#21 64SS350

64SS350

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Full Name:Karl Bates

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

Sure do! That's what got me back into modeling, using the bodies for drag racing. My local track has all scales, H.O., 1/32 magnetic, 1/24. Has 5 different tracks to choose from with many different classes to participate in. Many stamped steel chassis, FCR brass chassis, and Retro classes where you build the cars from brass and piano wire, all classes are a lot of fun.
It's great building the models, then I get to see it in action, not just sitting on a shelf.

#22 gbdolfans

gbdolfans

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Full Name:George Bluhm

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

Oh the memories!!!!
I used to go to a store that was part of a chain.They had 5 or 6 tracks.I had a Cox controller and several Cox cars.
I also had a Manta Ray, Cox Chapperall? and several other cars,motors,parts ETC....

#23 iBorg

iBorg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

I'm debating getting into HO. No one near me seems to race which is a limiting factor. The neaest other track to mine (if I actually built it) would currently be about an hour or and hour and a half away. With my limited time (son active in Boy Scouts, I'm an assistaint Scoutmaster and a daughter in competitive gymnastics) and I'd like to actually build models) that too much communting for a competition. I'm aware of active clubs three or so hours away but just can't commit the time and the money to it.

Maybe when I retire or the kids are in college.

#24 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,838 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

I'm debating getting into HO. No one near me seems to race which is a limiting factor. The neaest other track to mine (if I actually built it) would currently be about an hour or and hour and a half away. With my limited time (son active in Boy Scouts, I'm an assistaint Scoutmaster and a daughter in competitive gymnastics) and I'd like to actually build models) that too much communting for a competition. I'm aware of active clubs three or so hours away but just can't commit the time and the money to it.

Maybe when I retire or the kids are in college.

Posted ImageStick with the Boy Scouts, my Son made Eagle.