Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trumpeter ALF build up..COMPLETED PIC'S 3/18/06

thank you tim, i'll see what i can find and try to shoot you a few....got a few more items done last night, i pin striped the cab and done a little foiling, also finished up the front bumper... here's a few pics, but i have more up in my fotki album if you want to look....thanks for looking,dave.

HPIM3359-vi.jpg

HPIM3352-vi.jpg

thanks for the nice comment aaron... have a few updates here today, the cab is done, inside and out..the final touch was to add the wipers, i painted those sunday night, and glued them on this morning.. pumper body had it's final coat of paint yesterday, so i'm waiting a few days till i start to polish it, but i have began painting the tread plate.. here's a pic, and i'll post more once i have alittle more done...thanks for looking,dave

HPIM3410-vi.jpg

HPIM3416-vi.jpg

Looking as exceptional as one would expect from Dave! I'm still intrigued by your method of starting at the front and finishing the cab all up before starting on the rear half! I mean it works for ya, that's for sure...

This makes it hard not to get into fire fighting apparatus, fire trucks are so cool, but I have more'n my share of incomplete wreckers begging to get worked on, including an unstarted R-G Pete Rotator.

Is Aaron, I wonder, going to paint his FS Green? That would look sharp too. Dan

thanks dan, you know i began building that way, i guess because i could not seem to get 'everything' on the same page...like painting, so i just said, why not do 'this' part or section, first, then move on to another section.. anyway, got alittle more done the past few days, pumper body has been polished, and came out pretty decent, can you see the camera in the reflection?? layed the hose in the hose bed too, just a few more items left to finish up, i hope to get it all done this weekend...thanks for looking,dave.

HPIM3437-vi.jpg

HPIM3434-vi.jpg

Is Aaron, I wonder, going to paint his FS Green? That would look sharp too. Dan

I hadn't thought of that, gives me some ideas maybe a 4x4. :D

Actually I'll probably do mine in red, I'm running low on green anyway

Dave, that is looking really nice. I know you added the rotoray and Trenton decals but is the rest basically OOB?

thanks for the nice comments guy's.. aaron, here are the items i added to this truck,

roto-ray light

two spot lights on cab front

shoe string hose's

pin stripe's

radio console on engine cover inside...... other than that she is all box stock......i have just completed her up, here are a few pics, more in my fotki album.. thanks for looking and following along on this build,dave.

HPIM3453-vi.jpg

HPIM3456-vi.jpg

HPIM3462-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

1st off I am new to this site. 2nd that truck is very sharp looking. I ordered my kit last week. I have been building models since I was 13, mostly for friends or family but I recently started building outside of that circle. I am working on my own little ficticious department and have the kits laid out as I want themand started on the bodies I have to scratchbuild soon as I get pics I will post them. Quick question, can anyone help me with a few ideas, I grew up on a ALF Century Serires pumper with the flared cab...... I'd like to see if anyone had done any mods to the box kit from ERTL to make it look right.