Scored a Truck 'Junkyard'. Gonna be busy...

• You cannot reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic

#1 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

I did some horse trading with my buddy who owns the LHS in Muncie and brought these home for a steal!

There is also a large box of parts. Whatever parts these trucks are missing can be found in that box. These are all 'Complete' they just need some TLC...

On the right, is an AMT gravel trailer... The K-100 Aerodyne has had the back half of the frame crushed. That's ok, I have plans for whats left...
Posted Image

Three 4300's... The blue kit has air-ride susp. the Yellow one is equipped with a Hendrickson walking-beam set up...
Posted Image

Two Paystar 5000's and a Pete 352. The Paystar on the right was a log truck. The parts are in the partsbox...
Posted Image

Two of my Grail Kits!!! Need I say more?!?
Posted Image

And the final International... Can anyone tell me about this one? It looks like a 2500 series but I've not seen this kit before...
Posted Image

Well, all I can say is that I'm as tickled as a man in a bag of feathers... I'm going to be busy for a while restoring these. Aquiring this collection has breathed new life into this hobby for me. I've already started tearing down the blue/white and Yellow trucks and hope to have updates for you very soon!

#2 txdieseldog

txdieseldog

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Full Name:Barry Bond

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

Chris, it is a 2500 series. dont remember the exact model because the one I have was put into storage in a zip-lock and the box tossed to save space. (worst decision I ever made) :wacko: One of these guys will know. It is the ERTL line.

#3 txdieseldog

txdieseldog

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Full Name:Barry Bond

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:53 AM

BTW.............Awesome acquisition!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could find a stash like that.

#4 ranma

ranma

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Full Name:Rick Hainline

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:54 AM

The s-series is the 2575 ver. are you willing to part with any of the IH's pm me I may have something you'd like a unbuilt semi.

#5 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

The s-series is the 2575 ver. are you willing to part with any of the IH's pm me I may have something you'd like a unbuilt semi.

Thanks for the info on the 2575. I am going to hang onto all of them for a while... I have a hard time getting rid of models anymore... I've let too many go that, later on I wish I had kept...

#6 camaro73

camaro73

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Harmon

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

Good score! You have plenty to keep you going for a long time.

#7 ranma

ranma

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

Thanks for the info on the 2575. I am going to hang onto all of them for a while... I have a hard time getting rid of models anymore... I've let too many go that, later on I wish I had kept...

cant blame me for try'n I collect them cause thats where my dad worked Harvester not ertl. have 14 trucks,9 scout ll's and the 1466 series tractor model.

#8 jacobus

jacobus

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Full Name:jacobus a vd kemp

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:14 AM

in my hobbyroom its the same line of trucks that must be restored
and love the old transtar
the guy said take it otherwise i trow it away collga truckdriver he know i collect and building models
if i got time and home
jacobus

#9 Turbo590

Turbo590

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Full Name:K. McLucas

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:15 AM

Great score...there is alot of potential there

Kurt

#10 Missing in Action

Missing in Action

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Full Name:Roy Lingefelt

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:18 AM

A great score For sure Chris!!!......Lucky!!!!!

#11 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

Here's a few more pics for your viewing pleasure...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Wagoneer81, 12 January 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#12 mackinac359

mackinac359

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Ahlborn

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

Nice score! Plenty of possibilities with these.

Tim

#13 Kustom Rodder

Kustom Rodder

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Full Name:mike hall

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

Bring these trucks back to life i have always liked the paystar dumptruck and nice score.

#14 disabled modeler

disabled modeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

Nice score Chris!

#15 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

Thanks guys, I knew you'd all appreciate these. I'm still giddy over this deal... I have all sorts of ideas for these. I have a second unbuilt gravel trailer... I'm going to scratchbuild a tandem dolly and make up a set of gravel doubles... I'm seriouly thinking about cutting down the Paystar logger to pull them. I have a resin front-drive axle and transfer case... Hmmm..... I could use the logger hardware on another chassis without any difficulty... the 2500 series is going to get a 24' low-side bed and markings for a steel salvage/scrap company... The Paystar dump is going to get painted red and I'm going to fabricate a 3rd tag axle for it. Both Transtar COE's will be restored in stock configuration. One will get a van trailer and the other will pull one of my tanker trailers. The 352 Pete will get cut down to single-screw configuration and will be built as a mobile home tugger... I may use the logging gear on one of the 4300's... somewhere I have a 36" sleeper that may end up gracing one nof the other 4300's... As for the K100, I'll bash it with a W900 'snap kit', lengthen the frame to take a 10' condo behind the cab and build a matching 40' dropdeck for it... YAY!!!

I started tearing down the blue/white 4300 and found everything that was missing off of it in the parts box... The chrome parts are soaking in Windex and I'm working on straightening the frame....

And one final question... Several of these trucks are equipped with 903 Cummins engines. Has anyone ever done an article on detailing this engine?

Edited by Wagoneer81, 12 January 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#16 scummy

scummy

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Harmer

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:02 AM

A 4070A COE TRANSTAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey i didnt know that the 4300's had two different rear suspensions ? Knew that the coe transtars had different suspensions but not 43.

#17 ranma

ranma

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:26 AM

A 4070A COE TRANSTAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey i didnt know that the 4300's had two different rear suspensions ? Knew that the coe transtars had different suspensions but not 43.

You sir are right! the light blue one is a 4200(4270) which was changed into the 4300 kit as the 4070 a was into the transtar ll kit.

#18 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

You sir are right! the light blue one is a 4200(4270) which was changed into the 4300 kit as the 4070 a was into the transtar ll kit.

-Well, that certainly cleared up that little mystery for me... I wrote this information down in my build notes... Thanks, Rick!

-Scummy, I should have been playing poker the night I got these... When I pulled that 4070A Transtar out of the box right after I found the Transtar II... and realized what it was... I actually got goosebumps and just a little dizzy... Like I said, those are TWO of my four Grail-kits.

#19 jekylljr

jekylljr

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Full Name:steve lyons

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

niceeee score!!! u will be busy for awhile look forward to some wip pics

#20 Madd Trucker

Madd Trucker

MCM Ohana