#1 stulee11

stulee11

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Full Name:stuart lee

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:12 AM

hi all i went to my local flea market yesterday and picked this up for £1 was a little worse for wear but all parts are there i didnt get a pic ov it wen i got cuz i got a hell ov a load ov ideas running through my mellon so i just got me knife out and went to town but heres a pic ov it sort ov together

Posted Image

well anyway after getting it i looked at it for about 5/6 mins lol and thought "right ppl on here are doing normal doors , lambo doors and even suicide doors but i aint seen and raptor doors" so that was it i tried them and after that i pulled out a old max power car moding mag and saw a hood that opened on the diaginal split in half so i thought i gotta try that and well i will let the pics do the talking cuz my fingers are hurting lol hope you all like and as always any comments welcome
thanks stu
Posted Image

Edited by stulee11, 09 February 2012 - 04:09 AM.

#2 stulee11

stulee11

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:14 AM

some more

Posted ImagePosted Image
this is ov the hinges i use cuz it was the only way i could think ov it working

Posted Image

obviously its still very early in progress but any comments welcome thanks again stu

#3 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,421 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:02 AM

This one is going to be interesting. Keep it going, chap.

#4 tjones87

tjones87

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Jones

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:14 AM

looks like its going to be killer...going to be watching this one for sure

#5 stulee11

stulee11

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:43 AM

it might take a while to do as i am only learning but as they say all good things come to those who wait lol

if anyone can see anything i am or have done wrong please dont wait let me know as soon as so i can keep learning from master builders like you all

thanks stu

#6 Guest_Sickfish_*

Guest_Sickfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:09 AM

Stu, you know what a full stop... Is?? A sentence, when completed use's one, like this. How about some correct grammar? Spelling? Instead of these abbreviations you're using? I don't know how old you are mate or what level of education you've had but if you know how to use a computer then you know what a spell-checker is, right? You obviously have some really good modeling skills & to me, ( and it's just my opinion ok?), it's a bit of a let down to take short-cuts with using, or at least attempting, the English language, when you've made great effort in your model building....
Anyway it's a great find & good luck with it :-)
Cheers, Cliffo.

#7 weasel

weasel

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Full Name:Dick Wessel, hence weasel...

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:06 AM

hmmm... cross the pond 'tuner'... is that pretty big over there??

#8 stulee11

stulee11

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:19 AM

Stu, you know what a full stop... Is?? A sentence, when completed use's one, like this. How about some correct grammar? Spelling? Instead of these abbreviations you're using? I don't know how old you are mate or what level of education you've had but if you know how to use a computer then you know what a spell-checker is, right? You obviously have some really good modeling skills & to me, ( and it's just my opinion ok?), it's a bit of a let down to take short-cuts with using, or at least attempting, the English language, when you've made great effort in your model building....
Anyway it's a great find & good luck with it :-)
Cheers, Cliffo.

hey mate i am really sorry for the bad grammar . i didn't get much of an education i left school in the first 2 months of what you guys in the states call high school . and prior to that i wasn't at school much as i was always out in ice skating compitions . so i really didn't learn much but i get along with out having to write hardly at all . sorry again i will try to write better for ya .
but thanks for the compliment on me having some good modeling skills this will only be 6th model i have made and my first trying to open the doors and stuff . so i hope i am doing things right lol

Edited by stulee11, 02 December 2011 - 08:33 AM.

#9 stulee11

stulee11

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:21 AM

hmmm... cross the pond 'tuner'... is that pretty big over there??

they are quite big over here but it was a modding mag that really got me going on this one . plus i like the older cars to me i think they have more caricature

#10 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

This is just my way of doing things, but I would have totally stripped that body of paint before I attempted to cut the doors open. This saves a lot of trouble and grief when you repaint later, also there's going to be a LOT of body work (putty, filling scratches, etc...) to be done while doing this.

Just a suggestion as you've mentioned you're new..........ambitious start BTW........good luck! ;)

#11 stulee11

stulee11

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:27 AM

This is just my way of doing things, but I would have totally stripped that body of paint before I attempted to cut the doors open. This saves a lot of trouble and grief when you repaint later, also there's going to be a LOT of body work (putty, filling scratches, etc...) to be done while doing this.

Just a suggestion as you've mentioned you're new..........ambitious start BTW........good luck! ;)

i no it will need alot of body work but i do like a challenge lol . i realised that i should of stripped it first after i started it lol .

#12 stulee11

stulee11

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:00 AM

hi all just a small update i have got most the body work done... and put it in guide coat primer... so i just got to rub that down and start the primer and painting... hope you all like and as always all comments welcome.

final fillering

Posted ImagePosted Image

and in guide coat

Posted Image

#13 stulee11

stulee11

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:01 AM

few more

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

hope you all like the progress

thanks for looking in

stu

#14 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,421 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:50 AM

You've put a lot of work into the body and it's already showing. Take your vitamins and keep it going.

#15 hotrod59f100

hotrod59f100

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Full Name:Shane F Decker

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

Nice so far

#16 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,575 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Martz

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

I like it and am amazed by it. Glad you are enjoying the hobby, that's what it's all about.

#17 stulee11

stulee11

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:56 AM

hi all not really much of a update but ...i saw a car today with the air filter relocated to pop out of the front wing. so i thought to myself i gotta do that so i did.

air filter relocated

Posted Image

i started to do the floor in the boot i dont think its to bad really for my first go... if i did anything wrong please let me know.

boot

Posted Image

as you can see i didnt have any styreen so it was a old phone topup card lol

i also started to make a new exhaust as the back section was missing... so i used some old spure from the left over trees... bent it and drilled it i think its ok will look better once painted.

Posted Image

#18 stulee11

stulee11

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

exhaust part 2

Posted Image

and finally i made some progress on the interor... i removed the seat guides from the side and left the front ones so i know the seats will be level.

Posted Image

and these are the seats i will be using

Posted Image

hope you all like the progress and as always any comments is more then welcome

thanks for looking in

stu

#19 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,627 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

Great job with it... But actually what car is that? Somekind of Japanese, maybe Nissan? Great job with those body modifications, it'll be very interesting build, even if European or Japanese cars usually aren't so interesting.

#20 stulee11

stulee11

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:23 PM

Great job with it... But actually what car is that? Somekind of Japanese, maybe Nissan? Great job with those body modifications, it'll be very interesting build, even if European or Japanese cars usually aren't so interesting.

thanks mate. I know i do like skylines and supras but there was just something that caught my eye when i saw this... And the thoughts that came in my head where going mad so i had to have lol .
Yeah its a Nissan silvia s13 or s14.