#2762 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,317 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:43 AM

I have sort of run out of steam on modeling for a while boys and girls. Got lots of stuff going on at work (odd shifts that keep changing) and at home (house hunting) and just keeps stealing my free time so I never really get into that zone where things get accomplished. I'll be back when things calm down. Keep building.

Also I won't be at the IPMS Nats in Orlando after all. I'm not an IPMS member and I'm not going to pay to join just to enter the show.

#2763 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,418 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

Rob, that happens to all of us every once in a while. Hope to see you get back to the styrene. Good luck.

#2764 ARTEMIS1759

ARTEMIS1759

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Full Name:TJ Bender

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

Sorry to here that Rob. Good Luck. Here is my frame extension in the beginning stages:
Posted Image

#2765 TimberWolf429

TimberWolf429

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Full Name:Dennis Leo

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

Here we go, some new progress from Donn Yost. This thing is looking ready for some Zombie Killing!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This thing looks like a truly brutal monstrosity, I love it!!!! Please let Don know that I think it rocks

Edited by TimberWolf429, 31 May 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#2766 TimberWolf429

TimberWolf429

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

Thanks Dennis. This build is a first for me on quite a few parts and mods.

No prob, anything I can do to help other people enjoy this hobby as much as I do, just makes me enjoy it more. To tell you the truth, the Widow Maker was the first post apocalyptic vehicle I ever tried, and I think it came out looking really good, you just gotta go with you're gut, and let the creativity flow into the model. Keep the truck coming, it's gonna be one mean looking Mack that'll put the Rubber Duck's to shame

Edited by TimberWolf429, 31 May 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#2767 TimberWolf429

TimberWolf429

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

The Heartland Model Car Nationals will be on the 9th and 10th of June, I'll be getting as many photos as I can, and I'm trying to get my mud trucks ready for the show. My Widow Maker will be in it, I also have a 1984 Ford Bronco, 1991 lifted Ford F-250, 1975 Chevy K-5 Blazer, and a salvaged 1956 Ford pickup that'll be in the show. Can't wait to attend the show, and share the styrene beauties with you all!!!

#2768 ARTEMIS1759

ARTEMIS1759

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

Littl bit of mock up. Trying to figure out what to use for the top turret. I have a few of the lowboy electrical transformers that seem to be the right height. The bed is just a livestock trailer roof. Though the length and width are close.
Posted Image
I want to get the cab to set about this high and these tires.
Posted Image

Edited by ARTEMIS1759, 01 June 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#2769 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,028 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

I'm actually building this in another CBP, but I thought Cranky's Mad Gremlin couldn't be the only post-apoc Gremmie, so I'm whipping up a little somethin'.
Posted Image

#2770 Hippie

Hippie

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Full Name:Erik H

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

Hi, sorry I haven't worked on this in a while but I got some done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2771 Hippie

Hippie

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Full Name:Erik H

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

and a few more.....

Got the rims done:

Posted Image

And started some sort of electric machine gun thing, to be mounted on the car.

Posted Image

Thanks for looking and keep up the good work.

Edited by Hippie, 02 June 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#2772 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,418 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

Great stuff, my friends. I will add these photos to the next UPDATE VIDEO. Thank you.

#2773 otherunicorn

otherunicorn

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Stone

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

So this would be for those that like their zombies well cooked?

I'm actually building this in another CBP, but I thought Cranky's Mad Gremlin couldn't be the only post-apoc Gremmie, so I'm whipping up a little somethin'.
Posted Image

#2774 ARTEMIS1759

ARTEMIS1759

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:26 AM

Updates, Updates! Everything is looking good from you guys. Hopefully mine will turn out that good. I need to do some casting for a .50 cal ma duece and such. But this is where I am now. I took the big step and no turnin' back now. The turret looks a little off but is actually centered in the cab. Shaved a bit much off one side so I will need to infill.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I took the lowboy trailer kit and hacked the center section out which made it perfect lenth. Then I plan to hack apart some of the transformers to build the roof turret section. Got the tires and wheels figured out thanks to Dave at AITM. We also figured cab mounts need raised and possible suspension lift. We'll see.

Edited by ARTEMIS1759, 03 June 2012 - 07:28 AM.

#2775 Foxer

Foxer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,980 posts
  • Full Name:Mike DeRagon

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

I'm loving the look of that "boiler" inserted into the cab!

#2776 TimberWolf429

TimberWolf429

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

Updates, Updates! Everything is looking good from you guys. Hopefully mine will turn out that good. I need to do some casting for a .50 cal ma duece and such. But this is where I am now. I took the big step and no turnin' back now. The turret looks a little off but is actually centered in the cab. Shaved a bit much off one side so I will need to infill.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I took the lowboy trailer kit and hacked the center section out which made it perfect lenth. Then I plan to hack apart some of the transformers to build the roof turret section. Got the tires and wheels figured out thanks to Dave at AITM. We also figured cab mounts need raised and possible suspension lift. We'll see.

it appears that the c channel is working well for you, looks great, can't wait to see this truck done.

#2777 jamesG

jamesG

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Full Name:James gaughenbaugh

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

I'd like in in this if it's ok. But I been a little help. What can I use for guns? I'd like a quad 50 or twin minigun but would consider something else. The build would be in 1:25 scale.

#2778 Foxer

Foxer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,980 posts
  • Full Name:Mike DeRagon

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

I'm at a major point in this build .. the finicky engine is finally together! It just got a black wash which needs some q-tip cleanup ant some touch up but I can now move on! :) The sink marks on the carbs really jumps out at ya in these photos but will be more subdued as a whole and gonna just live with them. I originally thought they would end up on the inside. :(

The body is in salt .. decided that will be the look once I decide on a final color . :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2779 TimberWolf429

TimberWolf429

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

I'd like in in this if it's ok. But I been a little help. What can I use for guns? I'd like a quad 50 or twin minigun but would consider something else. The build would be in 1:25 scale.

You could try to use small gage sprew, and drilling them out, as well as drilling the support structure for the muzzles so as the barrels can easily fit threw, iether that, or you may need to get some small copper pipe, and I mean really small.

#2780 jamesG

jamesG

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Full Name:James gaughenbaugh

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

You could try to use small gage sprew, and drilling them out, as well as drilling the support structure for the muzzles so as the barrels can easily fit threw, iether that, or you may need to get some small copper pipe, and I mean really small.

Thanks, but I was hoping for something other than scratch building. The only thing I've seen for models is in1:32 I just don't know what's out there for military stuff, it could even be from a toy.