#21 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:49 AM

also we need a new 485 hp paccar motor for the new red oval.....

x2.....................!

#22 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:35 AM

I just hope and pray that it will have one piece sides, top and bottom and that the measurments are accurate. I can live with anything else!
It would be super cool to have the option of two hole budds (never been done correctly in a kit yet!) and the option to buy it in all chrome, like the Revell Beall tanker kit or in regular colored styrene. Spread axles on air ride would be outstanding too!!!!!!! DROOOOOOL, SLOBBER, SLOBBER, SLOBBER..............sorry.
THANKS MOEBIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23 jekylljr

jekylljr

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Full Name:steve lyons

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:43 AM

very very nice and highly impressive! cant to get my hands on one or even a few ... anychance ud maker in 1/24 scale?

#24 jekylljr

jekylljr

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Full Name:steve lyons

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:48 AM

mobius noone can beat that kinda quality n workmanship

#25 GeeBee

GeeBee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  • Full Name:Geoff Brown

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:08 AM

So there goes my promise of not buying anymore truck models !! well done, it's nice to see some modern U.S trucks being made in 1/25th ....

#26 skulls

skulls

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Full Name:James.Sparrow

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:23 AM

Bravo! Moebius, its nice to have a company out there that actually listens to what there customers want.

#27 modeltruckmafia

modeltruckmafia

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:39 AM

Not to steal this thread but to add to the good news Model car Garage will be doing a photo etched set for the Lonestar. I personally delivered to him the kit and Model Car Garage and I will be working together to get some more truck photoetch out on the market next year. These are good times.

#28 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:51 AM

When can we expect to see the P/E set?

#29 lapazleo

lapazleo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Full Name:Leo Bishop

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:07 AM

Way to go Dave I'll take a few of each.

#30 truckman1981

truckman1981

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Full Name:Chris

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:01 PM

Wow This is great Moebius is gonna make model truckin great for us all!!!!!

Thanks Dave and Moebius!!!!!!

Edited by truckman1981, 25 October 2011 - 03:02 PM.

#31 Truck parts

Truck parts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Full Name:gordon d.dickerson

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

That is great news Dave, THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 butchey

butchey

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Full Name:floyd l wensel

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:37 PM

yea its GREAT !But love to see a J model Tank And 500 Cat in a red ovel!

Edited by butchey, 25 October 2011 - 03:38 PM.

#33 RyanSilva

RyanSilva

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Full Name:Ryan

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

I can't wait for these either! I second what Ben said, 2 hole budds on the trailer and air ride!

The prostar I hope isnt a sleeper cab, if it must be then the back cab panel could be seperate so a day cab panel can be easily inserted.

Future release? Would love to see a mack granate, and I no im not alone with that :)

#34 scale trucker

scale trucker

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Full Name:gordon berry

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:58 AM

dave..i hope you see all of these comments..because we really need a lot of new truck stuff...for engines we need ..c-15 cat,isx cummins,,dd-15,and a new paccar......for trucks..all of the trucks you can do...trailers all ...please add chrome opptions for tanks,reefers,dumps,,and so on.....wheels get crazy do all.... .thank you Dave,.and moebius models for the time...

#35 BigBad

BigBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Poudrette

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:09 AM

YEEEEEEHAAAAAW! Hey Moebius, I knew you'd get trough! GREAT! Both models!!!!! Three cheers for these guys! Thanks for letting us know Dave! :D

Edited by Z06Bob, 26 October 2011 - 06:16 AM.

#36 MIKE C..

MIKE C..

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Full Name:michael lee cole

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:39 AM

thanks dave for the news. a new prostar with a 53 ft reefer, now thats a rig...... :rolleyes:

#37 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

The possibilities! :)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! *wringing hands together and chortling in best 'mad scientist' impersonation*

My wallet just walked into the room, threw its little hands up in the air and said, "That's it! I quit! You use me and use me until theres nothing left but a big empty space inside me... I'm outta here!!!"

Dave, the last time I was this excited about a new kit was when you announced the Lonestar... Between Moebius' new kits and Round2's numerous heavy commercial reissues, it is a wonderful time to be a truck modeler!

I'll start saving now... I'll need a Pro-Star and at LEAST half a dozen of the reefer kits... It's a good thing Dad and I are adding a shop addition onto the garage this spring... Chunky Boy, here, (me) is gonna need the room! If I were physically able to do so, I'd dance a jig right here and now!

#38 BigBad

BigBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Poudrette

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

A Prostar! Yes, yes yes YES! The Lonestar is pretty nice and bold but the Prostar is great, love the smooth styling. With a 53 foot reefer, My heart flutters... Now the waiting, sooooo excited...

Let's see now, we probably will get the Prostar around May next year like we got the Lonestar this year, unless some of the engineering is going to come off the Lonestar, so it might take a bit less. Then we wait for that trailer!

Now something has to be said of Navistar. At the very least they are aware that this is a form of advertising. Having them cooperate with Moebius to engineer models of their trucks is really nice.

Just as they did with Ertl in the '70s. This is kinda neat they do it again with Moebius. Anyhow this is great news!

#39 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

Kind of looking to the future here, but since Moebius has a licensing agreement with Navistar I wonder if the PayStar, WorkStar, or 9900-series would be in the cards.

Yes, a new Kenworth or Peterbilt would be nice (I'm a Kenworth fan, myself), but just thinking licensing here. If they already have one with Navistar, wouldn't it be easier to make more Internationals then negotiate a new contract with PACCAR, Volvo, or Freightliner?

#40 RyanSilva

RyanSilva

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Full Name:Ryan

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

Kind of looking to the future here, but since Moebius has a licensing agreement with Navistar I wonder if the PayStar, WorkStar, or 9900-series would be in the cards.

Yes, a new Kenworth or Peterbilt would be nice (I'm a Kenworth fan, myself), but just thinking licensing here. If they already have one with Navistar, wouldn't it be easier to make more Internationals then negotiate a new contract with PACCAR, Volvo, or Freightliner?

Very true! I'd love to see a workstar as a replacement of the mack granite I always wanted.

I have a feeling that the prostar is gonna be a large sleeper version like the lonestar, considering they got the sleeper already tooled up, which would be a bummer for me..but overall a good thing for the truck community in general
as we get a new rig. But im not sure I will buy one, the trailer heck yes!..prostar..maybe, maybe not.