Model Cars Magazine Forum

New issue on the news stands.............

My DEC issue came yesterday. That's the most current one I'm aware of.

That is funny because my November issue showed up about 10 days ago. It was reported in our newspaper that the USPS has changed the way our mail is sorted here in Charlotte and there have been delays in dated mail being delivered. Just last week I got a notice from Sears for a big Craftsman Club sale and I was excited until I saw it was for Dec 18 thru Dec 24!

Not much I can do about when the USPS delivers the mail, just hope that it arrives in decent condition!

That is funny because my November issue showed up about 10 days ago. It was reported in our newspaper that the USPS has changed the way our mail is sorted here in Charlotte and there have been delays in dated mail being delivered. Just last week I got a notice from Sears for a big Craftsman Club sale and I was excited until I saw it was for Dec 18 thru Dec 24!

Not much I can do about when the USPS delivers the mail, just hope that it arrives in decent condition!

MIke, I've wondered about this...I subscribe to cafe racer magazine and my issue #18 was missed, or so I thought....so I got in touch with the magazine and they sent me another issue....turns out the replacement issue got to my house 2 days before my regular issue...lol

Where in Charlotte do you live? I'm on the Northlake side

Gray,

I am on the Southside, Ballantyne area. Our mail delivery leaves a lot to be desired. On Saturday they had 2 different trucks running in our neighborhood, both delivering junk mail! Good thing postage went up today, they can justify the two trucks now!

Gray,

I am on the Southside, Ballantyne area. Our mail delivery leaves a lot to be desired. On Saturday they had 2 different trucks running in our neighborhood, both delivering junk mail! Good thing postage went up today, they can justify the two trucks now!

lol, yeah I won a hotwheels vehicle off of ebay around christmas time and it hit the Charlotte dist. center and stayed there for 2 weeks....

anyway, good to know a fellow modeller around the queen city...if you ever want to get together for a build and bull let me know...

back in the day( 1960s)..that was an advantage to being a subscriber...you got your magazine 2-3 weeks before the newstands..perhaps if you went back to that.. you would have more subscribers....

The magazine has no control over that. short of sitting on the news stand issues for a few weeks before mailing them. (which would eat into what little profit they make at this gig.) The issue is with the postal service, and how they handle the bulk shipments differently than the individual subscriber issues. They both get sent out at the same time, but it takes longer for them to get our issue to us.

Whats with the cover? Cover car looks to be for next months issue.

Elsewhere, here, there is a post where Harry P. describes how Chuck Most's cover car, which was to be featured in this issue, was bumped for the Ihobby show review. Harry stated that the cover was supposed to have been changed but it missed a deadline so even though Chuck's Hudson is on this cover the feature will show up in the next issue.

with all due respect, and yes i have read all about it in other threads, you really need to put the mag in a plastic bag. even if it costs more. i get the toyota land cruisers assn club magazine and have never had a copy torn or mutilated in ten years, its packaged in a thin plastic bag. with Model Cars, the cover and several pages are torn on 2 out of 3 issues so far with this latest one being one of them.

i know about the post office and i know about the machines the mail is subjected to. loose pages are just asking for it. and it is definately not the mail service around here...everyone knows everyone and treat each other with respects. my packages get hand delivered and me and the mail lady are on cookies-at-christmas level. so they are getting torn up enroute through whatever mail centers they pass on their way out here to the boonies.

please look into this. i know i am not the only person who feels this way.

i would think a 50 cent per issue price increase would be a fair trade, or to not penalize people who buy off the newstand, a 50 cent charge per issue to subscribers to have the issues bagged at the printing plant.

believe me it DOES make a difference, in my case a major difference.

the magazine looks nice and it is printed on nice stock. its a shame to see the cover torn in my mailbox when it arrives.

thanks and keep up the good work, each magazine really has its high points.

by the way TR3s were often seen in the UK wearing "spats" aka "fender skirts".

I got my "Chuck Less" issue after the other post, so just want to say how floored I was reading about Charlie Ryder's Gremlin Modified Stock! The photos just don't do it justice with all that scratchbuilt stuff .. the sign of a master builder I guess. I'd love to see more photos though . maybe here. :)

Actually, the cover is a big booboo.

At the last minute, we had a story change inside the magazine, and I sent the corrected cover to the office, but it didn't get picked up.

The custom Hornet was moved to the January issue, but it stayed on the cover.

Oh well.

Even with all the checks and balances in place, mistakes do happen.

No, it's not going to be a collector's issue because of the error.

Our friend Chuck Most gets two issues of coverage because of my error.

Oh well.....

No, I'm not going to blame this one on my meds.