Edited by Z06Bob, 28 November 2011 - 07:07 AM.
Mack Superliner (W.I.P) (Working with Alot of Brass)
Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:01 AM
Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:07 AM
Wow! You're making a meal out of this Mack! I like everything about it already. Thanks for showing the door hinges, that is going to help me on future builds. This project is going to get more and more interesting... It's ovious you have a plan for this, have you decided on colors for the cab and frame yet? Just curious! Outstanding work up to now... I have seen the start of this build before, you enlarged the sleeper cab to fit the 1:24 scale driver's cab, I think this will have real aluminum wheels from KFS also, am I mistaking?
Your welcome for me showing the door hinges. But the door hinges are alittle hard to build to be honest. The ones you see here are like my 5th set I think I made for this very project. The reason being is the cab is not really straight up an down like most cabs are. This cab is at a slant meaning the top of the door where the top hinge is fasten at is level but the bottom door area goes out wards. There for the bottom door hinge isn't fasten to the wire rod at all it just slides on it to help the door give the clearance it needs to open an clear the cab as well at the front of the door area. If the bottom was glued like top was the door wouldn't open to well at all if maybe at all. Yes your correct, the project is going to get more and more interesting from here out. My brother came up with the paint scheme he wants this model to have, that will also be interesting for me to do too I might add LOL. The frame he wanted gloss black. He is how ever letting me call some of the shots also on the project too. You are also correct about the sleeper, yes I did enlarge the sleeper to fit the 1/24 scale drivers cab (sleeper was pose to be or been a 1/24 scale one from the get go when my brother bought the sleeper). Yes this model will feature the real aluminum wheels from KFS as well. But I might have to track down new bolts an nuts for in the rims though (the ones that came with the rims rusted while in the baggy). So I been looking at Scare Hardware for that stuff to replace the bolts an nuts maybe.
Edited by zerodude, 28 November 2011 - 10:03 AM.
Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:17 PM
Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:16 PM
Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:23 AM
Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:33 PM
Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:56 PM
The interior roof panel
The visors middle support base
The interior doom light lense, an test fitting for fitment
Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:59 PM
The making of the new sun visors
Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:01 PM
Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:02 PM
Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:17 PM
Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:04 AM
Anyways here is some more progress photos..
Looking down at the driver side door. You can see I'm also working on the door jam area as well.
Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:12 AM
The rear seat doom lights
Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:15 AM
Another mock up
Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:18 AM
Lighting the interior up now with the driver side doom light as test run
Edited by zerodude, 27 December 2011 - 09:20 AM.
Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:23 AM
Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:18 AM
Then I hit the piece with a coat of Flat Black by ColorPlace
Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:21 AM
I then broke out the fabric that had been gotten for this project an the fun begin..
A templet was made also