#541 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,152 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

It's early so I'm not endorsing the unlimited idea, but it occurred to me that since this migrated over here from over there, some members don't know (or learned late) what Cannonball is. Maybe an unlimited would make it accessible to a new group.

I think this is a good idea as well.

#542 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,334 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

I'm with Nick on this one. Pre '79 would be good. Bit different style vehicles maybe than this time, so it's not the same game twice, and it's quite large category which means lots of different kinds of builds.

Cannonball Euro would be great idea, But I wonder how many racers there would be? Mostly we build American Cars in here. I would be in for sure with my Austin Healey.

Muscle Car Mash sounds excellent. I would be in there too. I guess there would be many racers with their favorite Muscle Cars. :lol:

Cannonball 2000. Good idea, but would there be any other cars than new Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers? :D  I might be in if that's chosen, but could those cars have older parts than 2000?

Unlimited is good too, many different kinds of racers.

Just thinking aloud. I hope we get nice race next year doesn't matter which subject is chosen. I guess I'm in anyway. B)

#543 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,152 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

I just think a '79 run is too close to the '81 run we did in 2011. Two years I isn't much different really.

#544 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,334 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

That's good point too!

Maybe the Muscle Car Mash would be my favorite from these.

#545 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

I just think a '79 run is too close to the '81 run we did in 2011. Two years I isn't much different really.

Rob my thoughts were more on the actual meaning of the year 1979 in regards to the Cannonball, not so much the year it's self but the significance of it to the Cannonball races.

Nick

I really don't care either way, it only for fun in the end, just thought after 2 un-limited's, 1 60's era and 1 80's era, that maybe it was time for a different year, of Course we could use other years with a close related significance such as 1972, 1975, or 1976.

#546 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,152 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

I dig it Nick. We did the '81 run in 2011 because it was the 30th anniversary of the Cannonball Run film, so I know where your coming from.

#547 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

In the end it is all for fun Right guys?

Nick

#548 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

http://www.modelcars...2&st=0&p=830723

Nick

#549 TFchronos

TFchronos

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Lewis Mason

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Hi everyone, I don't know if anyone remembers me but I was in the 2011 cannonball, I was the 70 AAR Cuda. Anyway, I'm sorry I missed this years, it's not that I didn't have a car, I did, but I decided it be best if I stayed out of it this year due to the prize thing.

Because MLMdesign is my younger brother and we currently reside at the same house. I stayed out of it this year because I didn't want anyone to think that someone from this location was trying to sneak 2 entry's in trying to win prizes, I did what I felt was the honorable thing and just stayed out of it.

Because this year's is pretty much wrapped up aside from voting I thought I would go ahead and ask this before the next one starts. It looks like next year wont have any prizes. Which is perfect with me, win or lose I would just like to build a car for next year. I had a ton of fun in 11' and I'd really like to do it again. So would anyone mind if I joined next years build?

On a different note I know it's late but you guys did a wonder job in your entry's Luna, your vette is jaw dropping, Zen, the Chevy panel is beautiful, I did a 64 Suburban for my Dad's birthday so I understand the work you put in it. A.R.C, The cleared flat black finish on the Fairlane really makes it stand out and look aggressive. W-409 being a mopar fan like my brother I really like the 57' that paint job is perfect

If I am permitted to enter next year, I would be open for anything. An unlimited would be entertaining but I think having rules and restrictions would be more interesting. So I'm on the fence about either unlimited or the 79' theme. Anyway let me know on the above if I can enter I'll decide and vote on next years theme. If not that's okay I understand, I'll still root for everyone next year. Thanks

#550 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,152 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

Honestly I'd forgotten all about  the prizes.

I look forward to seeing your work again. I doubt very seriously two builders in the same location would give anyone concern. Nick is running it for 2013 and he's a pretty good sort.

#551 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,152 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

I know Nick posted this already, but folks might not known what it was.

Folks, if you are in any way interesting in running with us next year. Please vote on this poll thread.

http://www.modelcars...topic=67422&hl=

#552 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,334 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

Yeah, hope to see your entry next year Jonathan! More entries, the better Race.

