Lets do a 1964 1/2-1973 Mustang CBP to go with the others!

• You cannot reply to this topic
213 replies to this topic

#141 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,380 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

Well I got one gt 350 kit, so I can start working on one of the eleanor's now, YAY

#142 Devilsnake98

Devilsnake98

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Full Name:Ryan cristofaro

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

Can't wait to see it under way Jonathan, I too just got the gt350 for a donor for my coupe on evilbay tonight. Got all my body work done on the coupe conversion, and is in filler primer. Now introducing the 1967 Mustang Eleanor coupe haha. With no block sanding yet, the conversion is almost undetectable.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Devilsnake98, 26 January 2012 - 10:05 PM.

#143 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,380 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:23 PM

I think you and me were bidding on the same one then, did you pay $12.50 + 6.99 s/h. I like what you are doing with this one , it really looks good, I cant wait to see it finished.

The only problem I am going to have is I dont have an airbrush, so doing the eleanor colors is going to be a problem

#144 Devilsnake98

Devilsnake98

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:32 AM

Haha, nope I paid 19.95 and free shipping, that would have been pretty funny though. And yeah, I may have to take youre advice and go to harbor freight and try out a cheap airbrush on some bodies that are no good, then attempt a good paint job with the correct color to put on the eleanor coupe.

#145 Dirkpitt289

Dirkpitt289

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Full Name:Dirk Pitt

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:07 AM

Impressive work on the coup Ryan. Very impressive :wub:

#146 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,380 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

Do the colors needed for eleanor come in a spray can?

#147 Greg Wann

Greg Wann

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Full Name:Greg Wann

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

AWESOME WORK, Ryan. Looks really good.

#148 Devilsnake98

Devilsnake98

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

Jonathan- the closest color I've found in a spray can is model masters Plymouth bright platinum metallic, although it is way to bright compared to the actual pepper gray of the Eleanor. I have only looked at the lhs, not online yet.
And thanks for the comments Greg, couldnt do it without you're awesome mustang body.

#149 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,380 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

Well looks like I have talked the almost wifey into letting me get a airbrush, just dont know when I will get it.

#150 Devilsnake98

Devilsnake98

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:55 AM

The almost wifey? Haha that's funny, anyway of you get it, do share how well it works. The only other thought I had, was to contact the local auto paint supply shop, and see if they would put custom colors in an aerosol can. I know my work does this for they're company color, so I'm gonna see Monday morning, I'll share how it goes.

#151 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts
  • Full Name:Bradley Emery

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:11 AM

Dupli-Color has the Mineral Grey Metallic and Pepper Grey in their line-up now. I have the Mineral Grey here, as I was going to originally shoot a real Mustang that color (so I picked up the spray Can for model purposes.

#152 GTMust

GTMust

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Full Name:Tony Durham

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:38 AM

Glad to see you back Brad.

I've started a couple of 1966 Mustang builds, but had to put them on hold until the weather warms up and I can paint them outside.

Meanwhile I've been working on a couple of diaramas which I've posted in the dio section of the forum........ But those 'tangs are crying out for me to get back to them!

Tony

#153 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,380 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:34 AM

Whale, that is good news, thanks for the info, do you know if they are carried by auto parts stores?, do you have the product number ?

#154 Devilsnake98

Devilsnake98

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:38 PM

Thanks for the info on the paint whale, I'll go check that out at the auto parts store today.

#155 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,380 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

I was at the parts store yesterday picking up primer, and I was looking at the duplicolor paints, and i did see a lot of colors that close to it, it may be a specail order paint thru the parts store . But this was before I knew that duplicolor made the paint, so I am going to go back and see.

#156 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

I will get you the Dupli-Color paint codes and names in the morning. I have to stop at Autozone when I get out of work to pick up the heater core for my truck, and will get them then.

Tony, work and various other engagements have kept me from here as of late, and I see it being just as tumultuous the next couple of months. Work is getting interesting as our aircraft are getting older.

#157 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Full Name:Stephen Sammons

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

MAN I've been missing some AWESOME work since I been off here!!! :mellow: :D :D :D

#158 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,380 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

Bradley, thanks bud, the only reason why I am asking is we dont have the smartest of people working in the parts store that close to me, so if I can just give the paint codes, I am sure that will make it easier for them.

Steve, you have missed a lot of great builds, dont you hear that nosie, its the fourm and your builds calling your name :lol:

#159 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:06 AM

My apologies, as Dupli-Color does not have 'Pepper Gray Metallic' in their line-up. However, they do have paint code CX (Dupli-Color spray #BMF0360) Dark Shadow Gray Metallic (from which 'Pepper Gray' is derived). They also have a slightly lighter shade TK (BMF0352) Mineral Gray Metallic.

My suggestion (as Dark Shadow Gray Metallic and 'Pepper Gray Metallic' are VERY close) would be to shoot the DSGM as a base coat, and tint your first layer of clear with just enough Black to give it a hint of Black. That will get you the closest of any store-bought shelf-ready colors. If you want it exact, I would go to a paint supply house (that deals in auto paint) with the factory paint code (Dupont Fleet 44490) and have them mix you up about a half pint.

Edited by whale392, 30 January 2012 - 05:21 AM.

#160 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,380 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

Now only if that pint came in a spray can would it work for me :lol: , I may just have to put this one aside tell I get a airbrush