#121 mrmike

mrmike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Full Name:Michael R. Siesicki

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

These pickup/vans from the early to mid '60's were unique for it's era. Chevy tried with it's Corvair platform and failed miserably in it's attempt. They had better luck with the truck chassis version. But, I will always like the Dodge A100 better because I am a Mopar fan.

#122 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,584 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

Mike you have come a long way. l am finishing up a mustang l also want off my bench so l know how you feel....

#123 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,451 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

Mike this looks very good except for that kit glass! Maybe just use a piece of clear acetate? The windshield looks flat enough.

#124 mrmike

mrmike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Rob, the kit glass has some smears and marks on it and I have since cleaned it up as best as I can.  AFAIC, this one is off the bench!  I would like to thank all those who took the time to view and to comment on my WIP.

#125 wraith

wraith

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Full Name:Darrick Aulner

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

MIKE!

keep up the good work!

can't wait to see it finished!

heck.......i can't wait to see one of mine finished! lol!

#126 426-Hemi

426-Hemi

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Full Name:John

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:17 AM

DSCF0051.jpg

I love how that A100, has the '68 Charger grill in it!!!!!! That looks AWESOME any more on this model?

#127 mrmike

mrmike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:26 AM

John, I think you should ask envious8420 about that model as it is his and not mine.  

#128 Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
  • Full Name:Ronald Hamilton

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:57 AM

A100's look great with spokes!

Received_13_01_2007140718-vi.jpg

I like this one.  I just saw one of my Little Red Wagon kits in the stash this morning, I plan to build one in the future. Mike, I'm quite sure whatever your decision, the build will be great.

#129 Custom Mike

Custom Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Full Name:Mike

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:49 AM

Michael, I've been watching since day one, and I love what you've done with this old A-100! Stick to your build, and don't let anyone else push you to do something, it's your vision, not theirs!

It's amazing what I can find in my parts box. I had forgotten that I bought these last year and stuffed them away for a future project. Well, the future is here and now!
A10027.jpg
I may strip the chrome off the rotors and paint them or I might try brushing the chrome with sandpaper to get a dull finish on them and painting the calipers red.

I've been using the Pegasus Disc Brakes for years, they are the best bang for your buck when it comes to adding details to a set of rims! I always strip 'em and paint them Metalizer Stainless Steel...but I also get stupid and drill all of the holes out! A real PITA, but it does end up looking really good!

1969Talledega0067-vi.jpg

1969Talledega0068-vi.jpg

#130 mrmike

mrmike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:59 PM

Thanks Ron  and Mike!  The A100 could be and has been rodded in many different versions and mine is no different.  I am somewhat amazed as how this topic keeps coming up even though my A100 was finished almost 2 years ago!  Maybe it was the way that I unceremoniously announced that it was done and off the bench.  Here's the link to my final pictures.

http://www.modelcars...showtopic=67162

#131 426-Hemi

426-Hemi

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Full Name:John

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:22 AM

John, I think you should ask envious8420 about that model as it is his and not mine.  

Thanks Mike, I contacted him on it......... What he done to that A100 looks AWESOME!