#21 krazyglu

krazyglu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Full Name:Steven Witte

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

I believe the kit supplied magnetos are replicating the very popular Joe Hunt magnetos. The difference is the wires exit the side versus the top like most distributors. Either way it looks much better with spark plugs than without.
Posted Image

#22 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:41 PM

Thanks guys! I believe, that I can make that magneto to look more like magneto after bit working today... So stay tuned. ;) Actually I don't know, what was in my mind when I started drilling those holes, I should have realized that these cars had magnetos.

#23 John Teresi

John Teresi

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • Full Name:John Teresi

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:35 AM

Niko......that engine is looking GREAT!!!!!.......everytime I follow your builds......I see your luv and passion......that you have for modeling ........you are doing some great work.

#24 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:06 AM

Keep up the good work, and keep sharing . . .

#25 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:57 AM

Thanks John! It means alot when that comes from one Pro Modeler like you! B) Thanks again. Model building is really fun and great way to relax.

Thanks, Virgil! Here's another update for you:

I built two parts what make plug wires run more nicely (what are they called in english?). I drilled four holes on sheet styrene. Wires run nicely now, and fabricated little top part on that magneto, looks better?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

One More..
Posted Image

#26 krazyglu

krazyglu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Full Name:Steven Witte

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hey Niko no big deal buddy, like I said it looks much better with plug wires than without. I do think it looks better with that top on there so way to adapt and keep on going. The things you made are called wire looms and I have been thinking about making some myself. After seeing yours installed I like the look a lot. Did you say you were putting this engine in one of the dragster's?

#27 brett

brett

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • Full Name:Brett

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

Looking really good Niko!

#28 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

Thanks Steven and Brett!
I like this engine too, it's much better with that top part. And wire looms were helpful to get ignition wiring to look "right". This engine will be in Dragster, yes. In the Open Rail version, I will build that Streamliner later, but don't know yet, if I must do some modifications before it really looks good to my eye. That Topolino has been still waiting too.

#29 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

Little update for the engine. Those blower parts were on MR Muscle to remove chrome plating. After that I removed few mold seams and painted them silver. I assembled everything together, only those "tubes" are missing. (First picture, parts number 23) Those parts didn't fit at all, so I'm going to make new ones from solder.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 John Teresi

John Teresi

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • Full Name:John Teresi

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

Niko.......looks GREAT!!!!!!

#31 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

Thanks so much, John! ;)

Those parts number 23, what didn't fit at all, are built now from solder. I believe, I must do some little things, before I can call them 100% finished, but anyway, they turned out pretty good.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 1zebra3

1zebra3

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Full Name:MATT Dragon

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

Great job on the engine Niko. If the rest of the build looks this good you will have a couple of great models.

#33 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

Thanks, Matt! I'll try to build as good build as this engine.. I've messed few builds with bad finishing. :huh: But this is not going to be one of them, I'm sure about it, since this is one of my all time favorite kits, and subject is more than interesting...

#34 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

Little update, some detailing for the engine. Those fuel line (?) parts are made from ignition wire and two piece of styrene. Next I must continue detailing, and frame needs to be built too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

Finally an Update... :rolleyes:

Not so much done today, but something anyway. I removed mold lines and other trash from the frame, and then I primered it. Primer dried fast so I managed to paint them too. Tomorrow I'm going to spray some Metal Flake- Clear on those parts. Also painted those spokes of front wheels, and glued them together. Rear Wheels are in the paint stripper, I'm removing the chrome plating so I can paint them Magnesium.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:22 AM

Sorry guys, it has been a while, but I forgot to paint one part of the frame, and it took some time to primer, paint and clearcoat it. But today I was able to do some work with the Dragster too, I assembled the frame together. There were no big fit issues at that point, everything went together pretty well.
I painted white walls to rear slicks too. It was bit risky to do with white "Marker Pen" and Circle Template. Anyway those White Walls turned out okay, there are some little spots to fix, but otherwise I'm pretty happy.
Then I installed front and rear axles. They went together..... Well somehow. :lol: I had some problems with the front axle, but I got it installed. There are some parts still missing, and I'm going to continue building tomorrow. Hope to have more updates soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mock Up With Engine:
Posted Image

You can see some white spots on the frame, they came when I test fitted the body. It was pretty tight fit, but I'm going to fix those white spots soon. ;)

#37 BOSWELL891

BOSWELL891

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Full Name:Cole Boswell

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

Great work so far

#38 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:48 AM

Thanks, Cole!

Very Small update, but something done anyway. I have also painted some primer for the body parts, but I don't have pictures of them yet. Anyway here is the "Dashboard", it needed little putty before it was ready to be painted. Also the seat is painted. Hope to have more soon.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

As I said in the last post, body parts are primered too. Here is a picture of them, I'm hoping to get them painted tomorrow but let's see what the weather says.

Posted Image

#40 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:33 AM

I painted the body and Belly Pan yesterday from inside, since the weather was good. The color is Green, it just fits nicely on this kind of Dragster. Hopefully I can get outside of body painted today.
The frame is waiting for parts. I need some 6-Angled plastic tubing to make these fittings. Of course they are available in Photo Etched parts, but they are more expensive for my budget.
Posted Image

And here's the picture of Body and Belly Pan.
Posted Image