#61 lou s

lou s

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Full Name:louie scroggins

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

that sucks i have flash piont corvette but i was looking for one without a rear wing.i was thinking about removing the wing off the flash point but it dont look like it can be done without a total rebuild.

#62 GoatGuy

GoatGuy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Ryberg

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

Wayne, could the bleed through on the graphics have been avoided if the camo and logo were all on one decal? If it could have, I can put images together in Photoshop for you.

#63 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
  • Full Name:Romell Robinson

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

Very Nice wayne , that paint job came together really good cant wait to see the chassis and motor under it. Keep up the outstanding work.

#64 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,837 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

Wayne.... this is sure coming along great. Glad to see you back on this project. Nice work on the chassis so far. keep up the killer work!

#65 Dragracer

Dragracer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Blyth

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

Just found this build-up today & checked out the full build, the paint looks awesome Wayne, really like the camo decals,it's really too bad that Chris had to shut down TEM, I had just found him before his first move to help take care of his mother & had ordered a few parts (nitrous bottles, nitrous fuel cells, the 3&4 speed transmissions & the blowers), I had to wait awhile before he was able to send the parts, but the wait was worth it, the parts are great looking & so highly detailed for such small stuff,and just before he closed down for good I had ordered the Firebird body & a hood scoop, oh well. Can't wait to see the chassis when it's done, Keep up the good/great work!

#66 1320wayne

1320wayne

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Stevens, JR.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

Wayne, could the bleed through on the graphics have been avoided if the camo and logo were all on one decal? If it could have, I can put images together in Photoshop for you.

Dave, these decals that I am creating for my own use are real simple inkjet decals with no graphics programs on my computer. I am not in the market to spend big dollars for any fancy software (which would allow me more versatility for designing) and I am having plenty of fun doing this as simplified as it is. Thanks for the offer but I'm good with what I have access to and figuring out any issues as I go.

#67 pharr7226

pharr7226

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Full Name:Rick

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

I haven't decided yet which clear I'm going to use. I usually use Dupli-color clear lacquer but lately I have been experimenting with either two part urethane sprayed through an airbrush or a new clear glaze that I stumbled upon at Michael's that works well over these homemade decals.

I'm curious about the glaze that you found at Michael's. I tried an acrylic clear over lacquer that had dried for several weeks. I got a great result after rubbing it out. About a year has passed, and I recently noticed that the clear is cracking. I'm in the market for a non-urethane clear that I can spray over anything that will not take a month to dry.

#68 1320wayne

1320wayne

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

A little more done here. A few more framerails added as well as mocking up the excellent photoetch seat from Dirtmodelor. I had to trim just a bit off the top of the seat back to get it to fit right.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#69 tyrone

tyrone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts
  • Full Name:Tyrone Price

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

So did I Wayne, but those are some awesome seats arent they???.. I like all the little pieces I've gotten from Dirt Modeler, I sprayed some metalizer aluminum on mine today, the frame work is looking awesome...

#70 1320wayne

1320wayne

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

Here is a bit more on the chassis. Added rails for the front suspension and the firewall. Now I have to make some adjustments to thr front framerails to enable the RG engine to set down in between.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#71 Dyno Davo

Dyno Davo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Full Name:David Loye

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

Cool build Wayne, very original on the color scheme, another great 1/16 model comes to life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#72 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
  • Full Name:Romell Robinson

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

I love it wayne i know this one will be a work of art just like the rest. Thanks for sharing with us.

#73 stump

stump

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Location:Aussie....Northern N.S.W. Not far from Dragalogalong..
  • Full Name:Greg "stump" Armour

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

Looking eexxxcellent Wayne, loving the colour/decal art combo. B) I'd go as far as saying it's one of the koolest I've seen....real or model. :)

#74 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,837 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

Wayne... Nice work on the chassis so far. It's looking great!! look forward to seeing more of it.

#75 Dragracer

Dragracer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Blyth

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

The chassis is looking good Wayne, what RG engine are you planning on putting in?

#76 pharr7226

pharr7226

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Full Name:Rick

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

The firewall is outstanding.

#77 Mister Twister

Mister Twister

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Full Name:Darryl Raper

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

Glad to see you back on this one Wayne...Looks good!

#78 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

Looking good Wayne, Is that firewall out of a prostock kit? Fits good.

#79 1320wayne

1320wayne

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

Cool build Wayne, very original on the color scheme, another great 1/16 model comes to life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Dave. The build is 1/25th scale however, not 1/16th scale. As impressive as a lot of these 16th scale builds are on here I have never had any interest in building at that size.

#80 1320wayne

1320wayne

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

Looking good Wayne, Is that firewall out of a prostock kit? Fits good.

I believe that it is one from one of the Olds. pro stock kits. It needed a few alterations to fit properly and a little more work left before it's 100%.