#2361 ZombieHunter26

ZombieHunter26

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Full Name:Rob

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

So I've been watching this threat closely... and decided to join. Actualy, thanks to this topic, I have 3 new models on my shelf. Starting my own little collection of zombie patrol vehichles.
I want to build a scene to display the cars with, and I need people to complete it.
Anyone know where I can get 1/24th or 1/25th scale figures?

That's a dilemma we all face- lack of g-scale or 1:24 figures. try ulrich mini-men, they're basics and need putty filling on the joints, but it's a start. also, Sixx is working on some zombie figs to start casting.dunno how long he's gonna be on that though :P

#2362 Butcher

Butcher

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Full Name:Kyle Mcgregor

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

Thanks ZombieHunter.
Sey, Yall mind if I join in on the fun? Buildin these has been alot more fun lately than build 4x4's or rat rods.
I got afew complete and two undergoing surgery right now.

#2363 ZombieHunter26

ZombieHunter26

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Full Name:Rob

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

We can always use more builders in this thread! More people building means more awesome pics to look at. You should post the vehicles you've built so far thanks to the thread, Kyle!

#2364 Butcher

Butcher

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

Here are two builds inspired by this thread.
First is my '55 Chevy pick up. I added a flame thrower to the passanger side, a gun in the box, a blade up up front to mow down what ever zombie get sin the way. the missing gas cap got replaced with a red rag and added asheet metal door to replace the rusted shut door.
The second is part toyota and part I dont even know what. Gull wing style zombie-proof doors and a escape hatch were instealled along with swiviling chairs. Some sort of monstrous bladeds on the front to cut down the undead along with massive spikes to impale.
I've had alot more fun build these lately and still have afew more to go. I'll post the next one I start.Attached File  DSC00848.JPG   2.41MB   50 downloads
Attached File  DSC00856.JPG   2.54MB   52 downloads

#2365 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,408 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

More pics of both please Kyle. I like what I see. I wish we'd gotten the WIP pics.

#2366 otherunicorn

otherunicorn

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Stone

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2367 Butcher

Butcher

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:48 AM

I can certainly do that. Thanks again for all the inspiration guy's, your all doin some really great work. And thank you Dr. Cranky for comming up with the idea.
Here's the Chev again, it's also been converted to 4x4, a winch mounted to the roof and the air cleaner was made from an oil pan. Also added a sheet of steel behind the cab that moves up and down, to stop any stray bullets from hitting the driver or passanger
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Toyota's windsheild was made to look like the safety glass on a bank truck.
The gun in the box of the Chevy is the only weapen I have sadly. So all my vehicles are getting outfitted with sharp edges and saw/chain wheel blades.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2368 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,408 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:56 AM

I do like that Datsun! Very cool.

#2369 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,421 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:11 AM

Kyle, I love those builds. Thanks for sharing them, I copied some of the pics over to the next PROGRESS VIDEO.

Joe, thanks for the revised list. We are holding steady at 123 builders so far. That's a great response indeed.

And to think we have about 6 months to go! :wub:

#2370 TimberWolf429

TimberWolf429

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Full Name:Dennis Leo

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

I can certainly do that. Thanks again for all the inspiration guy's, your all doin some really great work. And thank you Dr. Cranky for comming up with the idea.
Here's the Chev again, it's also been converted to 4x4, a winch mounted to the roof and the air cleaner was made from an oil pan. Also added a sheet of steel behind the cab that moves up and down, to stop any stray bullets from hitting the driver or passanger
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Toyota's windsheild was made to look like the safety glass on a bank truck.
The gun in the box of the Chevy is the only weapen I have sadly. So all my vehicles are getting outfitted with sharp edges and saw/chain wheel blades.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

you know, almost all the weapons on the Widow Maker are scratch built, it aint as hard as it looks

#2371 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,421 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ken, this is looking pretty wild and fabulous already, hope you keep it going.

#2372 Butcher

Butcher

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

I'll give a shot at making a few more guns. Could use a few more vehicles up front with some fire power.

#2373 62rebel

62rebel

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

i'm not involved in this...

#2374 otherunicorn

otherunicorn

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Stone

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

You are now.....

#2375 UberDeath322

UberDeath322

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Zelanis

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Thus the '?' by your name. Thank you for letting me know. You have been removed from the list. Although I have a similar process and thinking to Ken's. You're now involved! You may not be building, but you're enjoying. And that is always a good thing. There is still plenty of time left. If you decide that you do want to build, just let me know and I will add you back on.

#2376 Agent G

Agent G

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Gray

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

I started another build. Pics tomorrow as I have been taken quite ill this evening.

I had a NASCAR kit which suffered horrendous damage I assume in packaging as the box was intact and factory wrapped. Well, a sawcut here, sanding there, new wheels and a primer coat have begun what should be a interesting road car.

Stay tuned.

G

#2377 outlaw035

outlaw035

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Full Name:neal

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:19 AM

well i glad to say the Zombie Annihilation Vehicle (Z.A.V.)...is ready to rock and roll.. i just finished applying some army unit decals and pic soon to follow...

#2378 Zarana-X

Zarana-X

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Full Name:Jason Smith

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

"Jason Smith - finally registered after two weeks of lurking" How could you tell that? :o
Anyhow, Dr. Cranky said I should share these here, Although they're more finalized rebuilds, and not entirely new. I tend to build cars as they could have appeared in The Road Warrior, not overly armored, or armed, no zombie protection... Mostly dangerous looking hot rods.
First is the Wasteland 57 Chevy. Built from 3 different cars, 2 Chevy Bel-Airs and a Corvette. It offers front and rear crash protection/anti-personell bumpers.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2379 Zarana-X

Zarana-X

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

Next, I have a early 80's Toyota Soarer. Overseas, this was Toyota's competitor to Nissan's Skyline. It has a straight-6 turbocharged engine, salvaged Russian machine gun, protective armor bumper and wheel arches, handholds for the gunnere, radio equipment and storage racks.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2380 Zarana-X

Zarana-X

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

Next I have my re-rebuild of Fujimi's Mad Police Destroyer. I got this kit when I was probably 12 or 13. The kit makes no mention of what the cars are, but I have researched it and have found this to be a Nissan Cedric 430, they were a semi-luxury car, often used as police cars or taxis. I've tried to restore this kit to resemble the boxart.
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Zarana-X, 02 April 2012 - 09:37 AM.