#21 Bartster

Bartster

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Full Name:Bart E Deatherage

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

This is a very informative thread & I love where it's gone, but I wasn't gonna build it as the Lawman anyway, I just wanted to see what kinda extra hi-po speed goodies it would come with. You guys are GREAT & I hope I don't burst any bubbles, I just wish Lindberg would get it out already! Phil's Hobby shop still has it listed as "sold out" on-line!!! What's with that?

#22 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

The speed parts it would have had are probably the same ones that are in the drag versions of the '64 Dodge...it's easy enough to kitbash the Belvedere ht w/ the Dodge to get the parts to do one, plus aftermarket decals.

Given how stale Lindberg seems to be these days, I'm not expecting it to be released..

Edited by Rob Hall, 21 January 2012 - 09:21 AM.

#23 Bartster

Bartster

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Full Name:Bart E Deatherage

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

That's what I've been hearing Rob. I have a couple Dodges, just can't seem to get my hands on a Plymouth.

#24 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts
  • Full Name:Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Brett M. Barrow, Esq.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

Maybe we'll finally get this now that Lindberg is under Round 2's stewardship.  Rumor is the decal artwork was already done and ready to go...  Cady's were WAAAAAAY off (Brown and yellow vs. Orange and Maroon) 

#25 kitswapper

kitswapper

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Full Name:Jim White

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

Don't look for this to be released

#26 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin White

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Don't look for this to be released

I just love declarative statements like that. Round2, and all it's employees have the same fondness when it comes to car kits. Film cars, and race cars. When it comes to race cars they looooooove Petty. You can bet your house, your hiney and your housecat that one will get a re-issue in the not too distant future. Between the 330 and the Plymouth, there were about what, eight versions of the two...maybe more? That's alot of real estate covered in one Dodge and one Plymouth. R2 also likes changing out decals to stretch the sales as well. The Lawman will eventually get released. When it does it will have decals from the R2 artshop and not Lindberg. They just acquired the company and the ink isn't even dry yet. Give them a few months to finish inventory of the molds, facilities and assets.

As more recent tools, and some of the better tools coming from Lindberg in the last decade or two i'm certain you can expect to see them repurposed soon as R2 gets time to work something up...a little kangaroo told me. ;) 

P.S. In my opinion Fred Cady decals are junk! Anytime you have to register a decal yourself by layering?! It's 2013...you can do much better on your own these days than Cady!

Edited by MAGNUM4342, 08 April 2013 - 09:49 AM.

#27 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

IMO, it doesn't matter who's livery it's released as.

But, Make the most of it and modify the body to reflect a 2 door sedan .

IMO, this would be a much better than just a decals / box art change. Although that direction would be considerably cheaper .

#28 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

IMO, it doesn't matter who's livery it's released as.

But, Make the most of it and modify the body to reflect a 2 door sedan .

IMO, this would be a much better than just a decals / box art change. Although that direction would be considerably cheaper .

Agreed, a 2 door post Plymouth (especially a Savoy) would open up a lot more possibilities.  The LAWMAN was the only hardtop Plymouth Super Stocker I know of. (And Eckstrand even ran a 2 door post LAWMAN at one point).  

But all the LAWMAN needs is a decal sheet and a box big enough to cram in all the sprues it would take from both kits. 

#29 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

I just love declarative statements like that. Round2, and all it's employees have the same fondness when it comes to car kits. Film cars, and race cars. When it comes to race cars they looooooove Petty. You can bet your house, your hiney and your housecat that one will get a re-issue in the not too distant future. Between the 330 and the Plymouth, there were about what, eight versions of the two...maybe more? That's alot of real estate covered in one Dodge and one Plymouth. R2 also likes changing out decals to stretch the sales as well. The Lawman will eventually get released. When it does it will have decals from the R2 artshop and not Lindberg. They just acquired the company and the ink isn't even dry yet. Give them a few months to finish inventory of the molds, facilities and assets.

As more recent tools, and some of the better tools coming from Lindberg in the last decade or two i'm certain you can expect to see them repurposed soon as R2 gets time to work something up...a little kangaroo told me. ;) 

P.S. In my opinion Fred Cady decals are junk! Anytime you have to register a decal yourself by layering?! It's 2013...you can do much better on your own these days than Cady!

