#61 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,031 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

I'm gonna hold off hoping Revell will pan some of Stacey's other projects for kit subjects until it is seen how well this kit does in the marketplace. That being said... I fully expect Revell to sell a ton of these kits, and yes, put me down for a Power Wagon kit. Even if it's stock-only, I've got enough junk in the spares box and a few aftermarket resources to build it as Sgt. Rock. B)

I know I'm up for quite a few Rat Roasters- I can use pretty much everything from the kit besides the Chevy engine for all kinds of projects.

#62 horsepower

horsepower

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

I know it's not out quite out yet but was I the only one to see what must be a test shot or something on Gearz this week? It isn't that far from the original '32 Highboy kit, different interior tub, moon tank out front, big ol' Rat motor w/sprint style headers,windshield frame is different,& of course the fenders, & the "up in the clouds" stance. Can't wait 'til Revell gets the real McCoy to us.

#63 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,542 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Martz

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

I thought it had a mouse motor and isn't it called the Rat Roaster? Yeah I'm looking forward to it what ever it is.

Edited by rmvw guy, 12 June 2012 - 04:35 PM.

#64 larrygre

larrygre

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Full Name:Larry A. Greenberg

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

Looks like a perfect candidate for the new Alclad candy colors!

#65 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

I thought it had a mouse motor and isn't it called the Rat Roaster? Yeah I'm looking forward to it what ever it is.

It is a Mouse Motor.

#66 Pete L.

Pete L.

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Full Name:Pete Linszky
    JSMCC

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

Fellas,

The car looks like a AA/SR to me...raise the front suspension, change the tires, add a hood and redo the headers.

#67 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,031 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

Fellas,

The car looks like a AA/SR to me...raise the front suspension, change the tires, add a hood and redo the headers.

I'm glad somebody else came out and said that, because that is one idea I'm kicking around for it. :D

#68 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Sumner Sr.

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

If you guys think there are a lot of 32 Ford kits you ought to get a load of just how many Messerschmitt Bf109 kits there are! Astronomical!

#69 dig

dig

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Full Name:David Bayon

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

I have little interest in a RR model, but I can see a ton of potential in the seats, wheels and tires, Moon style fuel tank, and motorcycle fenders alone.

I only hope there is a figure of Mr. David included, accurate right down to the Middle Ages helmet hair. :D

Kudos to Revell for producing a specific hot rod, and not another generic rod and/or custom. I think this kit will be a great seller for Revell, and hopefully helps them continue to build upon the success of their annual(?) model contest, too.

well stated. totally agree

#70 horsepower

horsepower

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

It is a Mouse Motor.

My mistake, like I said all I saw was about a 15-20 second view at the end of the show ( it has this much as a tag when my DVR records Raceday) & with the generic valve covers it jus' looked like a Rat.

#71 tooltas

tooltas

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Full Name:todd staples

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

1/1scale is a killer rod so i hope that the model is just that great it . with the rat roadster you would think it would have a bigblock rat motor

#72 CEKPETHO BCE

CEKPETHO BCE

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Full Name:Andrey

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

That's too bad. I'm really curious if it's just a reissue of the highboy roadster street rod with a new engine and box art, or if this is actually a newly tooled kit with unique parts we haven't seen before.

#73 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,255 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:18 AM

From looking at the 1:1 car, I'd almost tend to think it was built intending to kit it, using Revell's existing body and chassis tooling and adding a new interior / seat sprue, plus one or two others of various details to finish it out.

#74 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,016 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:46 AM

That's too bad. I'm really curious if it's just a reissue of the highboy roadster street rod with a new engine and box art, or if this is actually a newly tooled kit with unique parts we haven't seen before.

On other forums it was said this was an 'all-new' kit.

I tend to believe it's an all new kit, too, as the trim on the body, the lightening holes around the seats, and the license plate recess would mean irreversibly modifying Revell's existing '32 Ford roadster body shell.

#75 CEKPETHO BCE

CEKPETHO BCE

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

In the new Revell catalogue, the 40 Ford and the Model A pickup and tudor all have "new" written on them, but only "new" thing about them is the decals. This is why I'm not sure what Revell means when they throw the word "new" around. Let's hope for the best.

#76 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,133 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

In the new Revell catalogue, the 40 Ford and the Model A pickup and tudor all have "new" written on them, but only "new" thing about them is the decals. This is why I'm not sure what Revell means when they throw the word "new" around. Let's hope for the best.

Well, those are 'new' in the sense they are new releases, not in the catalog for a while. As opposed to something called 'All-New'... :) In their advertising, they probably avoid using 'reissue' and 're-release' as the general public couldn't understand such terms.

#77 Exotics_Builder

Exotics_Builder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Full Name:Gerry Paquette

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

From my IHobby Report out:

"Stacey David’s Rat Roaster - 1/25 – New tool based on Revell’s very nice 32 Ford. Too many mods needed to do a modified reissue. In my opinion, this may spread into early 3Q2012 given there are no test shots as yet"
Posted Image

Edited by Exotics_Builder, 14 August 2012 - 06:51 AM.

#78 CEKPETHO BCE

CEKPETHO BCE

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

Can't wait to throw a Boss 429 in it. Can't stand chevy engine into a Ford

#79 58 Impala

58 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

I want to buy a few kits, one to build and a couple for parts (especially the Halibrand wheels).

#80 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,390 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

Can't wait to throw a Boss 429 in it. Can't stand chevy engine into a Ford

X2 on that thought !