35 replies to this topic

#1 58 Impala

58 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

Has anyone out there ordered anything from them? They have good prices and I was thinking about buying from them.

#2 bad0210

bad0210

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Full Name:brandon dove

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:52 PM

yes. very good deals. thats where i order my tamiya paint.

#3 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,018 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

I have not yet, they have alot of kits I want that are hard to get here, but with the cost of shipping to the states, I am going to wait and order a few kits at the same time.

But I have not heard anything bad about them yet,

#4 majel

majel

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Owen

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

I have had great luck with hobbylinc, they carry a great selection of paints and send out your order very quickly.

#5 JamesW

JamesW

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Full Name:James WastaWTF

Curb Appeal M.C.C. President

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

I have placed 2 orders with them so far, waiting for the second to come in now. Great service.

#6 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

I have not yet, they have alot of kits I want that are hard to get here, but with the cost of shipping to the states, I am going to wait and order a few kits at the same time.

But I have not heard anything bad about them yet,

I think you might be thinking about Hobby Link Japan. this thread is about HobbyLinc.com. They are in Atlanta Georgia.

#7 Dirty Gringo

Dirty Gringo

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Full Name:Jeremiah Gordon

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

Yes I love that site

#8 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,018 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

I think you might be thinking about Hobby Link Japan. this thread is about HobbyLinc.com. They are in Atlanta Georgia.

Ahh my mistake, my mind thought of the japan one, sorry for casuing any confusion, Ben thanks for pointing that out, now I wont look like I am off my rocker :lol: :lol:

Edited by martinfan5, 17 January 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#9 Guest_Johnny_*

Guest_Johnny_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

Bought lots of kits off them! Great Prices and a Class act! B)

#10 SuperStockAndy

SuperStockAndy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts
  • Full Name:Andy "Android" Conn

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

Great place. I just received my order from them today, as a matter of fact.

#11 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Sumner Sr.

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

They sell vegetables?

#12 Danny Lectro

Danny Lectro

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Full Name:formerly bronxrumble5

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

I ordered from them once, with no problems. The only issue is that they take a long time from the time of your order until they ship - about a week in my case. It's a good option if you don't have any time constraints. I would order from them again.

#13 MikeMc

MikeMc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

I am not impressed with them at all. The prices are good...Tamiya paints (if stocked) best $$ around. I live one day away from them (UPS) but it will take from 7 to ten days to get the order. I get parts from Dennis @ model express in two days....from the exact other end of the country. They are INTERNET based only...rude on the phone if you want any info OTHER than spend more money, sir?????

No thank you I will pass.....Thier packing for shipping is some of the worst in the hobby...but you get what you pay for.

I ran a Picking , packing , and shipping crew of 65 in a wholesale hardware warehouse...and was UPS trained to teach packing, so I will spend with other vendors like tower, who pack correctly, ship promptly, and rarely make errors...over 150 orders, only 2 screw ups..One mine...One theres.. free shipping over $30. works well

#14 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

Oh C'mon Ian..or Phil...which is it? Don't you see the humorous irony in your spelling errors? "produces" and "beets"? :D

#15 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

Roger!

#16 Aaronw

Aaronw

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • Full Name:Aaron

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

I've only ordered from them once so far, but no complaints on that order. I will be ordering from them again in the future.

#17 Monty

Monty

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Full Name:Monty

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

I originally found them when I was looking for cheaper prices on Tamiya spray paint. At the time, they were charging $2.50 less per can than some of their competitors, so I loaded up on some colors I wanted for future projects. In addition to these lacquer paints, I found they also carried acrylics and enamels (including Humbrol!) at very low prices.

OTOH, I'm going to agree with most of what Danny and Mike said in posts 13 & 15, respectively. I placed an order for some Humbrol paints (all in stock) on the 14th, and my status update shows it hasn't even been picked yet. Unlike Mike, I haven't had a packing issue with them yet, so I tell myself the one-stop shopping and the lower prices help offset their apparent lack of urgency.

#18 JamesW

JamesW

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Full Name:James WastaWTF

Curb Appeal M.C.C. President

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

Monty, keep in mind they're closed on Sundays, and they were closed on Monday due to the holiday.

This last order I placed in Dec. and is just now being picked, but some items I ordered were out of stock.

#19 Old Sprinter

Old Sprinter

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Meaders

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:39 AM

I have ordered supplies from them atleast once a month, for the past year. Good prices; takes about a week or so to get your stuff from the time you order. They have a huge selection.

#20 Monty

Monty

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Full Name:Monty

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:47 AM

Monty, keep in mind they're closed on Sundays, and they were closed on Monday due to the holiday.

This last order I placed in Dec. and is just now being picked, but some items I ordered were out of stock.

I'll cede your point on Monday being a holiday, but my four previous orders from Hobbylinc went the same way. Even though the product has always been in stock, my orders have never even been picked until at least two days after having been placed*. Here's the counter to that: I can also buy Humbrol enamels and Tamiya lacquer spray paints from RedFrog at slightly higher prices (about 20¢ - 50¢ per item). If the order is placed early enough, it will usually ship same day.

* Looks like Hobbylinc changed their home page. They used to have some sort of disclaimer about slow turnaround time.

Edited by Monty, 18 January 2012 - 06:20 PM.