#441 CorvairJim

CorvairJim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Ely

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

I haven't had time to do ANY work on my Plymouth over the past few months... or any other model, for that matter. I wish my chassis were at this point. It's getting down to crunch time and I have two transcontinental race CBP's to finish builds for!

#442 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,424 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

Decals are now on place. I wanted to keep it quite simple, because it will not look so much different then on the Race. The starting number for the race seems to be 12, hopefully it won't be the finishing number. :lol: Also started the interior work, seats are painted Humbroll's Radome Tan.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#443 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,606 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

Looking good Niko.

#444 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

Well with Niko getting all decaled up I just had to get it rolling. I'll let it set a while and hit it with some clear tomorrow. After that - whoo, I might be near done. Imagine that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#445 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

Thanks, Ray!

I got something done with the interior, door panels are foiled and assembled. It was real paint to get them Foiled nicely and they're not perfect, actually far away from it but they are good enough when installed. Also the dashboard is installed, it's painted white and black with brush. Seat belts are made too, only steering wheel, rear view mirror and tachometer are missing.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

EDIT: Very nice job with the Ford too, Rob! Decals look fantastic on that one.

Edited by W-409, 11 November 2012 - 09:29 AM.

#446 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Laliberte

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

The decals look right at home on that Rob. Looks like everything's laying down pretty good for you. That's gotta be a relief.

Niko, I can't believe how much you're getting done in a short amount of time. All of it looks great, your extra effort shows.

#447 A.R.C.

A.R.C.

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Full Name:Adam Cordoza Cortez

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

ARC, sorry to hear about your exit. I was kind of looking forward to your entry. If last year was any indication, I know you would have brought a very serious contender... in other words, a beauty!

Thanks Luna. I appreciate the comment. Your words actually inspired me to get my tail in gear. Last year was my first Cannonball and I had a good time with it. I really REALLY hate to not finish anything I begin let alone not even start it. It was actually bugging me that I bailed out last week,so if its cool with you guys I`m gonna jump back in.
I took alook at the Fairlane this afternoon and decided with the type of build I originally had planned for it and the next 3 days off I can make some major headway and do my darndest to make the start line. I spent 3 hours on it so far today and plan to put in at least a couple more. I`ll put up some pics later this eve.

#448 SuperStockAndy

SuperStockAndy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts
  • Full Name:Andy "Android" Conn

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

Ok...I'm still alive. :lol:

Been held up lately due to school, work, and working on my 1:1. However the other day, I pulled the '55 out of the box and did some foiling (did you know I hate foiling with a passion?). Mainly just gotta finish that and then paint the hood. Then I think it'll be about done. Some real nice entries so far B)

#449 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Excellent Adam, I look forward to any progress.

Andy your post reminds of a past thread about what makes your builds stall out. I'm kind of there with you on the BMF.

#450 slantasaurus

slantasaurus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Wagonrod

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Thats strange, I actually LIKE BMFing. Thas what I was doing tonight, its questionable if I'll actually finish the Dart though. A few nights ago I realized that I have no mufflers and my parts box is 1000 miles away so I'm going to try to scratchbuild some. I'm not the fastest builder and there isn't any area of the Dart that is finished yet. We'll see what I have in a couple weeks.

#451 SuperStockAndy

SuperStockAndy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts
  • Full Name:Andy "Android" Conn

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Thats strange, I actually LIKE BMFing.

You're hired :lol: :P

#452 slantasaurus

slantasaurus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Wagonrod

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

You're hired :lol: :P

You couldn't afford me.

#453 A.R.C.

A.R.C.

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Full Name:Adam Cordoza Cortez

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

I`m strange, I actually LIKE BMFing.

Fixed it for ya :P

Had a long productive day yesterday. It would have been even more productive if I didnt spend half of it removing flash and cutting out that silly molded exhaust sytem.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#454 ChevyCoupe41

ChevyCoupe41

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Full Name:Matti Tirronen

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

Guys your builds looks very good. B) And what come with my T-Bird, well its not gonna finished to deadline. :( Too much work and not as much time to do it...

#455 MLMDesign

MLMDesign

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Mason

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Hi everyone, sorry for not recent posts, life's been keeping me busy. I've got a good amount of work done to the vette. I'll have pics up later today, battery in the camera is dead and being charged right now. I'm not sure if I'll get it done on time either, but I'll try.

Everyone's cars look great, I hope we all get to the start line, it looks like a killer line up. Goodluck everyone. :)

#456 MLMDesign

MLMDesign

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Mason

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

As promised earlier here's an update, the color is Nassau Blue which is the closest I could get to Pennant Blue. I'm almost done with the engine. The frame is pretty much done, the interior is being slow. I had an issue with the floor board but my good friend sandpaper solved the problem. I got to re-spray that as soon as it gets warmer. Anyway that's what I've been up to.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#457 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

Matthew that blue is gorgeous. I'll have to file that away. Testors? Have LOTS of fun with that windshield. In quick order I learned the curved kit glass of my '60 Revell doesn't remotely fit the frame so I cut a new one out of acetate and it fought me for an hour with annoying results. Better luck on your AMT.

Adam, I don't know what impresses me more, your surgical expertise with a dremel or your kahunas to get that involved at this stage. Whether you make it to the line or not, I look forward to seeing this take shape.

#458 CorvairJim

CorvairJim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Ely

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

Adam, I don't know what impresses me more, your surgical expertise with a dremel or your kahunas to get that involved at this stage. Whether you make it to the line or not, I look forward to seeing this take shape.

I'd like to know where he found the kahunas to help him out... My guess would be Hawaii, since that's where all the big Kahunas seem to hang out. Whatever the case and wherever they came from, they must have pretty big cojones to try that work this late in the game!

Edited by CorvairJim, 16 November 2012 - 12:03 AM.

#459 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

Niko, I can't believe how much you're getting done in a short amount of time. All of it looks great, your extra effort shows.

Thanks.

I try to paint all parts I need to complete a chassis, for example on one day. And on the next day, parts are dry and maybe I can paint other colors or details with silver (silver dries fast). Then when everything is dry: Ding, Ding, Ding, we can put it together. :lol:

I took the classic One Step Forward And Two Steps Back.

The One Step Forward is that I got the body clearcoated. I'm going to spray another coat of clear tomorrow and then I can wait it to dry and polish it out.

Two Steps Back are, that I dropped the chassis. Or actually I didn't drop, but it somehow just slipped to floor from my bench. Luckily, only one part was broken (front spindle in three pieces) but many parts were gotten apart. It's coming together again, though.

I should have pictures to show tomorrow.

#460 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

I'd like to know where he found the kahunas to help him out... My guess would be Hawaii, since that's where all the big Kahunas seem to hang out. Whatever the case and wherever they came from, they must have pretty big cojones to try that work this late in the game!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Another reason why central midwesterners should put down and step away from urban slang.