Alright, today I got up a little late because of Black Friday shopping (spent wayyyyy too much money on myself), but I ran up to the Hobbytown to get some half-round styrene rods to make the chrome accents on the door panels and got home to start working on it again. I got the glove box decals glued on. In the following pictures, they don't look that good, but from farther away and inside the car, they look great! All I did was print them out on regular white paper and put shipping tape on the front and back of the decals, so they glued up nice. I figured out that her gauge cluster in the 1:1 car is a sweeping gauge and not a multi-gauge unit, so I went back to my old GN kit and stole the gauge pod from the dash and looks very close to the El Camino's sweeping cluster. I also got the AMT '70.5 Camaro rally wheels in the mail today (thanks sstacey47!) and mocked them up in the chosen tires and they fit pretty decent. They're a tad bit small, but I'll glue them in good. So today hopefully I'll get the other door piece cut out and finish mocking up the doors and dash in the interior bucket and start painting/flocking it. I also have to get the engine/trans mounted in the V6 frame. The model will be permanently placed in a display case I bought, so I'm not going to worry about anything on the underside of the car (exhaust, engine/trans fitment, etc). Today's current progress pics:
Decals on dash
GN gauge cluster vs. El Camino cluster
Edited by brodie_83, 25 November 2011 - 11:37 AM.