#101 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,049 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

Remember the old IMC VW Beetle?  It was later issued by Union, a Japanese company, and the tool hasn't resurfaced.  I have several of that Union release and noticed that you can build the stock Beetle and still have the entire drag chassis to use elsewhere! I'm hoping to do that someday... great project idea number 698 on the list!

#102 greymack

greymack

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Full Name:George Mack

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

Hi guys well something I picked up on recently was  kits with skill level 3 -5 means more parts.I thought I'd add that too.Well lets hear more of them donor kits guys.

#103 mk11

mk11

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Full Name:mike mackie

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

I can't remember the last kit I bought to just build as is. Ran into a couple of good deals on the kenz/leslie cougar f/c so now I've got relatively accurate logghe chassis for a dyno don comet I've been wanting to build. As the t-bolts are plentiful and cheap lately especially in the street burner series they're gonna be foundations for the 64 and 65 Comet drag cars I''m working on. Now with Moebius's pending 69/71 Ford trucks, I've finally got potential use for all the stuff I've been stockpiling in the way of drivetrain/body/4WD chassis from other truck kits...

mike  

#104 Karl LaFong

Karl LaFong

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Full Name:Keith Jones

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Revell "Miss Deal" is great because it contains pieces from the old Revell parts packs - engine, wheels & tires, & front suspension.

AMT Double Dragster - tons o' parts for vintage draggers

Pre-1991 Monogram/Revell NASCAR Thunderbird - with some minor tweaks the chassis & running gear can be used to vastly improve 70's AMT & MPC NASCAR kits (e.g. '75 Matador).

#105 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

i would have to say the tamiya lotus super seven. probably bought 5 or 6 of those kits and used the motors, wheels, suspension, interior bits pretty much all of them in various builds. very nicely detailed components like foot pedals with master cylinders in place, kool rear link suspension, good stuff.

and then the fujimi enthusiast kits of the 356 Porsches in various forms. mostly picked up a half dozen of the testors rebox of them with broken bodies, and they are a wellspring of highly detailed upgrades for VWs as well as nice to swap into even later porsches for the added details.

when i was a kid i remember the double dragster kit being a real favorite and i would use that fiat body along with the coupe from the Sizzler a lot including the hemi from the sizzler because it looked so massive. and i used those clear cycle front wheels a bunch too cause i thought they looked pretty kool.

#106 disabled modeler

disabled modeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,359 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

ANY....long as its 1/25th or 1/24th scale :)