Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hummer H-1 toter for the Glaxie 38ft trailer

Revell Snap-Tite H-1 curbside , pretty far along on the 5th wheel area, just need to box the rear in where the cab stops. Gonna try Testors Sublime green and Dupli-color dark Royal blue 2 tone and shoot the trailer the same way. Did you ever notice the simple builds take the longest ,,LOL...

IMGP0015-vi.jpg

IMGP0017-vi.jpg

Any ideas on this build would really be helpful...

• 2 weeks later...

Came back off the road today and did a little work finish the H-1 interior, I found the color of Kens Kustom Fuzzi-Fur I needed in Oklahoma ,maybe I can get some seat belts done this weekend also , no completed builds in 3 months , I have a few I'm anxious to start on.

IMGP0075-vi.jpg

built backs for the front seats , rear seat backs cant be seen with the body on

IMGP0077-vi.jpg

IMGP0078-vi.jpg

This ones almost done , just need to clear coat , add all the detail painting and some PE parts , make a rear bumper [maybe a pipe type].Had to mock up the trailer to get the right ride height . Been a productive weekend so far , good ole Tamiya tape comes thru again .

IMGP0088-vi.jpg

IMGP0091-vi.jpg

IMGP0092-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Longest quick build snap kit I ever did , hardest thing to polish also , to many hard edges . Added PE wipers and all detail paint , just need to find mirrors, been cracking into kits all morning nothing looks right , might have to snatch 'em out of the H2 kit..

IMGP0016-vi.jpg

IMGP0021-vi.jpg

Very nice indeed. . .

Great work. I made mine a little different. . .

Take a look. . . 8)

P1040627-vi.jpg

Thats pretty cool , I like the look and colors are smooth, mine started out kind of on those lines with a tilt bed top , spinners and such but other demon ideas hit me....