#41 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,814 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

The A-Team kits had those ribs, I'm kinda hoping those don't go away in this issue.

#42 torinobradley

torinobradley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Full Name:Andrew Bradley

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

They appear to just for show, it would be interesting to see somebody make headers that would connect to a set of 4 into 1 style sidepipes on these vans though........can't imagine which one I'd have less desite to fabricate and install, that setup in 1/24-1/25 or on the real thing!

Most 4 into 1 sidepipes only had one actual input pipe out of the four shown. In scale, just run the downpipe from the stock exhause over to the second or third input pipe on the sidepipes and your done with a typical installation.

#43 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

Also, The Dodge van issued for the TV show Rescue 911, is a Straight Parts re-issue
of the Cannonball Run kit. Just different molded color & decals
I have an unbuilt Cannonball kit molded in Orange.
I know many say the grill has always been wrong, but to me the biggest error is the kit
has Twin Hinged side doors while the Cannonball Ambulance had a Single sliding side door.
That is a Big visual mistake easy to see, but is not that hard to fix.
But, all the MPC Dodge van kits had the hinged side doors.

I also have a built Original annual 72 done in the Police version

#44 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,414 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

I just got word that both the Gremlin and the Van kits are at the ModelRoundUp warehouse! Should be ready to ship pronto!

#45 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

Hey Cranky, yer in Florida , wheres the next Van happnin , or er ole Polock Joe , pinstriper ? I bet he'd know ................ Ed Shaver

#46 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,414 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:30 AM

My interest in this puppy all along has been those big smooth sides and the huge top--a lot of paint and graphics can go on those! ;)

#47 gray07

gray07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • Full Name:Shelly and Darrin Holts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

A guy on the van site in my siganature bought alot of these vans, he opened one up and he shows pictures of all the contents, The van is a long wheelbase chevy van even thought it shows a shorty on the picture. Go to the website look up van collectibles its under there.

#48 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

That's good to know Darrin. With Revell's short wheel base and the more common Long wheel base from A M T , we'll have all the Chevrolet vans from 1974-77 covered . Granted , the Revell van will take a few modifications to make it back to a stocker , the wheel houses can be made to look factory again . Ed Shaver

#49 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

I saw at my LHS today the Gremlin,Vantasy, Barnabas, and Tim Flock Hudsons on the shelves TODAY as well as the Manx and Street Chargers which I picked up.

#50 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

Desisions , desisions ................. now I have to decide how I'll go here . Ed Shaver

#51 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Anyone have pics of the content (other than body)? Curious how it compares to the A-Team issue or the older '70s issues as far as the wheel choices, etc.... still waiting on mine to ship...

#52 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,414 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

Yes, what Rob said. I haven't ordered my copies yet. Please.

#53 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,814 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

Anyone have pics of the content (other than body)? Curious how it compares to the A-Team issue or the older '70s issues as far as the wheel choices, etc.... still waiting on mine to ship...

With any luck it will come with the steelies and dog dishes, 5 spoke wheels like the box art and the A-Team turbines! With the exception of leaving out Mr. T and cleaning up the body tool, they could just do a straight parts or parts reissue of the A-Team van with that this kit's decal sheet and I would be happy. It would be nice to see this kit come back with all of the optional parts they offered over the years in one big box and an expanded decal sheet :D

#54 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

With any luck it will come with the steelies and dog dishes, 5 spoke wheels like the box art and the A-Team turbines! With the exception of leaving out Mr. T and cleaning up the body tool, they could just do a straight parts or parts reissue of the A-Team van with that this kit's decal sheet and I would be happy. It would be nice to see this kit come back with all of the optional parts they offered over the years in one big box and an expanded decal sheet :D

On one of the boards someone said AMT had backdated the body the '71-72 style, undid the A-Team changes (rear license plate location, sunroof, side badges)..

#55 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:13 AM

This is a picture of the just-released kit, correct?

Are my eyes correct seeing no roof rib detail on the AMT body? :huh: This kit has a smooth roof now? Or did it always? :blink:

Hmmm.... I seem to remember the '70s 'Kandy Van' version I built as a kid having a smooth roof. The A-Team version had a smooth roof w/ a sunroof opening, IIRC...

#56 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,901 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:15 AM

Hmmm.... I seem to remember the '70s 'Kandy Van' version I built as a kid having a smooth roof. The A-Team version had a smooth roof w/ a sunroof opening, IIRC...

I've never build any variants of this kit, so I was just curious.

Fortunately, the GM full-size vans had raised roof ribs IIRC, so they are easy enough to add with some styrene strip if desired.

#57 gray07

gray07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • Full Name:Shelly and Darrin Holts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

its the same as the candy van, i have that model

#58 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,901 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

Huh. They must've removde the roof ribs, ar perhaps there is a different body insert for the mold.

#59 c1run1

c1run1

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Prestia

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

This is a picture of the just-released kit, correct?

Are my eyes correct seeing no roof rib detail on the AMT body? :huh: This kit has a smooth roof now? Or did it always? :blink:

It's smooth as a babies ass ( the roof ) , Thats my thread i posted on vannin I'm not at all happy with the kit , yeah if your in to decals and art work thats over the top how ever the box art shows a shorty and you get a long wheel base van . The tires are thin like a stock van . I bought four kits and brought three back the only reason i kept the one was because i opened it .

#60 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,414 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

If it had ribs, it would not be hard to put them in with half round styrene strips.

I love the fact that is smooth. Oh, I can't wait to get mine . . . Thanks for the eye candy.