Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question about Auto art 1/32 Lambo Murcielago

Randy Kern

My son and I are just getting into 1/32 slot racing, buying cars and plan to get a home track. Yes, I need another car hobby to sink money into! I'm fairly new to this scale, as I grew up with H.O. scale. We have a few Scalextric cars, and yesterday I just got an Auto art 1/32 Lamborghini Murcielago. I don't care if it isn't as fast, or as high-tech as others, I had to have a model of my favorite exotic of all time. I haven't had a chance to run it yet, but I have a question about a switch on the chassis plate. There is a sliding switch with a 'R' and 'L' on either side of it. The box has no explanation of it, and no paper inside about it. The car actually has all wheel drive, like the real one, although I'm not sure if that will help or not on the track. Anybody know what that switch is for? Dr. Epstien?

thats exactly what its for, to reverse the polarity/direction of running. this will come in very handy if running on someone elses track that is wired the opposite of yours...you wont have to unscrew the body and reverse the leads on your pickup shoe.

the 4WD is a gimmick. it will run much better and handle much better if you disconnect the front drive, at least in my experience (but not with this exact car...my experience comes mostly from rally cars with 4WD).