Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Boy's First Mid-Atlantic NNL Win!....Pics....

Bluzboy66

Alex (age 10) won the People's Choice Junior trophy with his '65 Mustang Stocker. He told me that he was so excited when his name was called that he almost lost it!.......

AlexNNLModelContestTrophy006.jpg

AlexNNLModelContestTrophy002.jpg

Needless to say, I'm one proud papa. :lol:

BTW, the contest was INCREDIBLE......over 550 entries, and not a glue bomb in sight. There was some REAL TALENT in attendance, and the competition was fierce. Hopefully, some of these guys will post some pics.

Mike

Wow thats cool Mike...and nice work Alex , hope its the start of many more...

Alex says thanks!

And yes, he's already got a few more kits in the works. I'll have to help him post pics of them in the "On the Workbench" section.

Mike

My highest congrats Alex to you and your proud dad for supporting you in this hobby. Looking to the so well build model, there's no doubt about you deserve the award. Keep on the good job! You have the look of a master modeler in progress.

Best Regards to both of you

Simon Rivera

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

I really enjoy when youngsters are rewarded by their work & effort. For Us who are fathers there's nothing better in the world than a smile on your kids face.

Among all the things that the kids have these days, like videogames, Ipods, etc., it is great to see them get involved in model building. Your Kid has great skills, I mean like father like son... 8)

Again, congratulations to both and keep on building!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink:

Congrats to Alex. It was well deserved. I got a real kick out of seeing the "deer in the headlights" look on his face when I called him up to get his trophy. Yoooooose guys need to get to our meetings. They are like mini NNL's but without trophies.

http://www.mamasboyz.org/

Ha! Alex said he was so surprised when you called his name! His knees were knockin' something fierce. He carried a photo of his trophy and his winning model to school Monday. He said that a few of his friends really got excited over the whole thing, so Alex suggested they get together to have a 'model building day'. How cool is that??!! Guess I'll be teaching a crash course in spray painting........heck, maybe I'll just let Alex teach it.

Alex and I will do everything possible to make the next MAMA meeting. It's been a while since I was able to attend.

Mike

Hey Alex, congratulations little man, looks to me that you will be competing against your own dad soon in the adult category so Mike, watch out :shock: It's really good to see youngsters involved in the hobby.................