Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hay bandit1, I was jsut looking at your Icon or you Avatar there, SO,...what does it mean to you if anything ?,..Or is it just burning Dump Truck,,And if it is,..

here is one you might wont,..I know its not about you post as well,.But Just though maybe I would interest you is all...

BA-Motivation204-2004-1.jpg

Ian

that icon...MY STEPDAD IS A FIREFIGHTER...and THATS ONE OF THERE TRUCKS ...from the website

it looks like the rat roadster kit will be a kit released in late 2012 (for all i know that could be 2 years down the road)

and it has a kit number! :P :P :P

and i qoute from an email

"At this time the Rat Roaster, kit #85-4995 is scheduled for late 2012 release."

• 3 weeks later...

New update!

and i qoute from an email....yes you can preorder it now! (i suppose...i never looked yet but it is priced)

Sean,

No, this isn’t on our website at this time since, it hasn’t been made yet.

However, if you are interested in this kit you may visit this website at www.omnimodels.com or you may call 1-800-342-6464 and see if you can pre-order the kit.

This is what is shown on their website.

Revell Consumer Services

Angie

Yeah, that doesn't say much, but I did notice on Omni's 'site they list most of the re-issued kits (Tony Nancy 2x kit, Ed Roth kits, etc.) as February through April releases, so I think it's reasonable to expect the new kits such as the '57 Ford, '50 Olds, and Rat Roaster to be hit store shelves in June or later.

Bandit...it will be all new tooling from what I understand. The decision to add this to their catalog was taken shortly before the October '11 Hobby Show, again from what I understand, so it will be some time before the kit appears (I usuallly plan on about a year, if there are no problems requiring retooling before it is released).

This kit should have a number of pretty cool parts that will make it well worth waiting for. But if it was me doing it, I would substitute a blown 5.0L Ford engine for the lame SBC in the 1.1 scale car. (Until we start to see lots of '69 Camaros with 5.0L Ford engines, Chevy engines have no business being in Ford street rods. That's my POV and I'm sticking to it! :)

TIM

Edited by tim boyd

Tim, Amen to that I am soooo tired of seeing an SBC in everything. Ford & the other companies have made some pretty good engines over the years. I always enjoy seeing anything but a SBC in a rod or custom. Don't get me wrong Chevy made a darn good engine there, it's just nice to see something else.

Bandit...it will be all new tooling from what I understand. The decision to add this to their catalog was taken shortly before the October '11 Hobby Show, again from what I understand, so it will be some time before the kit appears (I usuallly plan on about a year, if there are no problems requiring retooling before it is released).

This kit should have a number of pretty cool parts that will make it well worth waiting for. But if it was me doing it, I would substitute a blown 5.0L Ford engine for the lame SBC in the 1.1 scale car. (Until we start to see lots of '69 Camaros with 5.0L Ford engines, Chevy engines have no business being in Ford street rods. That's my POV and I'm sticking to it! :)

TIM

That is pretty much what Revell told me at IHOBBY. They had done the photo shoot at the end of the GEARZ contest. It will be a new tool.

Unlike Tim, I have no problems with Chevy engines in 32 Fords B)

They're everywhere, they're everywhere!

IMG_5259.jpg

Greg....my point exactly. They've become the "knee jerk" powertrain solution for '32 Ford builds. I have no issue with historic hot rod replicas/recreations based in the late 1950's through mid 1960's when 283 and 327 Chevy engines really were the best choice for 1/1 scale builders. First Gen Early OHV V-8's (Hemis, Olds, Buick Nailheads, and Ford/LIncoln Y-Blocks) are all cool as well. But beyond those genres, Ford engines should be found in Ford street rods. If you're in the 1940's or early 1950's, there's many great Ford Flathead V8 choices; beyond the mid 1960's there's 289, 351W, 351C, 427,428, 429, and 460 Fords that all are better choices than SBC's for 1/1 scale and 1/25th scale Ford street rods.

1/1 scale Street Rods have become way too generic,and plopping in an SBC just adds to the generic-ness. People always used to defend their SBC's by saying they were less expensive than Fords, and could be made to run faster than Fords, and fit the '32 Ford engine compartment better than Fords. That was all true for many years, but it's no longer true now - the 5.0L Ford V8 has literally revolutionized the engine aftermarket over the last 20 years, and Ford engines won both categories in this year's Popular Hot Rodding Magazine Maxiumum Horsepower Builders competition.

I realize many disagree with me on this, but that's my view and I'm holding to it. At least until we see a bunch of Ford 5.0L V8-powered '69 Camaros and Tri-Five Chevies materialize!

Best regards...TIM

Edited by tim boyd

Many years ago the "what engine in what car is exceptable?", question came up during one of our monthly Moonlight Modlers Meetings. The vehicle in question was a 1:1 '70's Baracuda. The owner wanted to put a HEMI in it.

A 392 early HEMI.

No one could get through to this guy. Long on money short on brains. Several meetings later, guess what? He shows up with his early (1950's) 392 HEMI powered 1970's Barcuda. It did fit. It did run.

After building this a few meetings later I just placed it on the table. Only one other member got it.

DSCF0184.jpg?t=1242010620

Edited by Greg Myers

• 11 months later...