#2541 ZombieHunter26

ZombieHunter26

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Full Name:Rob

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

+HEPHAESTUS is not done yet, but it's well on it's way.

Here's some pics showing the starting of the graphics, and the blood spray from the mowing down of zombie hordes.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
more past the break...

#2542 ZombieHunter26

ZombieHunter26

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

BURN BABY BURN!

I'm thinking of a driver for this one, nicknamed 'Aphrodite'. Y'know, since the actual greek god Hephaestus' consort -was- Aphrodite :P

I'll have to find an appropriate figure for this one!

#2543 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,412 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Beautiful work, Rob. I copied the pictures to the next TZH SQUAD video update.

#2544 ZombieHunter26

ZombieHunter26

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Thanks Doc!

I'll be doing little bits here and there until it's done, still need to weather some parts, fix up some 'pop-offs' that happened during the photo shooting, and make the graphics pop just a little better...

Then maybe order the welder chick once she's in 1/25th scale, and modify her to be the "Aphrodite" to +HEPHAESTUS :P

I'm thinking this one's gonna be deserving of a diorama base. But we'll have to see, time allowing of course.

#2545 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,412 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Stay tuned in for another TZH SQUAD update video . . .

#2546 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,412 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

Here's the new update. Enjoy it. Those of you who did not make it to this video update, will make it to the next.

#2547 ZombieHunter26

ZombieHunter26

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

My poor attempts at photo editing, to turn the blank casting of Sasha into Aphrodite (or a similar rendering thereof :P)
Posted Image

She'll look similar to this, but just a little more scraped up and dirty :D

They need to hurry up on releasing her in 1/25th.

#2548 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

nice rendition of Sasha! I like the inkwork on her belly... That'll be a tricky decal to place!

#2549 ZombieHunter26

ZombieHunter26

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

nice rendition of Sasha! I like the inkwork on her belly... That'll be a tricky decal to place!

Thanks Chris! I could have done the edit better given more time, but I just cranked it out in 15 minutes to give myself and you guys a general idea of what I'm gonna try and go for!

On the same note, I'm going to find pictures of the figures I will be using as drivers for a select few vehicles (I'm only going to give a few of them the full treatment of a diorama base, permanently and underneath a glass dust cover) that I deem worthy of the effort, and edit them to look like the charactes behind them. Look for some more edits in the future!

At the moment, I've only decided on a few from this CBP and all but one of my technicals from my other CBP.

Speaking of, I need to find some "good ol' boys" for my confederate technical... :huh:

P.S. I may be raffling the OTHER builds of mine off to a lucky participant of this CBP to clear space on my display rack... but I haven't decided just yet. I know of at least ONE person on here that may end up with 'em :P

#2550 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,412 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:20 AM

Good job, Rob. Archer has a couple of great tattoo decal sheets that would be perfect. And they are going to release her in 1/24th scale.

#2551 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts
  • Full Name:Tony

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

Cool build, Rob!

Nice weathering there, Donn...can't wait to see you get this together!

Thanks for the update Video, Doc (& Eyegore)...Cool to see my build in there! :)

I gotta find me more bench time...haven't had nearly enough lately. Life just getting in the way!! All good!!

#2552 LoneWolf15

LoneWolf15

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

Thanks , T

Stripped all the kit chrome this morning , now I have to remove all the mold lines , glue the exhaust stacks and fuel tanks together and seal off the seam lines . Next up , shooting the parts with aluminum metallizer and start scratch building the rear platform .

Real eye opener at the hobby shop today when Bob rang up the the scratch building supplies!

#2553 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,412 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

It adds up, doesn't it. I just dropped over a hundred dollars in supplies myself today. It's all for a good cause, right? :lol:

#2554 ZombieHunter26

ZombieHunter26

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

I'm gonna be dropping about that much come pay day (my first big check finally comes in next week) on stuff I've got on hold from the CLEARANCE rack at the LHS...

Two nice big display cases for the two dioramas that I'm gonna be making, some plastruct crater sheets, ballast, brick will sheets, and some flocking/foliage.

On a slightly related note, I've been holding out on you guys again...(I do this from time to time)

I have yet another secret build I've been cooking up over the course of the month. Building it wasn't the problem, it was coming up with the idea...

I bought (before I found out that I could have gotten an entire kit from Tamiya) a 1/25 Toyota Trueno body from a model racing shop while I was in Myrtle beach. Needless to say I built it curbside because of the thickness of the bodywork, because trying to remove the hood and make it workable would have taken WAY to much time. (and I probably would have sliced a finger off in the process)

I've got it sitting on the bench drying in primer.

I'll let you guys squirm a bit in the anticipation of seeing what I've done with it :P

....I'll post pictures soon.

#2555 LoneWolf15

LoneWolf15

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

It adds up, doesn't it. I just dropped over a hundred dollars in supplies myself today. It's all for a good cause, right? :lol:

Oh ! So addiction is now considered a good cause ? Lol ! I dropped about the same , Virg . Sanded down all the formerly chrome plated parts, total pain in the behind !

Hope to have it all in metallizer tomorrow morning and weathered . Slow but sure .....

#2556 001slick001

001slick001

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Full Name:august carter

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

Here's the exo-cage I did. In hindsight I should have pulled it in much closer to the body.

Posted Image

Posted Image
hey Jantix remember this car? that was such a fun build.

Edited by 001slick001, 26 April 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#2557 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,412 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:11 AM

Looking forward to it, Donn, and everyone. As we head into the fun summer months, I hope you all keep in mind that although there's plenty of time to complete one or several of these builds, it's my job (rather, GENERAL EYEGORE's job!) to rally the troops. And so, of those of you on the fence about joining in, it is never too late.

Besides, here's a picture that I know will get you to fight on the right side of the Zombie Hunting Wars . . .

Posted Image

#2558 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,412 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:13 AM

August, wonderful builds, I copied them to the archives for the next video update. Thanks for keeping the eye candy coming.

#2559 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,188 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:50 AM

hey Jantix remember this car? that was such a fun build.

Yeah, that was a great build off. Lots of great ideas.

#2560 Foxer

Foxer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,946 posts
  • Full Name:Mike DeRagon

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

a very small update as I've been waiting for some parts. I did come upon a shovel I plan to make into a bomber seat. It has the right size and shape and just needs some sheet wrapped around it for a back.

The cylinders are for the seat swivel (the short ones) and the machine gun swivel mount, the long one. The seams are tough to see, but they were just made from two tubes. The shaft has a larger tube slice glued to the base while the sleeve has a smaller tube half it's length glued toward the top. The sleeve will glue to the floor and trap the base, allowing the shaft to rotate. I almost think I should have sketched it up to be clearer. Coming up with a solution like this is what I love about this hobby ... simple and effective. :)

Posted Image