#101 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Full Name:Jim

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

I thought a hobby was to relieve stress? This much detail cannot be good for your nerves! Looks SUPER!

I thought a hobby was to relieve stress? This much detail cannot be good for your nerves! Looks SUPER!

I thought it was to relieve stress too, but this hobby I found out is really fun to work in and be created and push your skills to see what you can really do with plastic and resin and metal parts. Be looking for more updates this weekend maybe. Also thanks for the kind comment too.

#102 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

I started working on the engine, got some detail work to do on that.. will post afew photos in afew days here.

#103 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

I started working on the engine detail. My friend wanted me to add the word 'Mack" to each valve cover.

Posted Image

Here I bmf the covers
Posted Image

But I didn't like how the words turn out so I went back and redid them alot better this time..
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#104 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

Here you can see I started to paint the covers with a transparent blue..
Posted Image
Posted Image

The thing is my camera can not for some strange reason capture the nice chrome blue color that these covers gives off though..

#105 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

Okay, I got some work done on this thing yesterday. My wife is still trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing or building right now.. She some what has an idea but not shure yet on it though. Anyways I took and decided to rebuild the base of the sleeper. So what you see in the photos is the new resin base parts that I done to make the new sleeper base. My friend had me design him a meril like that will be place in the back of the sleeper.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#106 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

Okay, here is a mock up, to see how things looks.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#107 Chad

Chad

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Full Name:Chad

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:09 AM

that is awesome! where did you get the lights for it?

Chad

#108 lapazleo

lapazleo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Full Name:Leo Bishop

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

Amazing!

#109 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

Hi you all, well I been working on the back of the sleeper, my wife is still trying to figure out what I am doing (LOL). I been searching online for certain kind of stuff. Now I have to watch what I post as my friend Mark doesn't want to leave the cat out of the bag just yet as to what this mirlue contains. But let me just say this, it's a very touchy subject for him. So for now on, he asked me to keep the stuff on the back of the sleeper taped off until the project is finished then he wants me to unvail what it is to everyone. Now on with some photos.. There is going to be more lights going on.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here is with the clear piece on as well
Posted Image

#110 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

Yes another piece was also made for the back of the sleeper as well.
Posted Image

All three pieces
Posted Image

The fun kinda starts here.
Posted Image
Posted Image

That's it for now, hope you enjoy.

#111 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

Okay, getting back to work on this one here and there, I decided to go and rebuild the radiator on it and also the air cooler.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#112 jekylljr

jekylljr

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Full Name:steve lyons

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:17 AM

niiiceee!!!

#113 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

Okay, had a server storm yesterday here. So I had no net access until afew hours ago. But I got work done last night on the rad. I'm still assembling it.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#114 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#115 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#116 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

niiiceee!!!

Thank you!

#117 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

Okay, got some more work done on the radiator. I did look at photo ect stuff but didn't like what I seen though. I wanted a more realistic look. So I decided to do my own stuff. LOL

This all was all hand curved at each bend.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The glue on the radiator frame is only there for the time being to hold the frame together while I can attach the other end of the frame together with solder.

Edited by zerodude, 30 July 2012 - 08:19 AM.

#118 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

Posted Image

Now, you all know how long a excto knife is.. well the aluminum piece I'm cutting from is at least 15inches long, when it's all bent and shaped, that little little coil piece you see in the photo is how long it is after all the bends was done to it LOL
Posted Image

Posted Image

#119 Tony Bryan

Tony Bryan

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Full Name:Tony

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

It would have been easier to form the top tank over a buck, by using sheet stock, less solder needed and a cleaner finish, with brass you don't need a lot of solder to join it as long as the joints are tight
and clean, it would also be easier for you if you made a jig so that you could stack the fins in place to solder,(I would have used shim brass) then use the core as a separate part into the radiator frame
Working with brass takes a bit of forward thinking to achieve the same results as you would get with plastic, especially with the way heat flows and how it effects the other solder joints

Here is a tip for soldering, cut your self a very small piece of solder, then lay it on the joint your are soldering, apply the heat and watch it flow, into the joint,

#120 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

It would have been easier to form the top tank over a buck, by using sheet stock, less solder needed and a cleaner finish, with brass you don't need a lot of solder to join it as long as the joints are tight
and clean, it would also be easier for you if you made a jig so that you could stack the fins in place to solder,(I would have used shim brass) then use the core as a separate part into the radiator frame
Working with brass takes a bit of forward thinking to achieve the same results as you would get with plastic, especially with the way heat flows and how it effects the other solder joints

Here is a tip for soldering, cut your self a very small piece of solder, then lay it on the joint your are soldering, apply the heat and watch it flow, into the joint,

Yea, this was my first time building with copper and brass. I'm use to mostly plastic stuff. I also like your tip on the solder as well, and i keep that in mind for now on as well too. You can say soldering is a new step for me in the model building world. At times I like to mix plastic with metal. I also was thinking about the heat transfer issue as well for on small parts too.