#41 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

How about palmer Plastic's Buick L' Sabre show car .................. ? Ed Shaver

#42 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,266 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

You would think Google could come up with pictures of a lot of these kits - but it isn't that easy. They must be rare if Google can't even find them.

Only images I managed to find of it were of the one Tim built.

#43 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:47 PM

what about that case tractor i saw...or i thought i saw?.....what other tractor kits were made minus the jd 310 and the jd 4430 and the international one thats out i know of?

#44 mistermodel

mistermodel

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Full Name:KEVIN YORKE

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

what about that case tractor i saw...or i thought i saw?.....what other tractor kits were made minus the jd 310 and the jd 4430 and the international one thats out i know of?

there were 2 massy-fergison kits,one in puller style
the rarest big rig, a AMT kenworth/challenge cement mixer

#45 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:15 PM

there were 2 massy-fergison kits,one in puller style
the rarest big rig, a AMT kenworth/challenge cement mixer

i have seen one or two of those mixers....

id say the hardest to get without paying collector prices ....LITTLE WINDOW PETE 359!

#46 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts
  • Full Name:Christian Pamp

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

The very first Airfix kit was a tractor - a ferguson. And yes, it is one of the rarest kits of all.
There were quite a few Tractor kits made in various Eastern Bloc countries, but they are highly prized collectors items among those folks and rarely make it westbound.

I'd say all pre-Perestroika Eastern Bloc kits are on the rare-kit-list, at least here in "the West".
Same goes for a lot of old Japanese kits. I have quite a few of which I have never seen a second one. Who knows how rare they really are.

#47 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

Same goes for a lot of old Japanese kits. I have quite a few of which I have never seen a second one. Who knows how rare they really are.

The Japanese have made A LOT of models - some pop up all the time that I have never seen. There are some pretty hardcore collectors there too.

Care to share a couple pictures of some rare ones? I'd love I see them.

#48 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

The Japanese have made A LOT of models - some pop up all the time that I have never seen. There are some pretty hardcore collectors there too.

Care to share a couple pictures of some rare ones? I'd love I see them.

Sure. But mind you, I consider them rare because I haven't seen any others. They may not be rare at all.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Junkman, 25 January 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#49 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:05 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And my favourite (because it is the epitome in politically incorrect box art):

Posted Image

#50 cortinanut

cortinanut

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Wilson

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

Some interesting rarities, and not such rarities, from Dean Milano's Model & Toy Museum...(Including the 1911 Chevy)

http://toys-n-cars.c...nbuilt_kits.htm

The one that startled me in those shots is the box packaged as "USED CAR" in this pic: http://toys-n-cars.c...mages/wall8.jpg
What is that, a Fairlane? Anyone familiar with the kit?

#51 Mark

Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

The one that startled me in those shots is the box packaged as "USED CAR" in this pic: http://toys-n-cars.c...mages/wall8.jpg What is that, a Fairlane? Anyone familiar with the kit?

The car pictured on the box is a '67 Galaxie, but that's not what is inside the box. The USED CARS kit was a giveaway item made to promote the movie. Inside the box was a bag of plastic parts from a late-Seventies MPC kit. Some of these contained Dodge pickup kit parts, most contained a Camaro kit. One I saw had the bag of parts from the Camaro but the plated tree from the Dodge pickup. The instruction sheet was a joke item with "tips" on prepping a used car. The kit wasn't meant to be assembled, and probably couldn't be assembled with what was in the box. I don't think all of these kits had plated trees, clear parts, or tires.
As an aside, in the mid-Eighties a pilot episode was filmed for a potential USED CARS series. Nobody picked it up, and I'm not sure it aired on network TV. The pilot is available if you know where to look for it (I've seen it; it's not worth bothering with). At the time, I had heard that if the series had aired, AMT had (or was going to get) licensing to produce a series of three or four USED CARS kits. Supposedly, one would have been the '66 Buick Wildcat (this was before that kit appeared in the AMT/Ertl Customizing series). No idea if any of this is true, but the series was never picked up anyway...

#52 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

i have seen one or two of those mixers....

id say the hardest to get without paying collector prices ....LITTLE WINDOW PETE 359!

Actually, all those truck and tractor kits you mentioned can be found on Ebay fairly often. If any of the old ERTL tractor kits was truly considered to be "rare" it would be the Massey Ferguson, Bicentennial version.

Edited by Ben, 25 January 2012 - 06:43 PM.

#53 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

I just remembered a rare one. The Aurora Racing Scenes, VooDoo Vega complete funny car kit in 1/16 with the body molded in metallic black rather than the common yellow body.

#54 Bartster

Bartster

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Full Name:Bart E Deatherage

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

I don't s'pose the original '69 issue "Cinder Bug" is rare?

#55 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

Posted Image

That is a great one, Christian - thanks for posting these pictures. I like to browse HERE, your probably familiar with the site.

#56 RodneyBad

RodneyBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

This is a kit I'm willing to trade most anything for.
Why? It's a Suzuki :D

Posted Image

So If anybody has one and is looking to unload it for something they are looking for ;)
I just might have it or them ;) :D

#57 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:06 AM

That is a great one, Christian - thanks for posting these pictures. I like to browse HERE, your probably familiar with the site.

Cheers.

Yes, Go-Boy-Store. I did quite a few good deals with him before he jacked up his prices into neverland. Since then his inventory doesn't seem to change a lot.
It's too bad that Ebay is so unpopular in Japan. They predominantly use Yahoo auctions and there is some interesting stuff out there, lemme tellyas. Too bad that my Japanese is literally non existent and a few futile attempts to start communicating with sellers failed miserably.

#58 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:27 AM

How about the Aurora Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? Not too many around of these. Same with the Airfix JB007 Aston and Toyota, or the DB6 and 2000GT Coupe while we are at it.

#59 paul alflen

paul alflen

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Full Name:paul alflen

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:22 AM

THE UNCERTAIN T BY MONOGRAM

#60 Darin Bastedo

Darin Bastedo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

The one that startled me in those shots is the box packaged as "USED CAR" in this pic: http://toys-n-cars.c...mages/wall8.jpg
What is that, a Fairlane? Anyone familiar with the kit?

I had one of those until I sold it recently...

Posted Image

here's a link to pictures of the contents...http://public.fotki....stuff/used_car/