Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets do a 1964 1/2-1973 Mustang CBP to go with the others!

Olskoolrodder

I can tell you that pegasus 225/45/18 tires are just a tad to big, the wheel fits, but its lose, and over all the tire is almost to big to fit in the wheel wells, I will get a pic posted.

I had the body painted, but I needed to sand some debris out, then ran out of paint, so I am stripping and going to paint it a different color now, I was going to paint it blue.

Here is what I have got done so far

e2.jpg

e1.jpg

On the left is a eleanor wheel in a pegasus tire, on the right the wheel is in a tire from revells mini cooper kit

e3.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

I normally dont like stripes, but this is one of those rare times that I do, I agree it does make it pop. Here are a few more pics, its not a very clean build so far, but thats ok as this was a bad casting so I just kind had fun with it. I have decided that the front needed to be lowered a little bit, so I am working on that. I also cut out the grill on the donar kit body and put on this one, what to make a look a little bit different from eleanor

p2-9.jpg

p1-9.jpg

I got it off of evil bay, got a four pack, I also got chevy 283, caddy 354, pontiac 421. There are not being made anymore I believe, I have no use for the other three, but it was cheaper to get the four pack then just getting the ford on the bay. Paid $9.99 free shipping, I believe the seller has some more.

I posted all four of them in the what did you get today thread

Edited by martinfan5

That 427 engine kit is sweet, my Eleanor fastback has the Baldwin motion drag cobra 427 in it, haha dueling Eleanor's once more. Awesome choice.

I thought about using a ross gibson engine, but I couldn't see spending what I could buy a kit for, now if I was doing eleanor as a contest build then maybe. I am trying to strip the chrome right now. Still need the paint for it.

That baldwin drag is a nice engine