Callin' It "DONE" Another first build in years....Revell Kenworth (snap)

• You cannot reply to this topic
67 replies to this topic

#21 Badluck 13

Badluck 13

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Stiles

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

.....And a few more with better lighting...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

Mike, that really looks great!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't think I'm just trying to be negative when I say this but there's one small thing that really detracts from the overall appearance. That mold line of the outlet pipe and down pipe. If you were to go back and scrape those off and then repaint, it would really make it more realistic!!!
If your happy with it as is, that's great, I just think it's so close to looking pefect, it would be a shame to overlook such an easy to fix area.
I would like to know how you painted that turbo!!!!!! It looks like rusted iron!!!!!!!

#23 Badluck 13

Badluck 13

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:56 AM

Mike, that really looks great!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't think I'm just trying to be negative when I say this but there's one small thing that really detracts from the overall appearance. That mold line of the outlet pipe and down pipe. If you were to go back and scrape those off and then repaint, it would really make it more realistic!!!
If your happy with it as is, that's great, I just think it's so close to looking pefect, it would be a shame to overlook such an easy to fix area.
I would like to know how you painted that turbo!!!!!! It looks like rusted iron!!!!!!!

Ben,how could you be so negative???? :lol: .....No honestly,Thank You, I am glad you pointed that out because you are so right,never noticed it until now....will be yanking it off and re-doing it.

As far as the rust,Anthony Oteri gave me the heads up on "Sophisticated Finishes",got it at Michaels,the stuff is awesome and very easy to use!!!

#24 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

Ben,how could you be so negative???? :lol: .....No honestly,Thank You, I am glad you pointed that out because you are so right,never noticed it until now....will be yanking it off and re-doing it.

As far as the rust,Anthony Oteri gave me the heads up on "Sophisticated Finishes",got it at Michaels,the stuff is awesome and very easy to use!!!

I didn't know if I should say anything or not. Some people take it as their work being put down. I'm just trying to offer help. I'm certainly not a perfect builder but if I know of something that will help make a model look better. I'll try to politely suggest it.

#25 pete3522

pete3522

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Full Name:Craig Robert

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

nice detail

#26 Truck parts

Truck parts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Full Name:gordon d.dickerson

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

Great detail work

#27 Badluck 13

Badluck 13

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

Got the body work done on the cab,didn't like the mounting tabs on the back of the sleeper,so filled them in and the mirror mounting?!?!?!!? really???,one bar goes on the door and the upper on the cab???...did a re-drill n fill for that :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Not happy with the color,much darker than the cap on the can :huh:
Posted Image

Posted Image
Maaaaaaan!!!!!,can tell I haven't painted for awhile,got a couple of booger sags :angry:
Posted Image
Didn't like the snap tab on the step and wasn't quite sure how to fix it so I tried to make it look like a marker lamp......Comments,Ideas,or suggestions always welcome!

#28 Badluck 13

Badluck 13

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

..................And this one is for Ben!!!,thanks again for the heads up!!!! :D
Posted Image
Ben kindly pointed out that I should remove the mold line from the exhaust,and how it got past me,but anyways I am glad he did,looks much better.

#29 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

I like the color. Very nice.

About the only thing you can do with that tab in the battery box is a touch of chrome paint, or maybe a little piece of BMF to camouflage it.

#30 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

Ben kindly pointed out that I should remove the mold line from the exhaust,and how it got past me,but anyways I am glad he did,looks much better.

This is the wonderful (maddening?) thing about pictures. You will see things in them that you will miss looking at the subject itself.... This is looking good, I look forward to seeing it completed!

#31 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

..................And this one is for Ben!!!,thanks again for the heads up!!!! :D
Posted Image

Awesome, looks much better!

#32 Truck parts

Truck parts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Full Name:gordon d.dickerson

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

I had to go back,and look to see what Ben was talking about. Ben nice catch on the line on the pipe. Very nice detail work on the motor,and outstanding paint job.

#33 Badluck 13

Badluck 13

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

This is the wonderful (maddening?) thing about pictures. You will see things in them that you will miss looking at the subject itself.... This is looking good, I look forward to seeing it completed!

Ain't that the truth,didn't even notice it at the time...

I had to go back,and look to see what Ben was talking about. Ben nice catch on the line on the pipe. Very nice detail work on the motor,and outstanding paint job.

Yeah I was quite pleased when Ben brought it to my attention because my luck I would not have noticed until it was done.....if that ever happens,had to strip the hood today <_<

#34 pete3522

pete3522

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Full Name:Craig Robert

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

nice detail

#35 Badluck 13

Badluck 13

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

As the modified post says "help",I need your opinion on the paint scheme I have done,to stripe or not to stripe?.....I put the second color on the Kenny and the mask line came out straight and clean so the separation stripe isn't really needed.....Thanks for your opinions.
Posted Image
Without
Posted Image
With
Thanks again....

#36 Fat Brian

Fat Brian

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Croft

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

I'm leaning without.

#37 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

Wow! That did come put really clean. What tape did you use?

I'm wondering how it would look with a contrasting seperation stripe, like gold or silver.

#38 Badluck 13

Badluck 13

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:32 AM

Wow! That did come put really clean. What tape did you use?

I'm wondering how it would look with a contrasting seperation stripe, like gold or silver.

I used Tamiya masking tape,and to be honest I have never had a line come out that clean for me,that kinda why I don't want to stripe it,I did try silver and thought it stood out to much.....gold?...Hmmmmmm maybe...........................

#39 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

A pin stripe usually makes the color transition look more... gentle, I guess that's the word I want... It's an attention getter that adds to the effect. I'd say try a red stripe like in the second picture... that's pretty pleasing to the eye. I do like that color combo!

Edited by Wagoneer81, 18 April 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#40 camaro68

camaro68

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Full Name:Donavon Tabor

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

Go with the stripe looks great both ways