#21 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Sumner Sr.

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

Well don't worry about it there young man...you are doing very well right now. You are really "into" building models right now so there will always be the next one you can try the technique on. One other thing...may I ask if you are building this car to American NHRA rules or rules from Finland? Because I don't know about Finnish drag rules, but American NHRA rules for stock classes requires that the rear seat has to stay in the car.

#22 caine440

caine440

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Full Name:Roger

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

This is one great looking project!
Very nice work!

#23 6bblbird

6bblbird

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Full Name:Walter Frey

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

Well don't worry about it there young man...you are doing very well right now. You are really "into" building models right now so there will always be the next one you can try the technique on. One other thing...may I ask if you are building this car to American NHRA rules or rules from Finland? Because I don't know about Finnish drag rules, but American NHRA rules for stock classes requires that the rear seat has to stay in the car.

Ummm don't try to confuse the kid! I do believe that he knows the rules quite well. You absolutely are allowed to remove the rear seat in a Stock Eliminator car if you install a roll bar. It is also allowable to trim the leading and trailing edge of the wheel openings a maximum two inches for tire clearance.
WF (SFI tech inspector and 1:1 Stock Eliminator racer)

#24 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,670 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:52 AM

Thanks!

One other thing...may I ask if you are building this car to American NHRA rules or rules from Finland? Because I don't know about Finnish drag rules, but American NHRA rules for stock classes requires that the rear seat has to stay in the car.

I've been building this to match Finnish rules, but actually they are same ones than NHRA rules are. And as Walter said, rear seat can be removed if you have roll bar in the car. Otherwise, full interior is required. It has been a while since I've been looking for the rule book, but I think, I remember something. :lol:

#25 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

Yup...you're right...can remove the back seat if you install a roll bar. Forgot about that. Oh well they say the memory is the first thing to go. And something else too...they say the memory is the first thing to go...

#26 6bblbird

6bblbird

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:30 AM

Terry is a geezer like me. He was around when Stockers didn't have roll bars, and no helmets were required, and you could wear shorts and flip flops while racing!
WF

#27 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Full Name:Bart Huyett

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:30 AM

Yup...you're right...can remove the back seat if you install a roll bar. Forgot about that. Oh well they say the memory is the first thing to go. And something else too...they say the memory is the first thing to go...

Yep... I try to take Ginkobiloba to help with memory... But I keep forgetting to take the darn pills on a regular basis.

#28 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:03 AM

Terry is a geezer like me. He was around when Stockers didn't have roll bars, and no helmets were required, and you could wear shorts and flip flops while racing!
WF

Sadly...that is true.... :lol:

#29 SuperStockAndy

SuperStockAndy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts
  • Full Name:Andy "Android" Conn

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

WF

Don't forget Dick Landy with his cigar!

Niko; the Nova is looking sweet :D

Edited by Andy C., 31 December 2011 - 02:28 PM.

#30 90lowboy

90lowboy

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Full Name:Leo Augusta

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

Very nice...

#31 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,422 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:29 AM

I am liking every aspect of it. Keep it going.

#32 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

Don't forget Dick Landy with his cigar!

I actually met Dick Landy, replete with that big 'ol unlit cigar in his mouth in 71 or thereabouts in York, Pa, when the Summernationals were held there. What amazed me as a young lad of 20 years old was how every 4th word out of his mouth was an F-bomb! Same thing when I met Shirley Muldowney when I worked at Conn. Dragway. Man that woman could swear with the best of 'em! Just amazed me because back then swearing like that just wasn't part of my normal vocabulary!

#33 6bblbird

6bblbird

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

I don't remember Dick as much of a potty mouth, but Shirley? Oh my, she could make me blush and I'm a native New Yorker who has worked in the auto repair industry for most of my life.
Dick was an incredibly nice guy whom I befriended when he drove my road runner at L.I. Dragway in 1993.
Posted Image
I'm the tall one on the left. My friend, Top Fuel Tony, looks like he could have been one of Landy's kin.
WF

P.S. Now that we have thoroughly hijacked this thread.........back to Niko's Nova.

#34 jay8allday

jay8allday

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Full Name:Jerry Singleton Jr.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

looks great cant wait to see it finished

#35 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,670 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

Thanks guys! :)

As for the hijacking, it's not disturbing me, but those moderators won't appreciate it...

Sorry no updates this time, I've been sick lately and building has been inpossible. Yesterday I tried to build a bit, and managed to glue hubcaps to Austin Mini wheels, before I had to quit. Let's see if I can foil those door panel trims today. Painting is inpossible right now, because I can't go outside right now... Maybe later then.

#36 stulee11

stulee11

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Full Name:stuart lee

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:32 AM

Thanks guys! :)

As for the hijacking, it's not disturbing me, but those moderators won't appreciate it...

Sorry no updates this time, I've been sick lately and building has been inpossible. Yesterday I tried to build a bit, and managed to glue hubcaps to Austin Mini wheels, before I had to quit. Let's see if I can foil those door panel trims today. Painting is inpossible right now, because I can't go outside right now... Maybe later then.

thanks for the comment on my "69" ... i hope you feel better soon mate . i cant wait to see how yours is going to turn out .

#37 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,670 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:18 AM

Thanks Stuart! After bit of sanding of VW Beetle today, now I need little break. Let's see later if I can foil those door panels. B) Thanks.

#38 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,670 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:34 AM

No pictures to show yet, but I have started the work with those door panels. Hopefully tomorrow, after some silver paint I can install them and post few pictures for you. Also little work with the engine, but nothing is assembled yet, some parts painted anyway. Let's see if I can get something done for the engine today-or tomorrow. ;)

#39 Ry4ns302

Ry4ns302

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Full Name:Ryan Weinstein

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:04 AM

Niko, I like the update with the roll bar and removing the diagonal bar. Before it didn't look right and now it is spot on, as a 1:1 for mounting up the shoulder harness.
Keep the updates coming! :D

x2!

#40 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,670 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:56 AM

Thanks Ryan.

Here's little update to the engine. Looks like I got something done. :blink: I built the crankcase ventilation tube. It has two parts. I had to drill hole for the valve cover, and then there's little piece of rubber pipe, and then I installed piece of Scale Dreams battery cable inside it. Then I just installed the other end on carburetor. Also I painted the alternator and started building that carburetor linkage. It's still under construction anyway...

More updates tomorrow, I guess.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by W-409, 08 January 2012 - 03:27 AM.