Oh and I forgot the prizes too. Well luckily I don't have to worry about them, since mine is far away from other builds in here. ;)

Thanks for the kind words for my Chrysler, Jonathan. :)

#553 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

I know Nick posted this already, but folks might not known what it was.

Folks, if you are in any way interesting in running with us next year. Please vote on this poll thread.

http://www.modelcars...topic=67422&hl=

Good call Rob, I was a bit tired and forget to put a bit of writing in with the link, the things we do when were half asleep!

Nick

#554 slantasaurus

slantasaurus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Wagonrod

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

OK, I've already sent out some PMs to people who have finished and will send out the rest soon. I will be starting a voting thread in the Under Glass section tomorrow (after I get home from work....). As I stated at the begining of the Cannonball, there will be some kits given away. I'll let all of you know right now that it will be a little while before I'm able to send them out though. When I took over the Cannonball for this year I was living in Chicago now I'm living in Florida.........but the kits I was planning to give away are still 1000 miles away in Chicago. Thats part of the reason my Dart didn't get finished in time, my parts box is also still at home and I forgot to bring a few things like.......mufflers for my build. I attempted to scratchbuild some but didn't like the results and decided it was better to delay finishing the model than build it and not be happy with the results. Anyway, in about a month my parents will be coming to Florida and I'll have them bring the kits that will be given away. Its just going to take a little longer than it would have if I had them at hand. Once the winners are decided by vote I will contact them and we'll work things out as to what kits to send, where, and when they will be sent.

Thanks to everyone who has been involved in the Cannonball Run this year weather  you finished your builds or not. I've enjoyed moderating it and my decision not to continue wasn't based on anything dealing with moderating it. After making the move this year I've found myself without a model workbench for the first time, I've improvised as best as I can but until I have a bench set up my modeling is going to be limited/compromised.

Ron- Slantasaurus

#555 A.R.C.

A.R.C.

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Full Name:Adam Cordoza Cortez

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Mufflers!! You dont need no stinking mufflers!!!!

Thanks for putting this on Ron. Make sure you post up some pics of the Dart when its done. I still want to see it.

#556 zenrat

zenrat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • Full Name:Fred Maillardet

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

Au contraire Adam.  

Mufflers are very important if you want to be able to roll past a cop at tickover without attracting attention.

Anyway, I think 79 is too close to 82.  My vote would be for unlimited or muscle cars.

I must admit that having done it in a succession of vehicles where performance over-ruled comfort I would like to build something big, soft & fast for a change.  Beemer, merc or big jap luxo barge maybe.

Anyway.  i'm off to vote.

#557 zenrat

zenrat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • Full Name:Fred Maillardet

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

Oh, and a huge thank you for running this and for entering whether you rolled up to the start line or not.

#558 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,152 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

Ron, you are close enough now to raid my parts bins if you need stuff like that. I'd be happy to help out.

#559 slantasaurus

slantasaurus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Wagonrod

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

The poll is posted.

Here is the link: http://www.modelcars...showtopic=67514

Because of the difficulties of getting the prizes from home, I'm going to limit it to the top 2 vote getters instead of 3. Good luck to everyone.

BTW, the Dart will get finished, hopefully in January when I get some stuff from home....

Thank fot the offer Rob, if I had realized I need them I would have asked before we met at the Pinellis swap. Or I would have bought a cheap built up to use as a donar. I didn't even think about the exhaust system until I was too close to the end.

Edited by slantasaurus, 08 December 2012 - 03:01 PM.

#560 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Laliberte

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Well the cars are away, the starting line is quiet and the curious crowds are dispersing. Now just waiting for reports from the road then word from the west coast.

Thanks for all your work Ron for getting this going in the right direction and seeing it through to the end. You had a hectic year so I hope things will have settled enough to see you at the driver's meeting next year.

-Mike-

Edited by Lunajammer, 08 December 2012 - 08:44 PM.