#41 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:16 PM

What about the power windows Mike? Are you going to remove the pods and install cranks or just leave them be?

#42 Kit Basher

Kit Basher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Full Name:Hugh

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

This is a fantastic build. It's great the way all the different pieces are coming together. Your detailing looks good, and I like the way you make or alter stuff to get what you need. Keep it coming!

#43 Maindrian Pace

Maindrian Pace

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Schnur

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:13 AM

Dang!! that is looking Great.
Engine and Brakebooster is really something..
Love the Lug nuts. really got to find me a bunch of those.

One thing tho.. the Front wheels..
The center is a Plastic cap and the real lugnuts are under it.
Don't ask my why they did that tho..

Ha! I was wondering if someone would catch that. Absolutely right, they are black plastic caps on the real wheels. My thought here is that these Budd wheels were made in a number of backspaces which were used depending on the brake and hub combo used on the 1:1s. Some I've seen looked like this, with the lugs out further. I probably should have added a little filler around the cap to blend them together better, always something to add to the next dually build, and there will be a next dually build.

What about the power windows Mike? Are you going to remove the pods and install cranks or just leave them be?

Roger, now that's a great idea that I never thought of, but it's too late now. Shoot, I even have an old photoetch interior set with several window crank styles. The door panels are very sparse and plain on the AMT kit, so they have the right work truck feel to them. I guess we can say that the company ordered it with power windows and locks, which was fairly common.

Finished interior, paint is again Plastikote primer, lightly buffed with a paper towel, basic paint detailing, kit supplied era-correct hard wired cell phone, and the shift and turn signal stocks added from the Monogram kit.

Posted Image

I'm not sure what this thing from the parts box was, but now it's an A/C accumulator.

Posted Image

The chassis is mostly finished. Paint is Duplicolor semi gloss chassis black with a coat of Testors flat, suspension and rear end are the semigloss without flat, engine is Ford grey, transmission, exhaust, and other details are Plastikote cast finish aluminum, the best rattle can silver ever.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The spare wheel is a Monogram front, stripped, lug nut holes drilled, and painted like the others. Tire is a '70s era Monogram from the parts box, center was much too big for the wheel, so I cut a chunk out of it and glued it together. The tire bracket hides the seam.

Posted Image

Next: paint.

-MJS

#44 '08SEAL

'08SEAL

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Full Name:Lane Allen

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:50 PM

Nice

#45 Mr. Moparman

Mr. Moparman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Full Name:Brandon Henderson

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

It's coming along nicely!

#46 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:42 AM

If the top side looks half as nice as the bottom side, you should have a contest winner! Nice details and way to really make it POP!

Can't wait to see it done, makes me want to dig out mine and get it done!

#47 Maindrian Pace

Maindrian Pace

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Schnur

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

Cab and bed painted, paint is Duplicolor white in their import line, a close match for the slightly off-white Ford fleet white. Applied over Plastikote primer. Very nice paint, no reaction at all with bare plastic scraps that I tried it on, two coats did full coverage, and it has scale appearing orange peel. The only finishing necessary was rubbing it out with Treatment model wax, and that was it. Decals were made on my printer, first ones I have ever made. Not quite as nice as screen printed decals, but quick and easy to do. I chose Ingersoll-Rand because I'm a big fan of their pneumatic power tools.

Posted Image

I added a small plastic rectangle for the antenna base.

Posted Image

Most final assembly is done now, so the next update may be in the Under Glass forum.

-MJS

#48 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,360 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

Very nice, Mike! I'm looking forward to seeing this one up close.

B)