Callin' It "DONE" Another first build in years....Revell Kenworth (snap)

• You cannot reply to this topic
67 replies to this topic

#61 Truck parts

Truck parts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Full Name:gordon d.dickerson

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

WOW, What a great build,and I love the colors.

#62 Badluck 13

Badluck 13

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Stiles

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

very nice! those kits seem to build very well. the paint job looks great! what kind of trailer are you hooking it to?

....I have no clue as of yet,I did good just to get this far :lol: .......but really I don't know....open for suggestions!!

........Wow thanks guys for the positive comments.......

Edited by Badluck 13, 06 May 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#63 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

Just about anything will look good behind this tractor. The any of the AMT Fruehauf trailers, or the Ertl Great Dane trailers. Maybe even the Moebius Great Dane trailer. The Wilson Livestock trailer will not fit due to the fixed fifth wheel and the belly on the trailer. Also, you might have to widen the hole in the fifth wheel to accept to AMT kingpin.

#64 truckabilly

truckabilly

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Full Name:Jaroslav Tulacek

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:52 AM

That´s a very nice snapper. I have this kit myself and I haven´t noticed that the grill looks so real. Is it just black washed?

#65 Badluck 13

Badluck 13

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

That´s a very nice snapper. I have this kit myself and I haven´t noticed that the grill looks so real. Is it just black washed?

Thanks!!!,yes the grille was just black washed a couple of times ...I just used cheapie "Americana Acrylic" from Michaels cost $.50 a bottle then I went over it again with a light coat with "The Detailer" black wash...

#66 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

I think that this truck would look good with a custom painted 'NASCAR' dropdeck 40-footer behind it... I'd paint the trailer to match the truck... That would be a fine looking combo.

#67 Badluck 13

Badluck 13

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

I think that this truck would look good with a custom painted 'NASCAR' dropdeck 40-footer behind it... I'd paint the trailer to match the truck... That would be a fine looking combo.

You know,I honestly thought of the "NASCAR" trailer also painted the same as the truck and I have an old un-built Revell ASA T-Bird I could do the same to go with it...thats if I could find a decent priced one....

#68 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

Buy it now, 29.99 with 11.99 shipping.... They are still pretty affordable and this is in the ballpark for what these trailers usually sell for. Hope this helps!
http://www.ebay.com/...=item589391d3ed

This one's a few more dollars.
http://www.ebay.com/...=item20c53021c1

There're usually two or three on eBay at a time. These are the same kits as the old moving van trailers, just redecaled... If you don't do eBay, I buy and sell so I could help you out...

Edited by Wagoneer81, 07 May 2012 - 11:15 AM.