#441 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

Never a kit of the  Beach Boys, but either Franklin or Danbury Mint did one. 

#442 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,999 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

I believe Danbury did the Chili Catallo '32 coupe (the blue one that appeared on the Little Deuce Coupe album jacket).  No model kit has been produced.

However, Monogram put out a kit they called "The Little Deuce Coupe" in the Rockin' Rods series, with a little licensing nod to the Beach Boys.

But, the album car?  No.

1932FordBeachBoysLilDeuceCoupeModel.jpg

Edited by Danno, 13 February 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#443 dodgefever

dodgefever

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Buick,

Olds,

and  Cadillac... or could that possibly be a Studebaker?

NOW we're talkin'. :D

That reminds me... was there ever a kit of the Little Deuce Coupe in the second pic? Because there really should have been.

Cadillac in the 5W, Studebaker in the roadster (4 bolts in the valve covers).  The Buick is in a Model A, if we're being picky...

#444 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Somewhat back on topic, something I've been wondering about the width discrepancy from the earlier Deuce kits and the Rat Roaster, what did Revell base the dimensions on for the earlier kits? There was a mention about fiberglas bodies used on 1:1 '32s, and a speculation that the Rat Roaster may have been one. Since we know that it is a Brookville body, which are supposed to be dimensionally identical to the originals, could it be that the earlier '32 kits were measured from a fiberglas or steel repop body that was not dimensionally accurate to a genuine '32?

Off topic, Studebaker 4 bolt rocker covers will fit on the '87-'99 Chevy Smallblock heads. :D  :P

#445 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

While watching the show on Youtube , I noticed that he changed the car as he went, as all Street Rods are built. 

Just wondering when Revell started this kit ? Example, the steering was changed to a rack and pinion ,but it was after paint .

#446 Scott - Elm City Hobbies

Scott - Elm City Hobbies

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Full Name:Scott Millican

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

I picked up one of the kits, and was pleasantly surprised, as I was expecting that you could only build just the Rat Roaster from the kit, and that the only variance would be color, and wheels (with aftermarket wheels).

Nice to know that the kit can be made a few different and subtle ways just using your imagination and the parts in the box.

#447 gman

gman

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Full Name:Greg Peters

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Good news: after stopping into pretty much every local hobby shop since the kit started to ship weekly, finally got my Rat Roaster kit- got a call to pick it up this morning.

Bad news: the hobby shop who called told me when I picked it up that it isn't licensed to be sold in Canada...the kit wasn't available to be sold through their normal Revell Canadian distributor, so after learning why they couldn't get it they had an alternate (US) distributor ship two kits to the store (so I bought two, more good news). Thank you local hobby shop! 

I don't know if Ford or Gearz is responsible for the licensing issue or who exactly needs to be cursed out by Canadian modellers wanting this kit- sounds like online retailers and cross border shoppers are going to be the winner rather than our local hobby shops for those willing to make the sale in spite of licensing  :(.

Edited by gman, 16 February 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#448 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts
  • Full Name:Brett Jermaine Jackie Tito Marlon Michael Barrow

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

Well, I'm assuming you're normally able to get Ford models up there, so the only other licensor is Rattletrap Productions, which is Stacey David himself.  

#449 gman

gman

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

Well, I'm assuming you're normally able to get Ford models up there, so the only other licensor is Rattletrap Productions, which is Stacey David himself.  

He must not trust crazy Canucks in the frozen north to build his artistic vision in 1:25  :huh: .

#450 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Full Name:Mark fulmore

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Should add its pretty much a shake and bake kit fit wise which is good and offers nearly infinite possibilities for kit bashing. Just in my couple days of frigging around with it, the flat heads from dome of revell other kits fit without issue as well as the Ross Gibson rat trap engine.

#451 Toner283

Toner283

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Tone

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

One of the well stocked hobby shops in Hamilton Ontario had a case. they disappeared within 2 days of them being put on the shelf. Does not seem to me to be an issue getting them in Canada.

#452 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

More than likely a case of the Canadian distributor not seeing the appeal of a kit of a car from a TV show that might not even air on Canadian TV.  Does it air up there?

Who is the Canadian distributor, anyway?  

Edited by Brett Barrow, 19 February 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#453 gman

gman

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

More than likely a case of the Canadian distributor not seeing the appeal of a kit of a car from a TV show that might not even air on Canadian TV.  Does it air up there?

Who is the Canadian distributor, anyway?  

Don't know which distributor my LHS uses. The show does air up here.

#454 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

Don't know which distributor my LHS uses. The show does air up here.

Just wondering.  I work for a US distributor.  I don't think Revell has a single sole-source Candadian distributor/importer, I think they have several smaller ones.  It wouldn't surprise me if there were licensing issues, it does cost money for both parties, the liscensee and licensor, so working out a deal for the US and a separate deal for Canada might have been more than they were willing to take on.  But there's nothing to stop it from being sold at retail in Canada, but there might be something to stop it from being sold wholesale in Canada.  Wouldn't surprise me either way, if it were true, or it was just that particular dist covering thier *** as to why they didn't buy the kit.  Nothing in this business surprises me anymore...

#455 Scott - Elm City Hobbies

Scott - Elm City Hobbies

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Full Name:Scott Millican

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

Good news: after stopping into pretty much every local hobby shop since the kit started to ship weekly, finally got my Rat Roaster kit- got a call to pick it up this morning.

Bad news: the hobby shop who called told me when I picked it up that it isn't licensed to be sold in Canada...the kit wasn't available to be sold through their normal Revell Canadian distributor, so after learning why they couldn't get it they had an alternate (US) distributor ship two kits to the store (so I bought two, more good news). Thank you local hobby shop! 

I don't know if Ford or Gearz is responsible for the licensing issue or who exactly needs to be cursed out by Canadian modellers wanting this kit- sounds like online retailers and cross border shoppers are going to be the winner rather than our local hobby shops for those willing to make the sale in spite of licensing  :(.

Don't know about that, but I have them here, and have gotten them from both my US and Canadian suppliers, so not sure what the issue is, my guess is some LHS owner not knowing what he is talking about and drinking the koolaid that his supplier is feeding him.

There are 3 suppliers in Canada that import Revell, I deal with one in Ottawa.....and no issues getting the kit. Lots on the shelf here at the shop!