I can't wait to see what they come up with for some of the Lindberg kits.  Box art is such a powerful sales tool for a model kit, I don't think Lindberg ever understood that (no offense to anyone who ever built a box art model for them, I know there are a couple guys on here who did) they never had cool box art. 

#30 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

While Fred Cady's decals weren't the greatest, his decals did serve a purpose and helped many a modeler build many different cars with his decals. He's been retired for awhile now, so 2013 doesn't count in this case.

#31 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,354 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

But all the LAWMAN needs is a decal sheet and a box big enough to cram in all the sprues it would take from both kits. 

Is that even, well, not possible, but realistic? To include sprues A, B and D from the '64 Plymouth with the tires, chrome sprue, and sprues C and E from the '64 Dodge kits? That would require molding both kits, then mixing the various sprues correctly for packaging, and then what to do with the leftovers? Don't say Parts Packs, as nobody wants a bench seat and roll bar parts packs. I just don't see that making good financial sense, essentially including parts from two kits, when the builder can only build one model from those parts.

Now, if Round2 had the ability to open and close sprue gates on the Lindberg molds to limit which parts are molded, I guess it would be possible, but 2/3 of a kit still takes occupies the the injection molding machine the same as a full kit does, and the post-molding packaging sequence is far easier, too.

#32 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

Is that even, well, not possible, but realistic? To include sprues A, B and D from the '64 Plymouth with the tires, chrome sprue, and sprues C and E from the '64 Dodge kits? That would require molding both kits, then mixing the various sprues correctly for packaging, and then what to do with the leftovers? Don't say Parts Packs, as nobody wants a bench seat and roll bar parts packs. I just don't see that making good financial sense, essentially including parts from two kits, when the builder can only build one model from those parts.

Now, if Round2 had the ability to open and close sprue gates on the Lindberg molds to limit which parts are molded, I guess it would be possible, but 2/3 of a kit still takes occupies the the injection molding machine the same as a full kit does, and the post-molding packaging sequence is far easier, too.

Bah, it's just styrene.  Chuck 'em back in the hopper!

#33 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

That Charger would make a nice build with the decals of course. I did see that Charger on display at the Chrysler Museum back in 2002, but the Color Me Gone Dodge got a lot of my attention.

#34 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:57 AM

Agreed, a 2 door post Plymouth (especially a Savoy) would open up a lot more possibilities.  The LAWMAN was the only hardtop Plymouth Super Stocker I know of. (And Eckstrand even ran a 2 door post LAWMAN at one point).  

Golden Commandos / Hamilton Motors also had a 1964 Plymouth 2 door hardtop , ,,,,,,2 cars actually, A max wedge car  early in the season , And I think some time later a Hemi car  - Which 'I think' is just the max wedge with the 'new' Hemi installed, then the RO 1964 Hemi sedan showed up later on

IMO, this would be a better marketing subject to re-badge the box art compared to the Lawman

pitcock64Plymouth-GoldenComanndos.jpg

Notice the class number has changed and it now has a 2 head light grille

Edited by gtx6970, 09 April 2013 - 03:33 AM.

#35 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

Or the 4 headlight car. which 'should'  be a max wedge car.

64commando-VS-bobford.jpg

#36 boss 302 mustang

boss 302 mustang

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
  • Full Name:A Federoff

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

Most of the '64 wedge cars were hardtops...the sedans were A990 hemi cars

#37 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

Oh yeah, I did know of this one, but always though of it with the 2 light grille, and no side spears, I never noticed it was a hardtop, always thought it was a Savoy 2dr post. 

The Lawman's definitely the easier, since the body is still in stock trim. 

#38 blabride

blabride

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Barber

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

I have quite a fondness for the 60-70 Plymouths as that is all my family owned. I must do that car! Does anyone make that color? I have for years suspected that the Cady decal was the wrong color but this is the first time I have seen that top photo.

Thanks

Steve B

#39 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

If the car shown earlier is the one I think it is, ( the 2 door hardtop )  It's a clone so using it for actual reference of the original car is questionable .

Provided,,,,,, it's the car I seen a few years back at the US Nats

#40 mr68gts

mr68gts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Mendoza

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

Looking at the pic on pg 2 of the "lawman" sedan, I think it may actually be a 2% car. (2% is the precursor to the 65 AFX program they ran)

Paul