Fiat Topolino '60s Altered & Finished Slingshot DragsterAMT Double Dragster
Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:08 PM
Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:41 PM
Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:35 AM
Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:57 AM
Thanks, Virgil! Here's another update for you:
I built two parts what make plug wires run more nicely (what are they called in english?). I drilled four holes on sheet styrene. Wires run nicely now, and fabricated little top part on that magneto, looks better?
Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:10 PM
Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:57 PM
I like this engine too, it's much better with that top part. And wire looms were helpful to get ignition wiring to look "right". This engine will be in Dragster, yes. In the Open Rail version, I will build that Streamliner later, but don't know yet, if I must do some modifications before it really looks good to my eye. That Topolino has been still waiting too.
Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:34 AM
Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:51 PM
Those parts number 23, what didn't fit at all, are built now from solder. I believe, I must do some little things, before I can call them 100% finished, but anyway, they turned out pretty good.
Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:00 PM
Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:31 AM
Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:35 AM
Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:58 AM
Not so much done today, but something anyway. I removed mold lines and other trash from the frame, and then I primered it. Primer dried fast so I managed to paint them too. Tomorrow I'm going to spray some Metal Flake- Clear on those parts. Also painted those spokes of front wheels, and glued them together. Rear Wheels are in the paint stripper, I'm removing the chrome plating so I can paint them Magnesium.
Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:22 AM
I painted white walls to rear slicks too. It was bit risky to do with white "Marker Pen" and Circle Template. Anyway those White Walls turned out okay, there are some little spots to fix, but otherwise I'm pretty happy.
Then I installed front and rear axles. They went together..... Well somehow. I had some problems with the front axle, but I got it installed. There are some parts still missing, and I'm going to continue building tomorrow. Hope to have more updates soon.
Mock Up With Engine:
You can see some white spots on the frame, they came when I test fitted the body. It was pretty tight fit, but I'm going to fix those white spots soon.
Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:48 AM
Very Small update, but something done anyway. I have also painted some primer for the body parts, but I don't have pictures of them yet. Anyway here is the "Dashboard", it needed little putty before it was ready to be painted. Also the seat is painted. Hope to have more soon.
Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:00 AM
Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:33 AM
The frame is waiting for parts. I need some 6-Angled plastic tubing to make these fittings. Of course they are available in Photo Etched parts, but they are more expensive for my budget.
And here's the picture of Body and Belly Pan.