Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dr.Cranky's 3 day weekend build #2 .Feb 18,19 & 20 th

ranma

Thanks, Rick, for getting us back into another one

Another 3-DAY BUILD, and this time you can build either something new or a project that's been sitting on your bench neglected.

There are no rules for this, but you can follow the same guidelines:

Saturday = cleaning up and primering the parts

Sunday = Painting

Monday = Assembling and detailing.

Working through the night is allowed.

Post all your progress pictures here to this thread.

Start thinking about what you will do, and you will have plenty of ideas by the time the 3-DAY WEEKEND arrives.

Here is a little twist that may, or may not, be appropriate for this build……being that it is Presidents Day weekend that this build is being proposed to be done over, what if the build had to be a vehicle with the same Name as a President? You know, Lincoln…..Ford………Cadillac (well, they still ride in them)......Chevy El Camino (Bill Clinton famously had one before his time in the White House….it had Astro Turf in the bed out back, just in case of an emergency pit stop with a cocktail waitress).

I know it limits the build subject a bit, but it certainly is relevant, isn't it?

Edited by Peter Lombardo

Well Doc if rember correctly you took at least 3 of our days.lol can't wait. Do we have to keep the presidential theme?
I beleive thats up to you. I myself will be building a paystar 5000 truck. the presidential build limits you to Ford/lincoln .caddy limos or the pt 109 and presidential planes.

Not necessarily only Ford/Lincoln. If I can post pics by then I will finish my '48 Woodie & dedicate it to Woodrow Wilson! Dang it!! That's still a Ford!......Just got a big shipment back from Chrome-Tech today. 1/24 Harley anyone?

Edited by Bartster