#81 Mike Kucaba

Mike Kucaba

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts
  • Full Name:Michael J Kucaba

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

I saw this car run in late '64 against Dick Brannans then newly built 427(not SOHC) at U.S. 30 Dyer,IN

I remember commenting what an ugly color combo on it. I believe, and going on memory here, that the red was a brown or at least a very dark maroon.

As an aside, And IMHO the derogatory remarks about Fred Cady decals was uncalled for. Fred was a fixture at the Chicago area shows and I sometimes had the pleasure to be a "table neighbor". Just remember, before Cady decals there was no one else!

#82 afxmustang

afxmustang

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Full Name:Karl Smalley

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

Most of the factory '64 wedge cars were hardtops. All of the factory hemi cars were 2 door sedans. Many of the hardtops were updated with the hemi. The Larry Davis Super stock book had lots of errors. One of them was the color of the Lawman. It was not candy red. As a person who saw the car in person in 1964 I can say for sure that it was bronze and not red. The Aed car has a slight red look to it which is due to the lighting when the photo was taken. Turbine Bronze Metalic was used on Plymouth engines in 1958 but I'm guessing that the car might have painted by the Alexander Brothers so it could have been some custom mix. Looks like the same color was used on the Golden Commandos cars in 1965.

Edited by afxmustang, 01 November 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#83 hack-n-whack

hack-n-whack

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Full Name:Thomas A. Buda

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

At I-Hobby 2013 in Chicago, at the Round 2 booth there was a built-up of The Lawman kit with a release date of June 2014 ( maybe July '14?).