available since Seville took over Jo-Han

That's probably a good thing- I had one of the Seville-era reissues, and every part that wasn't warped or short-shot was plauged with thick flash. And the sad part was Seville actually was said to have 'cleaned up' the tooling before that run. Basically the cleanup amounted to softening the script detail and losing the door sill engraving altogether, as far as I could see.

That reminds me- IMC? Please don't bother with reissuing the kit if the tooling is truly shot. I'd love to see the SC Rambler make a comeback, but if it's as nighmarish as the last reissue was molding quality-wise, I'll pass. B)

#35 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,768 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:56 AM

That's probably a good thing- I had one of the Seville-era reissues, and every part that wasn't warped or short-shot was plauged with thick flash. And the sad part was Seville actually was said to have 'cleaned up' the tooling before that run. Basically the cleanup amounted to softening the script detail and losing the door sill engraving altogether, as far as I could see.

That reminds me- IMC? Please don't bother with reissuing the kit if the tooling is truly shot. I'd love to see the SC Rambler make a comeback, but if it's as nighmarish as the last reissue was molding quality-wise, I'll pass. B)

From what I've heard and read, any and all reissues that can be manufactured with existing, usable ex-Johan tooling have already been done. In other words... there is no backlog of potential Johan reissues, because the tooling is either too incomplete, too badly damaged to make it financially viable to bring it back... or it's just flat out gone.

#36 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:05 AM

I've heard that as well.It was mentioned that the Rambler, Cutlass, and snap Turbine are being reissued first because the tooling is in good shape (and they even managed to provide some Olds Rallys for the Cutlass). Being that there is talk of refreshing/replacing molds if demand arises, I'm just hoping they keep molding quality in mind.

#37 Tom Kren

Tom Kren

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Kren

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

congrat steve also box art look great!!!

#38 Modelsbyroni

Modelsbyroni

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Full Name:jeromeandrews

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:43 PM

:D Cutlass looks good on the box art Steve. Makes me wanna buy a couple.

#39 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

Great news! B)

It's shaping up to be a good new year for us builders! Let's support the effort with lots of kit sales, then we'll get more new releases :)

Hopefully I won't be buying too many kits in the future as I already have WAY too many kits already. It's getting kind of old buying new or re-issued kits just to throw on the "pile."

#40 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:42 AM

Hopefully I won't be buying too many kits in the future as I already have WAY too many kits already. It's getting kind of old buying new or re-issued kits just to throw on the "pile."

Hey, if you already have the Turbine and Cutlass kits on your pile, I'll gladly take 'em off your hands. :lol:
I have neither of those in my stash, they'll be tossed on my pile as soon as they're available.