59 replies to this topic

#41 gasman

gasman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:15 AM

I like what I see, I'm digging the 57 Ford Custom, but I have no interest in the 50 Olds. really happy to see the R8 Spyder in a Revell USA box. The GMC Pickup with the plow looks like fun. I like the list but where's the 2012 Boss 302 and 2012 Camaro ZL-1?

I do have on major beef though, we have absolutely no need for another Enzo kit. there's 3 out there already. (Tamiya, Fujimi, and Revell full detail). The car is aged. and is not as popular as it was 5-6 years ago. There's plenty of other Ferrari's out there that have not been kitted, like the 599 GTO, and the new FF. I don't understand the need for a snap Enzo kit. unless Ferrari really pushed Revell for it.

#42 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:54 AM

Definetly going to get the Rat Roaster, and most likely the GMC, too.

#43 Kodiak Island Modeler

Kodiak Island Modeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Full Name:Douglas Long

View my website at www.kodiak-island-modeler.com

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

Somebody at R/M has been listening to the modelers. There goes my modeling budget, and that's just the first half of the year. That 50 Olds has has been an extremely high priority ever since the metal bank came out, and that 57 Ford in base form...I will be building dirt trackers for sure.

Edited by Kodiak Island Modeler, 20 October 2011 - 12:03 PM.

#44 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,099 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

Yahooo! It's gonna be another great year!!

#45 Bernard Kron

Bernard Kron

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts
  • Full Name:Bernard Kron

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

...I've known the Stacy David car was in the works for a while... I hope they get it right,I don't really care for the 1:1, but that kit would have serious donor potential if they do up all the stuff it would take to make it correct. ...

Likewise for me, it's really rather ugly, but were it to be done to resemble the TV car it would be a serious and much needed update. But the 5-window came up short in several respects so I'm not holding my breath. It's interesting, none the less, that in the case of the Rat Roaster they have stuck their necks seriously into the wind by featuring a large photo, allying themselves with the show itself via the contest, etc. Frankly, if they just got the motor and wheels right I'd be very pleased and, as you point out, would be bought in quatity as a donor car. (Still, I can dream about a proper I-beam front axle, stock firewall, deleted air bags and single bar grill brace, etc., etc. can't I?)

Also worth noting, as I have before, how Revell's new releases are numerically dominated by cars and trucks .

Edited by Bernard Kron, 20 October 2011 - 12:49 PM.

#46 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts
  • Full Name:Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Brett M. Barrow, Esq.

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

Likewise for me, it's really rather ugly, but were it to be done to resemble the TV car it would be a serious and much needed update. But the 5-window came up short in several respects so I'm not holding my breath. It's interesting, none the less, that in the case of the Rat Roaster they have stuck their necks seriously into the wind by featuring a large photo, allying themselves with the show itself via the contest, etc. Frankly, if they just got the motor and wheels right I'd be very pleased and, as you point out, would be bought in quatity as a donor car. (Still, I can dream about a proper I-beam front axle, stock firewall, deleted air bags and single bar grill brace, etc., etc. can't I?)

Also worth noting, as I have before, how Revell's new releases are numerically dominated by cars and trucks .

Word is this will be a new tool. They know what the Deuce kits need. I know they know what the Deuce kits need...

#47 Bernard Kron

Bernard Kron

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:31 PM

Word is this will be a new tool. They know what the Deuce kits need. I know they know what the Deuce kits need...

Now that's exciting! And I'd love to know how you know that they know...! lol

#48 geckoman1220

geckoman1220

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Full Name:Jordan

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:35 PM

eh, the only thing that looks interesting is the audi R8 and a the lambo is pretty cool

#49 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:57 PM

Now that's exciting! And I'd love to know how you know that they know...! lol

I work for one of the major hobby distributors (my participation on the board is purely as a modeler, I'm not here to represent the company). Lets just say that I know people who know people... And those people are probably having dinner and a few drinks in Chicago right now...

Edited by Brett Barrow, 20 October 2011 - 01:58 PM.

#50 Bernard Kron

Bernard Kron

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

...And those people are probably having dinner and a few drinks in Chicago right now...

And dinner and a few drinks in Chicago is not necessarily a bad thing...

#51 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,321 posts
  • Full Name:Christian Pamp

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

And dinner and a few drinks in Chicago is not necessarily a bad thing...

Indeed. Word is out that there is not exactly a shortage of either in the windy city.

#52 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:37 PM

The show's moving to Cleveland next year <_< , of course that'll be the one I get to go to...

#53 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,284 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

I do have on major beef though, we have absolutely no need for another Enzo kit. there's 3 out there already. (Tamiya, Fujimi, and Revell full detail). The car is aged. and is not as popular as it was 5-6 years ago. There's plenty of other Ferrari's out there that have not been kitted, like the 599 GTO, and the new FF. I don't understand the need for a snap Enzo kit. unless Ferrari really pushed Revell for it.

From the other Revell new releases thread:

"As a level setter to the overall market, Revell did say their biggest selling kits are Snaptite and wear the bow tie emblem."

Snap kits sell, and kids and adults recognize a Ferrari when they see it. They don't care if it's and Enzo, F50, or a GTO, but if it's red and looks racy, young boys will probably recognize it as being a Ferrari, associate it with speed and going fast, and want it.

#54 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,200 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:54 PM

I was already stoked about the Rat Roaster, and the fact it's a new tool only whets my appetite more. My only reservation is that I hope Revell engineers it to be backwards-compatible with its other '32 kits. Failure to do so would be a VERY foolish move on the company's part, IMO.

I'd love to see that too, but if it isn't exactly backwards-compatible with Revell's other Deuce kits, I think I'm brave enough to try making a kitbash work. B)

#55 Darren B

Darren B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Full Name:Darren B.

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

Cough, cough, 1:16 Peterbilt, cough, cough...

Ditto and its about time im stocked on this one of all......................

#56 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:29 PM

The show's moving to Cleveland next year <_< , of course that'll be the one I get to go to...

Cool, that means it's within driving distance! All of about 12 hours.

Charlie Larkin

#57 Bernard Kron

Bernard Kron

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:04 AM

The summary sheet on page 1 has been updated to reflect confirmations and changes reported so far. Here's an additional copy for those of you who don't want to page back:

Posted Image

#58 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts
  • Full Name:Name Full

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:28 AM

Definitely going to be getting me some of those GMC truck kits! B)

#59 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,321 posts
  • Full Name:Christian Pamp

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:49 AM

Since the Revell folks seem to be reading this forum, I just say it...

We will need the EMPI Imp next so we can put it next to the Meyers Manx Round2 is releasing!

#60 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,284 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:11 AM

thanks rob hall. now it looks like ill have to buy at least two of them to make a longbed

Somebody already makes one, so save yourself a lot of work. It was discussed in the Resin section this past winter, IIRC.

Also, I think the AMT (ex-MPC) GMC is the only kit in 1/25 with the Fleetside bed, and it has those funky bed-side storage door lines engraved into it. The Revell (ex Monogram) 1/24 GM C-10 kits are well done, but typical of early '80s Monogram, with an interior bucket and bench seat molded as one, with very undetailed door panels. However, the pickup's bed was very nicely done, unlike the MPC GMC's. I think the Chevy and GMC grilles and tailgates can be straight swapped on the ex-Monogram 1/24 kits, too.