#41 Ramfins59

Ramfins59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Manson

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Looking good John.  It's about time you got back into building. 

#42 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

Even though its a low-tech build, it's going to get finished! I figure I'll try one more "easy" build before we break out the saws & torches.

#43 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Davis

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

wow John, its about time!! lol that is some beautiful work! I'm not an Edsel fan, but you some how made a cool car out of it, stay after it man!!

#44 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Gotta finish it and bring it to NNL East John!   Seriously, we have special gifts that only those who display models will get this year!   :rolleyes:

#45 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

I appreciate the encouragement, but I'm still getting my feet wet again. I don't think I'm NNL bound with this one but I will finish it. You guys who know me understand what I'm trying to get back into.

This Edsel is a snack.... :grin:

#46 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

I have an update on the Edsel: Go to the Under Glass Section!

#47 uncle potts

uncle potts

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Full Name:paul cowell

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Thanks Mark. I agree, a build is a build. Doesn't matter what you start with, it's what you do with it.

Heck, back in the day I won Best of Show @ the MAMA's NNL with a snap kit.....

Models_110015-vi.jpg

Wasn't this one in the "other guys" magazine some years back? If it is, it inspired me to build one very similar, mine is green. I thought the concept was excellent and needed to build one for myself.

Thanks for the inspiration.

#48 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

I appreciate the encouragement, but I'm still getting my feet wet again. I don't think I'm NNL bound with this one but I will finish it. 

Hey John, the whole idea of NNL is that everyone can bring and display their work.  As you know, there's no judging so it's just for fun.   

One of the things we realized is that a lot of good builders are coming to the show but not displaying models.  So this year we are starting a neat NNL East imprinted gift that will only be given to those who display!  So display a model and get a neat gift!

#49 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

Wasn't this one in the "other guys" magazine some years back? If it is, it inspired me to build one very similar, mine is green. I thought the concept was excellent and needed to build one for myself.
Thanks for the inspiration.

I built the Atlantic Roadster when the kit first came out. And yes, it was published heavily in all the mags. One of my most popular builds, and I think it was done in 2 weeks. Go figure!

Thanks for the encouragement on the Edsel. I think I have a neat one lines up next....

#50 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

Hey John, the whole idea of NNL is that everyone can bring and display their work.  As you know, there's no judging so it's just for fun!

I know Tom. If I can get the second one done, I'll bring both. I'm trying to bring something neat and I have just the build..... I think. I have a few weeks, I think I can.

#51 toddy427

toddy427

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Adams

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

Hey John! Terry here I am so glad you are back building again!!! The Edsel is steller, nice work as always. Look forward to seeing more. My 55 Chevy wagon is just about done pictures will be coming soon. You will dig the wild paint work on the top. Look for it. Your friend!! Say hi to Amy.