Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can-do (restore-project)

Well as i promised you guys months ago!!lLol Between my farm and my future wife !! Here we go This started out as a glue bomb i bought off ebay it was really ugly the sleeper i replaced it was melted from glue and the whole truck was flat black with the can-do stripes backwards i noticed this as the decals didnt match the sleeper handles!! Well anyway i stripped this whole thing down to the frame which was crooked and warped!!Then i started working stripping all the paint which was flat black!! And nasty arcylic colors! Then i started rebuilding and sanding the cab body, hood rebuilt the frame made the tag axle functional up and down . Opened and hinged all the compartments made them functional!! And made the sleeper doors open and the roof of sleeper! Then i unglued all the down riggers and rotater boom which was glued and non - functional so i have the the hood ,cab and sleeper decaled and clear coated havent got to the bed it is next!! Thanx to jardas pics of his can--do wrecker pics I think Iam getting the decals in the proper place Here we go guys heres pics from when i started to where i am at now The recent pics are just mock ups

Edited by pete3522

Special thanks to Tim iam going to use your advice and start at the hood I always start at the cab and have alignment issues and your trucks are awesome hope i can get as good as you and jarda I am using you wrecker build pics for refrences Thanx to all you guys!!Your awesome!!!

I will post more future pics as i said these are just mock pics and i know the stack is to high they are actually sleeves they fit over the top of the itarali stacks i am going to use i am also going to make a nice chrome drop visor as seen on a can-do restore pic any help or refrence pics or comments are greatly appreciated as said this aint out of the box i spent 3 days just scraping and clearing glue!!

ty it still has along way to but as you can see its getting there i was going to do the the airline wiring thing as you do but between all the the body work i am just letting that go for now and as in your forum the small etched decals suck but i made a post on another forum i belong to and got 2 decal sheets so i had a little more room for errors which helped but as you can see i havent got to the wrecker body yet between me opening the doors and alot more of those etched stipes it could be trying???lol

Edited by pete3522

I also found ot that this kit has alot of 379 parts but also give you frame and wheel and other options to build this kit as a road tractor. But i guess some couldnot recognive this that is why none of the parts match up?????????????Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh